Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1488037 times)

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #3600 on: February 01, 2013, 03:33:29 pm »

I don't know where it's going, but it's not getting there any time soon.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #3601 on: February 01, 2013, 04:37:41 pm »

Damn it, I should not have updated from 0.17 to 0.18... I thought the vehicle assembly was finicky before but now... damn some times it is near impossible to actually attach something to something else. Hopefully I still have the old zip with 0.17 somewhere.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: February 01, 2013, 04:47:40 pm »

Damn it, I should not have updated from 0.17 to 0.18... I thought the vehicle assembly was finicky before but now... damn some times it is near impossible to actually attach something to something else. Hopefully I still have the old zip with 0.17 somewhere.

Are you crazy?
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: February 01, 2013, 06:50:58 pm »

Vehicle assembly seems to works identically to earlier versions for me. Maby its some sort of bug.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: February 01, 2013, 07:01:35 pm »

Try turning the part around with WASDQE.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: February 01, 2013, 07:03:20 pm »

I am waaaaaaaay too busy to be buying the full version of this, but I did anyway.

...this is a lot of options.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3606 on: February 02, 2013, 02:20:28 am »

Are you crazy?

Maybe I am, but I am having serious issues building even a small rocket now compared to in 0.17. I'll try redownloading 0.18 again, maybe something got weird.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3607 on: February 02, 2013, 06:07:14 am »

I don't know where it's going, but it's not getting there any time soon.

Ion thruster...

You mad fool!
Ion thrusters need to be allowed to work during time warp. Then they might actually be useful.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: February 02, 2013, 07:07:57 am »

Are you crazy?

Maybe I am, but I am having serious issues building even a small rocket now compared to in 0.17. I'll try redownloading 0.18 again, maybe something got weird.
Try restarting your game. I had an issue where I couldn't attach anything too. And fuel tanks on top of other fuel tanks nearly never works.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3609 on: February 02, 2013, 07:18:18 am »

Ion thrusters need to be allowed to work during time warp. Then they might actually be useful.

There is active time warp, allowing you to time warp up to 5x while accelerating. I think you access it with the period key (or alt-period, I forget).

It is pretty much a requirement for ion thrusters, but it can piss off the space kraken.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: February 02, 2013, 07:26:47 am »

I think you access it with the period key (or alt-period, I forget).
IIRC by default it's the same button as normal time warp, except with a modifier key (probably alt).

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: February 02, 2013, 08:28:07 am »

Yup. It's Alt. And it only goes to 4X, not 5X

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3612 on: February 02, 2013, 10:33:06 am »

Redownloading KSP seems to have fixed the issue, now it is back to the normal level of fidgeting to get the pieces where I want em :p Currently working on my biggest and most complex craft yet, have so far had successful tests of the lander and it achieves orbit easily enough. Trying to be super careful with this one, actually testing it for each new part I add so I don't have to debug an entire mess at once this time hah.

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3613 on: February 02, 2013, 01:21:13 pm »

I just left the game running and did other things. One thing I would like would be to be able to do would be to use fuel ducts to do the outer->inner fuel+engine setup with ion engines.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: February 02, 2013, 06:36:34 pm »

-selfsnip-

How the fuck did you get so many spare parts onto the Mun!?

let's see yer launch ship!

I've stalled that for long enough.

You do have to attach a docking device to the rocket's core before putting it on the launch pad, and then you need to use a different cargo rocket to grab the payload and put it on the hauler, then strut gun everything together, and carefully steer it until you're out of atmos (Armok help you if you try to rush it) but this beast will get everything into orbit with slight modifications.

The blank box you can see on the part staging thingy is the enormous engine. It's burn rate is something 700, go figure. As a side note, I've listened to this while building it.

E: MechJeb refuses to acknowledge the giant engine's thrust, probably something with the configs. Do go ahead and add 22kN to the stats you have in the first pic.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 06:55:51 pm by LordSlowpoke »
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 848