Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1487443 times)

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #2640 on: December 01, 2012, 05:34:11 am »

Downloading now with 1MBs.
yes: M!

Well, my challenge kinda got superseded by the release, so I guess I will be replacing it with the actual return trip to Laithe mission.

Also, about docking, couldn't you do a direct launch to dock manoeuvre, by launching say 5 min before the target passed overhead? then using the flight planner?

EDIT: the time it took to write this was about the same time it took to DL KSP.
Good job on the server guys, much better than .17
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 05:36:10 am by ank »

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #2641 on: December 01, 2012, 05:42:12 am »

Also, about docking, couldn't you do a direct launch to dock manoeuvre, by launching say 5 min before the target passed overhead? then using the flight planner?

Doing that makes it a hell of a lot easier, as you only need a few orbits to catch up/slow down inline with your target. if you launch on opposite sides of the planet, you're looking at more like half a dozen orbits of waiting
Magma is overrated.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: December 01, 2012, 06:13:07 am »

God damnit, how to I keep my planes from flipping around as soon as I'm in the air?

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: December 01, 2012, 06:24:10 am »

Usually you wait for the ferram aereospace mod to come and fix the silly drag model

But make sure your wings are for the most part behind the center of gravity and try not to exceed with the angle of attack
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 06:26:06 am by LoSboccacc »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: December 01, 2012, 06:26:13 am »

God damnit, how to I keep my planes from flipping around as soon as I'm in the air?
Put more stuff on the back.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: December 01, 2012, 08:00:39 am »

new version is great!

first thing I did, was to send a satellite in orbit around kerbin. worked great, but due to poor launcher design it is in a polar orbit.
second thing I did, I strapped a barometer to a solid rocket booster, and got a good idea of how atmosphere pressure changes with altitude.
which will be useful when I'll need to throttle engines in more advanced designs

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: December 01, 2012, 09:19:32 am »

The patcher is worthless right now. 6AM PST. Using alternative means.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: December 01, 2012, 09:28:43 am »

you sure? I used the patcher a couple of hours ago and it was fine.

edit: did you download the new patcher?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 09:50:51 am by andrea »

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: December 01, 2012, 11:08:03 am »

Those big solar panels... where are they? can't seem to find them in the menu's

They're in the utilities menu (or whichever one has all the other solar panels), but they're listed a bit further up than the smaller designs.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: December 01, 2012, 11:11:54 am »

you sure? I used the patcher a couple of hours ago and it was fine.

edit: did you download the new patcher?

Yes, I did. It just sits around and crashes.

Windows version.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 11:28:30 am by BigD145 »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: December 01, 2012, 11:16:35 am »

which platform/version?

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: December 01, 2012, 11:18:18 am »

New patcher works for me, 10:15 CST
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: December 01, 2012, 11:18:51 am »

Same problem as BigD here. Had it since 17.1, again.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 11:21:22 am by Twi »

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: December 01, 2012, 12:10:49 pm »

I get a window that says:

Code: [Select]
CLR error: 80004005.
The program will now terminate.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: December 01, 2012, 12:54:17 pm »

Mine just cuts out after awhile without an error message. The last thing in the patch log is "[INFO] Waiting for server to process file manifest..."

Oh well. There is a torrent and it works. I'm a legitimate customer that bought when it was first offered at $7 or 8. The server is apparently busy and I've just avoided making it busier.
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 848