Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 547 548 [549] 550 551 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1491079 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #8220 on: February 16, 2014, 08:53:45 pm »

That changes depending on how you set patched conics (that is, the way it displays when you change Spheres of Influence.)
Um...default?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #8221 on: February 16, 2014, 08:54:30 pm »

That changes depending on how you set patched conics (that is, the way it displays when you change Spheres of Influence.)
Um...default?
It's been so long I forget what default is. Give me a bit to find the appropriate Scott Manley video and/or topic...

in the meantime, see above-

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8222 on: February 16, 2014, 09:16:36 pm »

Thanks for all your trying at explaining, but Menley's video was immensely helpful, in large part because...it was a video.

And because it taught me I could move maneuver nodes.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #8223 on: February 16, 2014, 09:19:07 pm »

Thanks for all your trying at explaining, but Menley's video was immensely helpful, in large part because...it was a video.

And because it taught me I could move maneuver nodes.

Videos are indeed helpful. :P even pictures.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8224 on: February 16, 2014, 09:56:58 pm »

The LP

I might still post sandbox stuff here. Who knows?
Sig

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8225 on: February 17, 2014, 01:03:59 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I made it to Minmus! Without blowing up! And I made it back!

Woooo!

Edit: fixed tag.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 01:59:32 am by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8226 on: February 17, 2014, 06:02:15 am »

Everyones crafts look so fucking sleek and awesome... Mine look like the Borg just puked.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8227 on: February 17, 2014, 06:28:23 am »

Mine are just super-efficient science-draining-machines.

I'm going to try The Interstellar Quest next...

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8228 on: February 17, 2014, 08:31:04 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I made it to Minmus! Without blowing up! And I made it back!

Woooo!

Edit: fixed tag.
...How on EARTH did you land that thing? o_0 That has to be the single most unstable lander I have ever laid eyes on.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8229 on: February 17, 2014, 08:44:57 am »

No, no, on Minimus, not Earth. Also, I've been landing virtual planes and spaceships since the 80s. This was easy compared to Top Gun on the NES. (Fucking aircraft carriers, man.)

Anyway, it hit the ground, bounced and turned hard onto its side, and I RCS'ed it back into an upright position before it smacked the turf. Easy.

The only problem I had was that it tore itself apart upon parachuting on Kerbin. Lost 150 science in the science capsule, but I got 200+ from the mission anyway, so I got a couple of upgrades.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 08:52:10 am by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8230 on: February 17, 2014, 09:08:03 am »

Snarky suggestion: Spend it on "not losing science capsules to parachutes".
Sig

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8231 on: February 17, 2014, 09:10:09 am »

what is it that you need to learn, tell me, and i will provide you an useless tutorial free of charge
The controls.

you press these buttons to acquire the effects that are specified on the page where the controls are listed

seriously, useless was the key word. you should go on a wiki binge (it's not exactly a walk yo) and read all the little things you don't know since it's a source of info varying from a+ to b or b-

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8232 on: February 17, 2014, 10:38:21 am »

Spoiler: Topgun! (click to show/hide)

Landing on the Mun is actually a lot harder than on Minmus... My lander needs more TWR :(

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8233 on: February 17, 2014, 02:15:35 pm »

Eh, getting to Minmus is easier. You just need to burn a little bit more fuel. Not much. The landing is what gets you, not the intercept, and landing on Minmus is easier than Mun.

Also, I haven't played in a while, but didn't they change it so you can grab Science from the devices via EVA, and pop them into your capsule? So you can lose everything except the capsule and get every science.

It's possible you need that science station part, though.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8234 on: February 17, 2014, 02:28:26 pm »

Also, I haven't played in a while, but didn't they change it so you can grab Science from the devices via EVA, and pop them into your capsule? So you can lose everything except the capsule and get every science.

It's possible you need that science station part, though.

You do not - I can confirm that you can do this in EVA even without the science processing unit (or whatever it's called).  I actually did this when a similar situation happened - my goo pod detached on landing, so was never going to return, but I simply walked a kerbonaut over to it, collected the data, walked back to the pod, stored data, then got in and took off and returned.  Bam, full science.  :D
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely
Pages: 1 ... 547 548 [549] 550 551 ... 848