Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1487432 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #2655 on: December 01, 2012, 12:56:17 pm »

trying my first rendez-vous. using the planner, I think I can get closer than a kilometer to target. which is still way too far, however. I'll see when I get there, I guess. any tips?

edit: it was too dark to see the station. despite it having light.
oh, well. the bad part is that I don't have much fuel left, and neither I have parachutes. poor kerbonauts!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 01:13:51 pm by andrea »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #2656 on: December 01, 2012, 01:29:38 pm »

You might want to try the Romfarer lazor system. It has nightvision.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2657 on: December 01, 2012, 01:35:32 pm »

Patiently waiting for mods to update. I wants my mechjeb or some other autopilot.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: December 01, 2012, 01:43:16 pm »

well, 0.18 makes aiming for other stuff MUCH easier. but mechjeb would make it far less time consuming, I agree.

also, it is not the night vision i miss most. for some reason, the circles that should be around other nearby objects don't appear anymore.
edit: which I fixed, luckily.
with a bit of luck, I'll post screenshots of a space station soon! ( or a big crash, whichever happens)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 01:45:23 pm by andrea »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: December 01, 2012, 02:19:57 pm »

so, it crashes just with that probe? very odd.

in other news... I am close! but lining up without an ASAS is HARD! really people, an asas is worth its weight.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: December 01, 2012, 02:20:45 pm »

I think I may be retarded. I've sent a "permanent" lunar module base thingie to the mun, sent probes and manned ships to almost all bodies but yet I can't even rendevouz two ships and sucessfully dock them.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: December 01, 2012, 02:21:04 pm »

Neither can I, haha.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: December 01, 2012, 02:26:46 pm »

well, it too me the better part of an afternoon to get the ships that close.

( and I am still unable to send stuff farther than minmus. can't bring enough Delta-v to orbit.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: December 01, 2012, 02:28:31 pm »

i still have yet to orbit in the demo. i wish i had money for this...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: December 01, 2012, 02:35:59 pm »

well, it too me the better part of an afternoon to get the ships that close.

( and I am still unable to send stuff farther than minmus. can't bring enough Delta-v to orbit.
My first rocket (Yes my first rocket,the very first one) that managed to get out of the atmos actually was an OP'd son of a bitch, slingshoted in the mun gravitational field and went into a orbit about the same size as the Jool one.

Edit:forgot my pro tip
PROTIP: Use the mun gravitational field to get past minmus without wasting lots of fuel.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 02:37:32 pm by peskyninja »
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: December 01, 2012, 02:43:43 pm »

i have managed to orbit the sun and even to exit system, but never to orbit kerbel...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: December 01, 2012, 02:45:44 pm »

I managed to get 2 crafts to almost touch, dock port to dock port, but not straight enough to dock...

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: December 01, 2012, 04:00:30 pm »

Apparently, improved physics means the Mainsails are absurdly wobbly. The only reason Communications Relay Epsilon is going into any sort of orbit is because I stuck 20 RCS thrusters on the thing. Bluh.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: December 01, 2012, 04:05:59 pm »

also, I am now semi confident that the cross shaped thing doesn't actually have clamps included.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: December 01, 2012, 04:35:34 pm »

GAAAAAH! Getting things close enough to dock is almost impossible.

I'm waiting for MechJeb to be updated...
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 04:39:16 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 848