Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 505 506 [507] 508 509 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1490412 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #7590 on: December 15, 2013, 05:18:47 pm »

Oh, I am. I just haven't used antimatter reactors yet :P
Yeah...

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #7591 on: December 15, 2013, 05:22:36 pm »

So I'm curious: Is there a mod that makes more of the cockpits useable from the interior view? In particular the Mk2 and Mk3 airplane cockpits are annoying because they look like they have windows, but you go inside and it's just a tin can.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7592 on: December 15, 2013, 05:27:29 pm »

So I'm curious: Is there a mod that makes more of the cockpits useable from the interior view? In particular the Mk2 and Mk3 airplane cockpits are annoying because they look like they have windows, but you go inside and it's just a tin can.

The windows are just painted on, you know, for the photo-ops!

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7593 on: December 15, 2013, 05:34:15 pm »

One of the problems on my latest physics homework sheet asked me to figure out the perikerbol velocity of a Kerbin-Duna Hohmann orbit. Literally.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7594 on: December 15, 2013, 05:40:41 pm »

It makes sense, doesn't it? Information on stuff like that is as easily accessible as real-world data thanks to the sheer volume of KSP players, and there's a good chance the people doing the homework are a bit more familiar with it.
Nothing important here, move along.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7595 on: December 15, 2013, 05:53:38 pm »

What area are you in? I want to move there.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7596 on: December 15, 2013, 06:02:21 pm »

The problem was actually asking to deduce the formula for that velocity, as in v1 = sqrt(2*G*M/(rK*(1+rK/rD))), without requiring any explicit numbers. It didn't actually require googling KSP or even knowing about it. At least Jeb was mentioned.

What area are you in? I want to move there.
Karlsruhe, Germany. Brush up on your German. :P

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #7597 on: December 16, 2013, 07:36:13 am »

I hope you mentionned the need for more boosters and struts in your answer... :P
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7598 on: December 16, 2013, 01:46:52 pm »

Yes, there are and they look quite good.
http://kerbalspaceport.com/mk2cockpitinternals/

http://kerbalspaceport.com/mk3-cockpit-internals/

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #7599 on: December 16, 2013, 01:53:51 pm »

I highly recommend this mod.

Works perfectly and matches the art style quite well.

Edit: dang it.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #7600 on: December 16, 2013, 02:30:43 pm »

The thing about FAR is that it's nearly impossible to reach terminal velocity in the atmosphere with it.

depends on your definition of terminal velocity, I guess
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7601 on: December 16, 2013, 02:33:18 pm »

Terminal velocity is the speed where drag is an equal force to gravity, IIRC.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7602 on: December 16, 2013, 02:41:20 pm »

Isn't terminal velocity the speed where you literally cannot go any faster because of drag?

Either way, I managed to make my first plane ever that takes off, wooo!
The first test had me going off the side of the runway and scraping my right wings off, and then flying around for 30 seconds while desperately trying to control it.
The second "test" has me going to the north pole. I'm about to land. Wish me luck!

(Also it flies like a cornered rat: if you don't keep a firm grip on it it spins uncontrollably and it's very hard to regain control)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7603 on: December 16, 2013, 02:43:56 pm »

Yeah. Well, it's usually drag. I think it can be pretty much any time where your acceleration forward cannot overcome the acceleration backward, leading to an acceleration of 0 and an unchanging velocity. :3

So falling, it's drag against gravity. In planes, it's the engine against drag. And in rockets, same thing, engine against drag.

It's usually drag.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7604 on: December 16, 2013, 02:54:18 pm »

I HAVE SUCCESFULLY LANDED ON THE NORTH POLE.
WOOOOO

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 505 506 [507] 508 509 ... 848