Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1485228 times)

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: now hiring more optimistic astronauts
« Reply #870 on: August 03, 2011, 07:09:17 am »

Left my compy on last night. Currently at 49150K

I'm gonna just leave it and see how long it takes for earth to completely disappear, shouldn't be long now
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Stargrasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: August 04, 2011, 12:11:26 pm »

The big orange tanks are actually underpowered. They contain 1500 units of fuel, compared to 500 in the vanilla ones, while their size would imply at least three times that. Volume of a cylinder being PI*radius squared*height, tripling the radius increases the volume nine-fold. And these tanks are higher as well. By my estimates (and taking the possible thicker walls into account), these things should contain no less than 6000 units of fuel.

Of course, then they'd be so heavy you'd need whole clusters of solid boosters to even get them off the ground, which is obviously inefficient. How the hell to real-life rockets take off?

His images shows the spherical tanks.  You're using volume of a cylinder; you should be using volume of a sphere, which is 4/3*PI*r^3.  I see a glaring mathematical error here...

Mind that your ultimate point still stands.  If you want to talk math, please at least use the correct equation.  Vcylinder =/= Vsphere.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: August 04, 2011, 12:24:44 pm »

I think he mistook them for the large cylindrical tank. The spherical ones are over-powered, the cylindrical aren't. I already went into orbit and back with one of those sphere and a single liquid fuel engine. I still had a quarter of a tank full.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: August 04, 2011, 12:25:12 pm »

I couldn't see the images at the time. And I was referring to Sunday Punch's three-meter fuel tanks. I don't use the spherical ones. Too much Austin Powers for my taste.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: August 05, 2011, 10:32:18 pm »

Kerbal Space Program 0.9 EXPERIMENTAL 1
http://www.mediafire.com/file/6qo95ajtji29txw/KSP_win_0_9_x1.zip

Stages are now persistent when manually edited.
    Stages are now stored in relative values. This means they’re now smarter
    Parts can now specify their preferred relative stage though the cfg
    Editing the staging sequence now creates Undo states.
    The Debug Console can now be opened in the loading screen to debug load problems
    Stages can now be manually created and, when empty, deleted
    Stages are now represented as groups with parts inside them, instead of just separated by indicators
    The staging stack now scrolls manually using the mousewheel (when mouseing over it)
    Icons in the staging stack can now be multiple selected and moved as a group
    Whole stages can now be dragged and repositioned
    Stages can now be reset manually through a reset button
    Empty stages delete themselves in flight
    Active parts in previous stages move up to the current stage.
    Parts on the VAB list will now display their stats when hovered over.
    The tooltip for parts in the VAB will no longer go lower than the screen
    Holding shift while selecting a part in the VAB will now select the pod so the whole ship can be moved
    Parts now have an ActivatesEvenIfDisconnected parameter on the cfg to allow them to be activated after jettisoning
    The VS Gauge now uses a log scale, to allow greater precision with small values
    The Strut Connector. A compound part to create physical linkages between any 2 parts
    Parachutes now have a ‘useAGL’ parameter. If that’s enabled, it will deploy when it reaches deploy altitude from ground level
    Symmetrically placed Icons are grouped into a single icon

BugFixes:

Fixed a bug that caused parts to activate out of sequence sometimes.
    The scroll wheel is no longer read if the application is unfocused.
    Staging lock is now preserved if the application is unfocused and refocused.
    Fixed the MET clock, which would loop back to 00:00:00 when a mission went on for longer than 24 hours (I’m amazed someone found it )
    Changed the debug console key to Alt + the key left of 1. It would interfere with the throttle controls in flight.
    Fixed parachutes not deploying if not set to the last stage. (they can still deploy when jettisoned)
    Fixed a silent error when parts set an explosion potential higher than 1.0
    Eliminated the jitter on the VS gauge
    Changed the physical attachments between parts again, so the stack is less wobbly overall

E: Holy crap, it is a TON smarter about stages.
E2: However, it seems to be mostly incompatible with mods from previous versions.  Don't install on top of your existing copy.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 11:34:04 pm by Jay »
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: August 06, 2011, 12:55:21 am »

I was trying to get parts with an explosion potential of greater than 1.0 earlier; they became totally invincible. Now I can finally make my warheads!
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: August 06, 2011, 06:40:42 am »

I thought ExplosionPotential was simply how likely the parts were to blow up if hit? What does setting this to above 1 have to do with warheads?

Also, struts are awesome.

Can you believe this thing actually flies straight up until the third stage? (well, straight up like a drill, but whatever)
The only reason it's exploding after the second stage is because the third stage fires all the remaining boosters simultaneously. I'm still setting up the stages. Which, I should say, are almost more awesome than struts now.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: August 06, 2011, 07:14:29 am »

New loading screen?

Yes.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: August 06, 2011, 07:53:50 am »

It seems to be mostly incompatible with mods from previous versions.  Don't install on top of your existing copy.

I'm not having any problems with that. Simply put the new version in its own directory, then copy over your old Parts directory (without overwriting existing files). Ta-dah!

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: August 06, 2011, 10:43:22 am »

It seems to be mostly incompatible with mods from previous versions.  Don't install on top of your existing copy.

I'm not having any problems with that. Simply put the new version in its own directory, then copy over your old Parts directory (without overwriting existing files). Ta-dah!
Have you used struts yet?
They hard-lock the game if they're attached to older parts when you launch.
E: I looked at the files for the new parts, and I'm not really seeing any particular reason for the above to be happening, but you can't really report any bugs that you find with them loaded, because there's no telling where they came from.  It was stable for me when I installed it on its own, not so much when I put custom parts in.  Whatever.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 10:46:07 am by Jay »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: August 06, 2011, 11:18:40 am »

Not sure where you're seeing it, I've got struts attaching to Sunday Punch's parts just fine.

If the "hard-lock" you're experiencing is when you try to launch the vehicle, it's a general strut problem. Just try to reload it and relaunch, it should work. It happens whenever there's a lot struts at once.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: August 06, 2011, 11:57:20 am »

Not sure where you're seeing it, I've got struts attaching to Sunday Punch's parts just fine.

If the "hard-lock" you're experiencing is when you try to launch the vehicle, it's a general strut problem. Just try to reload it and relaunch, it should work. It happens whenever there's a lot struts at once.
Bluh bluh, I never had it happen until I put in custom parts, and I was doing a ton of stuff with them to test the limits.
Oh well.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: August 06, 2011, 02:48:42 pm »

It's freezing up on me without using custom parts, and it's only when struts are on the design.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: August 06, 2011, 03:18:56 pm »

How exactly are struts placed? I can only get a nub.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: August 06, 2011, 03:32:13 pm »

Click on first piece, click on second piece. Problems with it are that you cannot rotate when you're placinf the second endpoint, and the second endpoint doesn't snap to the second piece anywhere.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 848