Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1488400 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

wow.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

GOD

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

DAMMIT

I cut engine and dropped the last two meters or so, with a listed speed of about 2.7m/s.  How soft do you have to land these fucking things?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

Attach legs to tanks and not to the engine which is quite frail itself.

If you use big engines go for the bigger legs

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile

I've only managed to get to the Mun twice so far. First time, I went too fast and everybody died. The second time...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile

Send a rescue mission! IIRC there are mods which add empty pods.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I still want docking more than just about anything in this game. (The campaign mode would be nice though, and I think we're seeing progress towards that with the mission scripting.)

But yeah. Rescue missions. One of my favorite things to do, I'm actually generally happy when I get a survivable crash.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile

But yeah. Rescue missions. One of my favorite things to do, I'm actually generally happy when I get a survivable crash.
The worst thing is trying to dock 2 spacecraft in orbit. I had a satellite crew stranded in orbit and failed to get them back down. It's rather difficult.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It isn't easy, but the map makes it a lot easier. Personally, I've done enough orbital rendezvous in Orbiter that it wasn't that bad. Just remember to go faster, you have to slow down and to slow down, speed up.

If you need to meet up with something that is ahead of you in its orbit. Make your orbit smaller than it's is. The smaller yours is compared to its, the faster you will catch up (or shoot past) Alternative, if you're ahead of an object you want to meet. Make your orbit a bit bigger, you'll take longer to go around and let the other craft catch up.

To adjust inclination (the angle at which you cross the equator) aim 90 degrees left or right(if you're going east, to 90 degrees, aim at 0 or 180) from your direction of travel and thrust. Your direction of travel will move, so to avoid changing your orbit too much, try to change your thrust direction as your direction of travel changes. Good rule of thumb is to keep the two green markers at opposite edges of your nav ball.

If you need to meet an orbit's odd inclination, you might need to do more than one of these maneuvers. Try to do it where your orbit crosses the target orbit. Also, I believe if you have an elliptical orbit, you save a bit of fuel by trying to do these at higher altitudes, not sure if it's enough to specially make your orbit oblong, but if you're already doing it to slow yourself down to meet the target...

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

there's a contact page on the website, you could probably pop them an email, see if they can do anything for you.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Welp, can't access my KSP forums account. need to reset my password, but the e-mail address is an account I can't remember the password to, nor can I answer the security question for that e-mail account because I can't remember it.

as long as I can access the store account, I should be fine.

You're in luck. What's the name of your account?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 06:26:10 pm by Sordid »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #1856 on: September 10, 2012, 02:33:09 pm »

all too quiet  ::)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #1858 on: September 10, 2012, 03:27:03 pm »

I was just thinking about that!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: September 11, 2012, 07:26:37 pm »

So, how the hell do you make a spaceplane?
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 848