Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1488368 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Also, don't multiple ASASes conflict?

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile

It seem to work fine in this case. I think the main issue is if your SAS are placed in a non-center of gravity spot. In this setup they are pretty well centered.

Also, that look pretty wicked Sordid. I'm playing around with vanilla at the moment, but I might give that mod a try.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

Is that old lego mod compatible with .15?

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It seem to work fine in this case. I think the main issue is if your SAS are placed in a non-center of gravity spot. In this setup they are pretty well centered.

You're confusing SAS and ASAS. Not the same thing. SAS generates torque, ASAS actuates control surfaces and gimbals. Having more than one ASAS is superfluous, and it doesn't matter where you put it.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not sure if this is the right place, but has anyone noticed how the moderation team for their forums seems to be getting increasingly bad?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Not sure if this is the right place, but has anyone noticed how the moderation team for their forums seems to be getting increasingly bad?
Example?

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I did.

getting mod from the fanboi crowd caused a very bad kind positive feedback on posts and topics, where any other dissenting opinion not inline with the forum wisdom is simply shut down. (and I'm not talking about flames and ot, just honest opinions)

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Example?

The fact that there's quite a bit of unnecessary hating on users, over strictness etc.
Also the fact that the mod team is heavily biased.
Their head of recruitment verbally assaulted another mod and got them banned, and got a talking to as punishment. If a normal user had done it, we'd get muted or at the very least an infraction.
That same person is the one that literally writes the rules.

You can't express any opinions that are contrary to the "accepted" line of thought, or your post is deleted. If you even so much as mention that you may have problems with anyone on the moderation team, you are punished for it.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

changing topic...

Spoiler: staged configuration (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: separation confirmed (click to show/hide)

Now, who'll be the first one to land on the moon and come back with a plane? I'd suggest using a massive plane, carrying a rocket (for interplanetary stuff), itself carryin a smaller plane/glider (for landing).

It is done  ;D
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 02:13:22 pm by LoSboccacc »

bertix

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity is over-rated.
    • View Profile

For the life of me I can't seem to get registered on forums...
Set phasers to tsun.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

not bad LoSbo. any space plane to the mun is impressive, but those engines are pretty widely considered to be imbalanced at the moment. Don't expect it to work the same way after it's updated. Of course, with the updates I'm reading about for next version, there's no guarantee anything will work the same. (Making everything bigger by 2.5x to be able to fix 1m kerbals in the capsule)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Considering that I got there with plenty fuel left and that half those wings are not producing lift because of bugs, I think that this design has quite some margin.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

It's pretty much just a rocket with wings though.

More complex designs are far less effective, but are more exciting to fly.
Like this one:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Barely makes it to a 200km orbit with a 4-ton fuel pod (it's a tanker for space stations), but very satisfying when it does so. Lags to high heaven though.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What in the name of all that is holy is that! :o

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

It looks like something designed in GalCiv2
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 848