Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1488342 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJYAyx91N5s

RECEIVE!

So awesome!
Hmm... He is not using that many rockets... I wonder if you could make it bigger?

I second the pure awesomeness of this. Of course, I'm now tempted to do something like this even though I know I'd fail horribly trying...
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

my account got killed by them FOR NOTHING (really. i cant get anything and the only things i had done on there was installing (and briefly playing) a NEW copy of Civ V)

Did you ask them? Because they are very responsive to issues like that.
Tried but could not get in. another reason why i dislike them.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

"Could not get in"? What did you try?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

official support.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Welp, anywho here's the start of my Mun Lander mission. Introducing the Odin-1 Command Vessel!

I'm pretty certain I have FAR more fuel than neccessary for a simple Mun mission, the idea is to have a command vessel capable of far more than going to the Mun....

And here it is in orbit!

This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp

I have successfully landed my first Muen-Rover! It was via skycrane and used a lot of quick-saving, but in the end, it worked!

I have nicknamed it, Buddy-Rover. It is a tiny, nuclear powered rover.

Pictures:

Spoiler: For Art (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: And For Science (click to show/hide)

Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

I take it the "eyes" are headlamps of some kind?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp

I take it the "eyes" are headlamps of some kind?
They are "Illuminator mk1" stock lights. They're basically the reason I call it Buddy-Rover
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

I haven't had time to update yet, so all of these new stock parts are things I just don't recognize.

Can't wait to fool around with these rovers. Maybe they'll be easier than docking or flying to other planets :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Wait, did we really get like proper rover wheels, an not 'rocket wheels'?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Proper motorized and steerable wheels.

yarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So guys, I bought this game some time ago and tried the latest version again.
I mean it was fun at first, building rockets and failing, but now I don't really know what to do. Okay, I can get to the mun or some other strange planet and then? There is really nothing to do there?

I heard something about minining resources there, but I don't know if it's a mod or something that will appear in the vanilla game in a future update.

Yea I know it's supposed to be a sandbox game, but shouldn't there be a *little* more to it than just building rockets/spaceships?
Or am I just missing something?

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm in the same boat, I got bored with building stuff a while ago and right now there's very little reason to continue and almost nothing else to do.

One thing to keep in mind is that it's still early in development and they do plan on making it into an actual game at some point.

Oh, and they are adding mining in the vanilla game in the next update, I think. There's a mod for it right now but I have no idea what it's called.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 02:37:25 am by Jehdin »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

I don't know either, but I've heard Kethane mentioned, so a search for that might give you the mod that includes it (a quick search reveals that there is something called a Kethane Pack, though I don't know if that's the mod or collection of mods or what).
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So guys, I bought this game some time ago and tried the latest version again.
I mean it was fun at first, building rockets and failing, but now I don't really know what to do. Okay, I can get to the mun or some other strange planet and then?

then land on it? land on it and its moon? land and come back?

But yes, there isn't anything else, will be added in the future, i'd say come back in 3 months for a resource and resource gathering (eg space mining) system to be implemented in the game.
Magma is overrated.
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 848