Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1485120 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

WHAT IS THIS YOLO.
BURN ThE YOLO
IN NO WAY, SHAPE OR FORM IS YOLO TRUE.
DESTROY THE YOLO USERS!

#yolo

I christened the landing site Yolo Mare.

Also the CSM crashed fifty kilometers from the ARCH.  For fuck's sake, give me one god damned break game.
Shoes...

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

I am sorry, I just think the concept of it retarded as its used for games where death is of no consequence.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Because we control there every move. thus they cant be AI.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because we control there every move. thus they cant be AI.
Fool! This is what they WANT you to think, that we can't have AI, no, but with their quantum computers and NSA uplinks they're all controlling every facet of our daily lives and making a sheeple like YOU believe it's impossible! It all started with the fluoride, man! Open your mind, ere the honey badgers get you!

no need to thank me

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

WHAT IS THIS YOLO.
BURN ThE YOLO
DESTROY THE YOLO USERS!
Do you mean 'mer', like sea? Because AFAIK there aren't any majestic horses, or even not-majestic horses, on the mün.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 12:03:19 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

WHAT IS THIS YOLO.
BURN ThE YOLO
DESTROY THE YOLO USERS!
Do you mean 'mer', like sea? Because AFAIK there aren't any majestic horses, or even not-majestic horses, on the mün.
The large flattish areas on our moon are called 'Mare'.

EX: http://cseligman.com/text/moons/lunarnearsidelabeled.jpg

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

WHAT IS THIS YOLO.
BURN ThE YOLO
DESTROY THE YOLO USERS!
The large flattish areas on our moon are called 'Mare'.

EX: http://cseligman.com/text/moons/lunarnearsidelabeled.jpg
Quote from: Wikipedia
They were dubbed maria, Latin for "seas"
Oh, okay. In hindsight I should probably have considered latin, rather than another romantic language.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile

As we speak, my yolonaughts are preparing to embark in the yolo V rocket, headed straight for yolostation 4 orbiting just above the recently established yolothane mining station.

I feel dirty

Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!

Although to be honest, KSP does lend itself to the YOLO thing quite a bit.

"Oh, hey, I'm not too sure about the structural integrity of this ship... too many boosters, I feel that's probably gonna break", says the space engineer with a doubtful, piercing stare at the space rocket in front of him.

"YOLO!!!!!11one", yells Bill McKerbinbeard, with the widest grin you've ever seen, running straight for it.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

For spaceplanes, what kind of relations should I be looking for with the centers of mass/lift/thrust?  I've got a plane that makes it off the ground but then starts flipping and rolling uncontrollably and crashes.
Shoes...

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Center of lift should be behind the center of mass, generally. The center of thrust, on the other hand, is more tricky, and requires trial and error, though it needs to pass though the center of gravity.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

For spaceplanes, what kind of relations should I be looking for with the centers of mass/lift/thrust?  I've got a plane that makes it off the ground but then starts flipping and rolling uncontrollably and crashes.

center of mass quite ahead of the center of lift, thrust slightly below or in line with the center of mass, center of lift may be slightly above the center of mass.

consider it in term of levers, thrust below the center of mass cause your plane to rotate upward, same apply in reverse with the center of lift, with the difference that center of lift is also where drag is applied so if it is ahead of the mass makes your plane unstable (will have a rotational force proportional to the angle of attack, rotating to increase it)

anyway, there are quite some issue in the lift/drag model.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

One last Kerbo mission, in memory of Jeb.  We triangulated the exact location of the anomaly.  We reinforced the RCS tank so it wouldn't fucking come off again.

We came down within a kilometer.  The fucking RCS tank came off.  Fuck my life.

But it's all good, we've done it.  This is it.  The ARCH is ours.  This will be the final Kerbo mission, we won't be coming back to Mun until after Kerba Station is built.

EDIT:  Scratch that, probably five kilometers away.  Obbo Kerman won't have the supplies to make the trek back but that's okay.  We did it for Jeb.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 07:10:41 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We came down within a kilometer.  The fucking RCS tank came off.  Fuck my life.

have you considered

more struts

« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 07:40:58 am by LordSlowpoke »
Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 848