Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1488439 times)

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile

I found something on the moon.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also I successfully landed crashed sofly crashed into Mun. I feel proud of myself, except for the whole stranding-them-on-Mun-forever thing. Wonder if that jetpack can get them back?
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The jetpack alone can't get you home. But with the parts pack that adds empty command pods, you could land on the mun and pick them up.
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

I found something on the moon.

Also I successfully landed crashed sofly crashed into Mun. I feel proud of myself, except for the whole stranding-them-on-Mun-forever thing. Wonder if that jetpack can get them back?
Well, that looks cool. I heard there was a monolith on the moon somewhere, but I never heard of an arch.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The jetpack alone can't get you home. But with the parts pack that adds empty command pods, you could land on the mun and pick them up.

IIRC the jetpack can get you home, but won't be enough to stop you from pancaking into the ground.
As for rescue missions, you don't need mods for that. Simply use the 3-seat command pod, then EVA one of the kerbals. While controlling the kerbal, select End Flight. That'll get rid of the kerbal, but the rocket will remain on the launch pad with an empty seat. Repeat for a second empty seat if necessary.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there a way to have multiple command pods? That mission was sort of the rescue mission for my first moon "landing" (got distracted by shiny arch on the way ).
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I tried to land on Minmus. Sort of failed the landing bit but everyone survived. The Command pod was rolling down a hill and I EVA'd there. Being crushed over-and-over by the Command Pod diddn't stop Macby Kerman though as he let go onto the planet and straight into this:

Which is quite creepy.

I went to the tracking station and found that he must be hurtling out of the solar system. I cannot select him, and moments later he disappeared without a trace, so he must have been hurtling out of known space. The command pod also teleported back into space.

You eat your own head

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Ah, looks like one of your brave kerbonauts has managed to work himself into NULLSPACE.

He effectively exists in another universe that has no dimensions. He doesn't exist anymore.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, the Command Pod Macby Kerman was in, after a brief period of time having dissapeared from the universe, have now reapeared and are hurtling out of the solar system.

Of course the game has a very different opinion on what hurtling out of the solar system means. They shall journey to the center of the sun. FOR SCIENCE.

(The game is starting to bug up considerably, this is fun)

You eat your own head

malloc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Except only using a single core. Four cores is excessive. Eight cores is overkill for anything except professional 3D rendering and scientific simulations. Plus if you don't have an NVidia graphics card, you can't make use of hardware PhysX acceleration.

I think you misunderstand a few things. Firstly, while it's true that threading and using multiple cores is hard, it's only people who actually program in lowerlevel compiled languages like c/c++ who have to actually worry about such things.

Unity, which the game is running in, utilizes C#, UnityScript and a python like language called Boo. All modern implementations of these languages do actually, makes use of some sort of native multithreading. So having 8 cores will in fact get you more performance when playing games made in unity.

Lastly, newer versions of PhysX actually benefit A LOT from multiple cores if you have a non-Nvidia GPU.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For performace, Im running on an i7 with a GeForce 555m with good performance. Only flaky during launching some of my more... bizzare rockets.

In regards to multicore performace, it depends heavily on many things. If you add more of the same core at the same frequency, it will either run faster or no difference. But I think what some people are trying to say is that generally on the more-core processors, each core runs somewhat slower than an individual core from a less-core processor (Okay, bad english there). It depends very heavily on the program, the processor architecture etc etc.

Also what processor are you running that has eight cores? Is it just a HyperThreaded i7, or some sort of server processor/consumer-processor-I-dont-know-about?

You eat your own head

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Returning from the surface of the moon using eva: http://youtu.be/5JeDAvNXnEc This guy has some brilliant videos.
Thendash's Livestream

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just installed the Remote Tech Relay Network and I'm trying to get a communications satellite network up and running. (So far, no luck, mostly due to poor design of either the satellite itself or the rockets to launch them. I do, however, Have quite a lot of debris in equatorial orbit which can be !fun!.

The re balancing has screwed with the knack I developed and I'm having to relearn my rocket balancing and fuel:thrust ratios as well learn how to mix the new larger modules with the older smaller ones effectively.

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just got that mod and the ISA Map mod and have begun mapping Kerbal from space with a remote control satellite!
And this is the crowded orbit around Kerbal after launching all 5 of my nav sats.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 09:53:12 pm by Thendash »
Thendash's Livestream

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile

So is it true that there a second launch site on Kerbal?
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 848