Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 548 549 [550] 551 552 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1491104 times)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #8235 on: February 17, 2014, 03:00:58 pm »

You only need the science module to reset the science jr. and the goo, but you can also just bring multiples of those, that saves a lot of weight...

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #8236 on: February 17, 2014, 03:06:15 pm »

Huh. Now I know. This time, I'll take a goo, science Jr, and possibly a thermometer to minmus or the mun.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8237 on: February 17, 2014, 03:37:14 pm »

You can collect and store, via eva, multiple crew reports among other things.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8238 on: February 17, 2014, 06:00:26 pm »

Huh. Now I know. This time, I'll take a goo, science Jr, and possibly a thermometer to minmus or the mun.
I often take 3 or four of jr+goo for MAXIMUMSCIENCE.

The "Interstellar Quest" is hard. I keep miscalculating things, like G-forces or staging, or life support or that parachutes need electricity, and "reverting" is not allowed. So many dead kerbals already...

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8239 on: February 17, 2014, 10:58:47 pm »

"Interstellar Quest"?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8240 on: February 17, 2014, 11:10:56 pm »

It's a collection of mods.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8241 on: February 17, 2014, 11:37:38 pm »

Oh. Life support sounds neat.

Anyways. Random Page brought me to one in Chinese.
Spoiler: Translation (click to show/hide)
Link.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8242 on: February 18, 2014, 03:22:58 am »

Got to the Mun. Landed on the Mun. Celebrated. Ran out of fuel. Swore a lot. Reverted.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8243 on: February 18, 2014, 07:23:07 am »

"Interstellar Quest"?
A collection of mods that barely works together but creates an altogether different experience, a bit like Masterwork vs Vanilla DF.
If you google it, there is a "complete pack" that contains them all.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8244 on: February 19, 2014, 08:20:05 pm »

I've been requested to make a sciencing hovercraft in the LP I'm running, so I decided to practice. I set out to make a hovercraft that would make the engineers of Kerbin proud.

Then I made this.

It did this...

...and while I was taking the screenshot it crashed and exploded. Seven seconds in the air.

I added some reaction wheels and turned on the SAS. It "worked," but if the throttle was ever less than full it would start drifting downwards and crash.

Another flight is in order! I panicked after it began wobbling due to SAS being off...

Basically, the hovercraft crashed and the middle part exploded, with other parts flying off and exploding. The only intact bits? One reaction wheel...and the command pod.

Another test shows that its maneuverability is...lacking. Oh, and landing is hard. That could be a problem for the LP. Ah well, I'll figure something out. And dawn is breaking, how can I be sad about that?
Sig

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8245 on: February 19, 2014, 08:31:04 pm »

Try moving the front boosters forwards a little.
The command pod unbalances it, probably.
Black lives matter.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8246 on: February 19, 2014, 09:26:12 pm »

Thanks for the advice.

I'm trying to design something like Macey Dean's Dragonfly, but suffering because tricks like "stacking air intakes" and "being able to put ion drives...anywhere really" are beyond my grasp.
EDIT: Figured that out. Now to figure out "Flying without Crashing".
EDITEDIT: Losing the torpedo didn't help, it's still falling forward.
E3: I took off (it was a weight issue), but sadly failed to achieve SSTO. Ran out of air too early, the ions couldn't compensate. Thankfully, the parachutes work.
E4: Um, belay that; the parachutes rip everything off the cockpit when they deploy. Well, Jeb's safe.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 10:38:09 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8247 on: February 20, 2014, 11:49:33 am »

You need more intakes.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8248 on: February 20, 2014, 03:43:12 pm »

Yeah. Problem is, I already have more than should be fitting. And last time I added more intakes, it was too heavy to fly.

Definitely going to be the first thing I do when I get back to that, though.
Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8249 on: February 20, 2014, 04:10:23 pm »

I seem to have returned to the "Cant Take Off" part. I decided to add a couple little rocket engines and a small fuel tank, which let it take off, but well...

...I should have waited for the thing to get to a bit better velocity before trying to level out.

And I should remember to turn on SAS.

Okay, it's unstable.

Maybe I should reconsider this design.

But later, I need to go now.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 548 549 [550] 551 552 ... 848