Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1484858 times)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well there is one mod that use these instrument to make graphics on various level to help you *tweak* your rockets/planes, graphotron i think its called? While its no proper gamey use they can still help you out to find out if your ship is efficient for the mission you gave it.

Graphotron i think its called.
http://kerbalspaceport.com/graphotron-2000/

Here you go. Might want to take a good look on all those mods out there ( Hint: need full version as no mods work with demo exept parts? even there im not sure )
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Finaly figured out how to use manuvure nodes, got my first moon orbit too. Mightn't mean much to you guys, what with your fancy Duna encounters. But this a huge victory for me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile

Finaly figured out how to use manuvure nodes, got my first moon orbit too. Mightn't mean much to you guys, what with your fancy Duna encounters. But this a huge victory for me.

I have not made a normal orbit so congrats
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile

Ok, I played the demo, fell in love with it, and I've brought the full version.  So now I have a few questions-
1.  How am I supposed to evenly place wheels?  And is there any other kind I can use other then high performance gear? All my planes that need a runway point downwards, so they can't take off, or go sideways.
2.  Are there any uses for high altitude gliders?  I created one that has almost pinpoint control at very, very high altitudes, but I can't find any immediate use for it. 
3.  Why is my glider losing maneuverability as it goes down?  By the time I get to below 10,000 meters it nearly get's locked at a near 60 degree angle, and I can only make a small adjustment to make it go a little steeper or a little shallower.  Is it because gravity is greater?
4.  Nevermind, was using jet fuel.  Other questions still stand.
5. As of now, are there any uses for Science?  Or is it just cosmetic?
Do I need to post any design specifics, or are these general enough questions?

1. Using the symmetry tool should fix most of the problem.
2. They have the same functionality as the rockets: lulz :P
5. Right click on them and you can enable them to get various readings (eg gravity etc). But there is no "gamey" use for them at the moment.
I already use the symetry tool for placing wheels on the wings, but I can't place one of the fueslage without it being too high or two low.  I tried using a structural support/pylon thing, but I was still having the same problem. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

If you need a symmetric wheel frame for a rover, you can just use the symmetry options creatively.

Planes that point downward on the runway are good. If they don't point downward, there is that much more chance that they'll tailstrike as they take off. The reason planes go sideways or roll over on the runways is more often than not non-parallel wheels (and by wheels I assume you mean "landing gear" here, since no rover wheels are strong enough to handle a spaceplane takeoff). If you need, use a rigid frame to make sure that your rear landing gear is as perfectly aligned and as perfectly vertical as possible. Use struts so that it doesn't flex, since on takeoff all the plane's mass, plus the torque from lifting the nose up, all end up on it. The nose wheel just needs to be centered, and reinforced to handle the occasional bump of a rough landing.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Awesome! Now use another node at the lowest point in the orbit to circularize.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Awesome! Now use another node at the lowest point in the orbit to circularize.

If I leave it as is I should enough feul to get him home, or crash him into the moon. I like to keep my options open.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So what's the difference between separators and decouplers? I know the functional difference, but why would you choose one over the other?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

Sometimes you want to have a docking port that will only become accessible after removing the top stage, but don't want to put a docking port on the top stage.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Decouplers I use on anything I'd rather stay as one (or two) easily manageable and deorbitable piece after decoupling - meaning, most applications where staging is involved. When making an escape pod or staging parts that are meant to stay rather than disposed of, separators provide extra force for the former, and the accessibility for the latter.

edit: I'm making a jet-powered rover/buggy.
The only non-stock parts are the pretty cylindrical fuel tanks from KSPX.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 01:21:31 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

What you need to do, is grab several RCS, strap to the sides, and then take it to Minmus.

I can just imagine your buggy trundling along the surface, and then, "Nope, I'm outta here." and just lifts into the sky.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It sorta already does that on Kerbin, just with a tad more flair. And a lot more required forward space. It lifts off at about 100-120 m/s. Yes, that's well over the breaking point for the wheels. How does it take off and land then? Easy.

James Bond style. :P

I really kinda like this one. Might even modify it for rocket power and take it to the Mun with something.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Are those... high performance gears that deploy UNDER the rover wheels?  God damn man that's a stroke of beauty.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile

I do that with my stratoplane. It taxies around on rover wheels, then the landing gears deploy, lifting the fragile rover wheels off the airstrip. Useful, actually.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 848