Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1487676 times)

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Space C'thulu has been banished!

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

docking? every sign up until now has said docking would not be in .18

apparently it's true!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 12:26:09 pm by sluissa »

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile

The tracking station doesn't overload and crash the game any more. That's good news.
However, MechJeb's Rendezvous Module doesn't work in 17.01 for some reason.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile

Another feature hopefully put in .18 is maneuver planning (with a preview of the resulting orbit)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

I've found post confirming at least the kerbin details, the docking and an electrical power system.

but I do hope for maneuver planning

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
and that is terrible
Sigtext

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #2511 on: November 01, 2012, 06:19:58 am »

i wonder if there will be true space stations...

Yep, seems like it.

Single best thing that they can do for game performance. No longer do we have to launch our entire rockets at once, we can cut them down into smaller, more manageable pieces. (props to those who get this reference)

Magma is overrated.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #2512 on: November 01, 2012, 06:24:33 am »

Question: How do you people rendezvous with a ship you already launched? I don't think I'd ever be able to find my way anywhere near to ships I previously launched. :x

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: November 01, 2012, 06:27:23 am »

Well, you can put yourself in a slightly higher (or lower orbit), and then skip time until your target gets close enough that you can close the remaining distance with RCS.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: November 01, 2012, 06:39:45 am »

I really hope they add re-docking the same ship, so we can do Apollo type missions.

This will make return flights much easier since you can leave the return stage in orbit, while you land.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: November 01, 2012, 06:44:39 am »

Question: How do you people rendezvous with a ship you already launched? I don't think I'd ever be able to find my way anywhere near to ships I previously launched. :x
try to launch when the other ship is a quarter kerbin before your launch site, it is a good ballpark estimation of ascent time.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2516 on: November 01, 2012, 07:05:08 am »

I never can match the orbit angle with other ships xD All of my spaceships in orbit are at wildly different angles to each other.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: November 01, 2012, 03:42:16 pm »

Alternatively you can use MechJeb's ascent autopilot, but be careful: MechJeb can't do fuel efficient launches: it burns at 100% throttle all the time during vertical ascent and gravity turning, unless you turn the "auto-throttle" function off and control the engines by yourself.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 03:45:22 pm by Guardian G.I. »
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: November 01, 2012, 06:39:50 pm »

That's not true. Try adding boosters or more overall thrust, it does throttle down a few hundred meters up. I've actually crashed a couple of times because I put a ton of SRBs on, so the main engines (which had the only steering on the ship) didn't actually fire, causing the entire ship to flip over unchecked.

I've found post confirming at least the kerbin details, the docking and an electrical power system.

but I do hope for maneuver planning
http://www.twitch.tv/kerbalsp/b/337346329
~52:00 docking
~1:19:00 maneuver planning
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 10:06:37 pm by Peewee »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2519 on: November 02, 2012, 07:22:14 am »

Alternatively you can use MechJeb's ascent autopilot, but be careful: MechJeb can't do fuel efficient launches: it burns at 100% throttle all the time during vertical ascent and gravity turning, unless you turn the "auto-throttle" function off and control the engines by yourself.
It only burns at 100% if necessary. If you have more overall thrust than needed to get to orbit, it will throttle down as you ascend. You can change the ascent profile as well, telling it when to start the gravity turn and other settings to tweak your ascent. Though I have to say, I've never been able to manually do better than mechjeb's ascent as far as fuel efficiency and time to orbit.

Also, that electrical system looks excellent! Glad to see them adding more features in.
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 848