Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 624 625 [626] 627 628 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1485289 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

On a side note, mods are awesome. I can't describe how fun my new career mode with budgets is, even though I started from scratch. I have to balance doing things I want (kethane probe and science) with things the game tells me to do (Sputnik III mission). Just wish there where more missions, because the starter ones go up rather... Harshly, I would say (from 'get to orbit' to 'dock with another ship' almost immediately.
I wouldn't say that's too harsh. Docking ports and RCS are unlocked quite early in the science tree.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart

Modded ksp is the bees knees. Also my LP is stick because I'm feeling ashamed of triple posting. :-\
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Rabid_Cog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can fix that. Hold on a sec...

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart

Thanks.  :P

I just posted some stuff about the CactEye telescope, it is fukken amazing. Just be sure to get the KAS fix or your processors will be wrong.  :D
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

I really hate that science becomes scarce after you spend several flights checking all the science stuff you can in Kerbin's atmosphere and orbit.

It's most likely because of my inability to get something into a safe Munar orbit to transmit science but meh.
Black lives matter.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Science seed kerbin then.
(science seeding invilves taking all the science things, shoving it on a lander, strapping a few of them to a rocket, and deorbiting at semi-random points. Science seeding)
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart

Usually my science gathering route is:

KSC and local atmosphere reports -> Far places (south pole, desert) reports -> KSC science goo/science jr -> far places science -> Orbital science -> munar/minmal science -> Kerbol science.

By kerbol you have enough science to equip (and haul) a beefy probe at duna or eve for hundreds of science at once. The initial farming is slow and boring as hell though.

Also, tadpoles.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

But THEN. Then you've got all the science instruments, and you've got docking ports, and maybe nervas, and a lab too, of course, THEN you fly out to Jool and its moons and bring back 8000 science in one trip.

That is a good day.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Black lives matter.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile

Usually my science gathering route is:

KSC and local atmosphere reports -> Far places (south pole, desert) reports -> KSC science goo/science jr -> far places science -> Orbital science -> munar/minmal science -> Kerbol science.

By kerbol you have enough science to equip (and haul) a beefy probe at duna or eve for hundreds of science at once. The initial farming is slow and boring as hell though.
Bah, best science method is obviously to unlock some of the basic science stuff and then launch a random kerbin armed with a radio on a permanent course with as many other planets as you can. I can easily unlock tons of stuff before even doing a moon landing or serious orbital stuff. (The Kerbin is a brave volunteer that usually ends up in interstellar space on exit from the Sun's sphere of influence).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am going to snap my own leg.

Once I accidentally sent a ship to Minmus (I think) and science logs were at about 8,000 total, but it never occured to me to do it seriously.
Black lives matter.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Near Future Propulsion has updated. Or rather reformatted, as Near Future Technologies - a modularized set of various parts. Plus some new parts - some solar panels, some fuel tanks, and of course the finalized IVA for the new command pod. And of course the Liquid Hydrogen overhaul, with an option to make the stock (and non-stock) NTRs like the NERVA use Liquid Hydrogen as fuel instead of the current kerosene/oxidizer mix.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

So I just found this.  Undeniable proof that the Mun landing was staged.
http://i.imgur.com/looRY5v.gif

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I just found this.  Undeniable proof that the Mun landing was staged.
http://i.imgur.com/looRY5v.gif

What great video footage they have
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Yes, thats how you do it.

You look like you did less well then you did.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 624 625 [626] 627 628 ... 848