Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1488182 times)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #2025 on: September 20, 2012, 11:43:54 am »

That actually seems somewhat appropriate, from what I can tell. Most of the other planets have significantly lower gravity and atmosphere than Kerbin does, so it's usually easier to get off, (Eve, excepted) But interplanetary travel has been very trial and error for me, so I've needed the extra fuel for maneuvering duties... granted, I'm not using any plugins yet and once I learn better how to rendezvous between two orbiting bodies, I can probably keep my fuel usage down a bit more.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #2026 on: September 20, 2012, 11:44:36 am »

The Space Kracken was eaten by Space Cthulhu, who disintigrates ships whenever they deaccellerate from 100,000x real time too fast.

As for the ship designs, I don't know the lift requirements needed for most of the planets, but try starting with a one-way trip. Kerbin is really crowded, so the astronauts actually appreciate being stranded.

Yes, all that grass and trees... and those two launch towers are closing in on the little green guys.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: September 20, 2012, 11:50:52 am »

After about 5 attempts I finally managed to get a ship to orbit Kerbin. Unfortunately, the reentry parachute failed and Jeb crashed into the surface at 130 m/s, which didn't end well for him.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: September 20, 2012, 12:45:08 pm »

They really need to upgrade their servers.

I really wanted to be one of the first to land on another planet, but the inability to get to the DL page simply stops me.

they can just put up a freaking torrent with passworded tracker!! instant solution, zero costs.

plz someone with the forum access post a suggestion.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: September 20, 2012, 01:00:15 pm »

They really need to upgrade their servers.

I really wanted to be one of the first to land on another planet, but the inability to get to the DL page simply stops me.

It took me a few tries to get a non aborted download. The updater was worthless as I apparently hadn't updated since .15.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: September 20, 2012, 01:08:30 pm »

Does anyone else get serious lag when looking towards the horizon while still on Kerbin?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: September 20, 2012, 01:19:33 pm »

Unholy lightbulbs the site is slower than trying to bogosort the internet in alphabetic order.

¡ɯoʇʇoq ǝɥʇ ɯoɹɟ ǝʇıs ǝɥʇ oʇuı ʇǝƃ oʇ ʎɹʇ I ɟı ǝqʎɐW

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: September 20, 2012, 01:32:13 pm »

Spoiler: FUUUUUUUUUUUUU (click to show/hide)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: September 20, 2012, 01:35:22 pm »

shift+click

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: September 20, 2012, 02:09:33 pm »

The servers really don't like it when you hit them twice at the same time.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: September 20, 2012, 02:47:13 pm »

the rescue expedition managed to arrive to the mun and successfully land just 3 km away from the stranded crew member.
so, all is well?

not quite.
first of all, I forgot to bring an empty seat, so the poor man has to stay on the moon, and this time far from his capsule.
second, I probably don't have enough fuel to get back, although if I manage to achieve orbit, I might use RCS...

wish me good luck.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: September 20, 2012, 02:53:40 pm »

Make him grab onto a ladder for the entire ride.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: September 20, 2012, 02:56:32 pm »

@andrea: Try putting your 1st stage around your 2nd stage, then use fuel lines to feed the 1st stage tanks into the 2nd stage tanks, then set it up so that all the 1st and 2nd stage engines fire at the start. This has the benefit of giving you more thrust at the start when your rocket is fully loaded with fuel and is super heavy, then once the outer tanks are empty you separate them and you didn't have to carry a bunch of extra fuel into space. Also, why do you have solid rocket boosters at the top? If you put them anywhere you should fire them with the 1st stage because rocket engines work better the faster they are going so the solid boosters could help you out at the start.

@download problem people: I kept getting corrupted files as well, I eventually used a download manager and that seemed to do the trick.
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: September 20, 2012, 02:58:18 pm »

@download problem people: I kept getting corrupted files as well, I eventually used a download manager and that seemed to do the trick.

which one? there are a lot. please suggest, I'm desperate

edit: how does auth works? curl refuses to download.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 03:02:06 pm by LoSboccacc »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: September 20, 2012, 03:09:35 pm »

I am not quite sure about what you mean when you speak about first and second stages... I think you mean to use them in parallel instead of one on top of the  other?
if so, I have bad experiences with wide rockets, and even at a loss of efficency , I'll pass.

about boosters, I have to agree. they are there because that stage used to be first stage. it.. kind of grew from there.
I don't think I'll scrap those boosters, but I'll add more to the first 2 stages. I think I can safely get 4 each. not sure however, since it already wobbles way too much.

( thanks for the advice!)
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 848