Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1487911 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Nooooo!

Not going into mods just yet. Would rather see what I can manage with vanilla.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

The problem in timing transfer is that while you're orbiting at 100km you can't use super warp

If you keep another craft alive in space, you can switch to that while you wait for angles to align. Or you can wait at launchpad, duna is not that sensible to angles.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

well, I just bring my orbit to 600km... the other options are more efficient though.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well I can't build a rocket that can circularize at 600km with enough fuel for a return trip from duna.

Or better, i can but my computer dies trying.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Yeah, with my big rocket, I can't actually control my rocket till midway through the second stage because of lag.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm trying to run two mission together to duna...

I waited till it was in position, then launched two craft. one is in orbit at 100km waiting for the ejection angle. the other is now moving to mun: it will circularize at the periapsis of the encounter, then wait for its injection window from there.

I want to see if the mun speed can push me to duna with less dV, but it will depend if circularizing at mun is more or less efficient than avoiding it.

then they will fly together to duna, and if I'm luky enough one may also return  :P

but first: savescumming  :D :D

I wonoder if I can put that save here as a scenario?

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile

I wonder, can the extensive use of MechJeb be called cheating? It makes launches and orbit corrections a lot easier.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

I consider anything not vanilla KSP to be cheating, but that's just me.

calculators and stuff are fine, in my oppinion, as long as they don't connect to the game.

speaking of...

Spoiler: Godspeed. *Salut* (click to show/hide)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

since parts are all messy and guidance is planned to make an entrance in game anyway, it isn't that much relevant.

however, at least one kerbal - mun and return manual flight is extremely instructive on learning what's going on...

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Made a little vertical boosted shuttle..
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Would be nice if we had some plane parts which were actual rocket fuel (infact, the whole fuel system changed so jet fuel and different fuel types were separate)
Magma is overrated.

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On that topic, i'm getting excited in anticipation of what the feature list for .18 will be, which will presumably released sometime this week (the list, not the update)
Magma is overrated.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm still waiting for 17.1 so that rockets don't randomly explode out of warp :P

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

I'm still waiting for 17.1 so that rockets don't randomly explode out of warp :P
Should work fine if you gradually step the warp up and down.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile

I hope the developers will fix the constantly crashing Tracking Station soon.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Should work fine if you gradually step the warp up and down.

You're assuming I've a brain! truth is I'm usually late for maneuvers and smash the warp keys as there is no tomorrow

tracking station is given to be fixed, as the parachutes not deploying if you open them and warp.

edit:

sooooo...
Spoiler: approaching duna (click to show/hide)

in this approach I got the duna moon in the way. to use it to slow down, which direction should I encounter it? should I pass ahead of it or behind?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 06:01:32 am by LoSboccacc »
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 848