Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1487595 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #2760 on: December 03, 2012, 01:50:57 pm »

Dock, then rightclick on relevant fuel tanks. At least, so I heard.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #2761 on: December 03, 2012, 01:51:44 pm »

Right click on one fuel tank and then alt+right click on the other one. A menu will pop up.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: December 03, 2012, 03:28:54 pm »

twenty minutes of watching the patcher 'waiting on server' for 'determining what files you need'

to update just to 18.1!

seriously, drop it, it's DOA.

why can't they push the changed files and be done with it? it isn't like it is going to work with mod anyway (it tells right from the start it is going to overwrite anything different).

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: December 03, 2012, 03:33:46 pm »

Use the reset feature.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: December 03, 2012, 03:36:07 pm »

yeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Another full download. Kill the patcher and do what every other is doing on their games ::)

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #2765 on: December 03, 2012, 05:12:54 pm »

Is there a way to transfer progress? Like swapping the data file? Or would that bork it.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: December 03, 2012, 05:49:47 pm »

you can open it in a text editor, craft are pretty easily taken apart and pasted; there is even a 'social' savegame on the ksp forum.

btw, here is, finally, a good visualization of a 'free return' trajectory:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

basically you get on a reverse slingshot that slows you, and so you fall back on Kerbin

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: December 03, 2012, 06:05:34 pm »

a few posts ago I said I would bring a rescue module up to orbit to rescue kerbonauts on failed station, and then dock with new station.

soon after launch, however, I noticed some *slight* flaws.
I forgot to add any RCS.
Module didn't have any small engines on it to help docking , so I had to use orbiting stage.
Orbiting stage was a mainsail engine with 2 large fuel tanks!

I decide to move the station then. well, turns out that keeping such a thing stable with RCS consumes a LOT of fuel. I run out fairly quickly, and have to use even less thrust ( only SAS to keep things stable).

so, I have a behemothiam crew module with little turning ability, and an unblanaced, RCSless station( thankfully with plenty of SAS power).
well, I started the interception burn already, so might as well try, right?
surprise! I actually manage to dock them!

and it only took 2 tries. the first attempt bounced me away a little, but in such a way that I could just realign the crafts and try again, even more easily.
I docked 2 unsteerable crafts using only main engines! I feel like a genius! ( at least until somebody posts screenshots of huge and good looking stations. or the newest spaceplane, or a landing on jool moons or whatever).

you might, however, have noticed that I didn't mention how I recovered kerbonauts.
well, turns out I have a rather bad memory and I forgot. now I am 28 km away.
I'll probably wait for next intercept...

edit: next thing I do, however, is launch an RCS storage module. and perhaps set up a proper dock, so I can refuel all the empty tanks.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 06:35:20 pm by andrea »

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: December 03, 2012, 07:06:04 pm »

So I had finally put up the space station core and was going to install a more fitting habitat module. By doing some science and reading I managed to intercept and maintain a suitable docking path. However, once docked I noticed the solar panels weren't parallell, so off I were to re-orient them.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: December 03, 2012, 07:44:10 pm »

After about half a dozen attempts, I finally docked my massive fuel module to my station. It has 5 orange fuel tanks. That was a pain and a half to get into orbit. My station now has 5 modules; 2 generic ones, 1 RCS and Ion fuel module, a power module, and the massive fuel module.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 07:45:43 pm by alway »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: December 03, 2012, 07:47:47 pm »

a lander catching the return stage on the fly
lot of luck was involved.

I actually managed to catch up with the speed difference, but I had to reverse dock it because the lander lost the rcs fuel on ascent

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #2771 on: December 03, 2012, 09:20:33 pm »

I just realized something in 0.18.1

The building next to the launch pad has no skin.

What does this mean?

NEW UPDATE COMING REEAAAAAAAAL SOON.

EDIT: Oh crap the load save button doesn't work.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 09:52:24 pm by Mageziya »
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: December 03, 2012, 11:09:37 pm »

No, that's the option at the start to send debug info to the devs.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: December 03, 2012, 11:11:41 pm »

After about half a dozen attempts, I finally docked my massive fuel module to my station. It has 5 orange fuel tanks. That was a pain and a half to get into orbit. My station now has 5 modules; 2 generic ones, 1 RCS and Ion fuel module, a power module, and the massive fuel module.

How many orange fuel tanks did it take to get those 5 into orbit?
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: December 04, 2012, 01:15:17 am »

My guess is.. Those five thanks. He did not say that those were also full.
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 848