Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 503 504 [505] 506 507 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1490362 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #7560 on: December 12, 2013, 03:26:36 pm »

Its more like that B9 is attempting to introduce spaceplane parts that cant be used in rockets, while the stock aircraft parts work better for rockets. Heck, the stock landing gear is basically just leftover rover wheels.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #7561 on: December 14, 2013, 09:26:43 am »

0.23 stuff!

SCIENCE! lab!

Sabre engine!
Science log!
Tweakables!
Minmus biomes!
Less memory usage/lag!

Yaaaaaaaaay!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 09:29:54 am by Twi »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7562 on: December 14, 2013, 09:48:26 am »

I've been watching kerbalkon off and on at twitch. C7 made some crazy stuff with tweaks. Fuel balancing will be a bigger deal than ever before. Good thing there's already a mod.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7563 on: December 14, 2013, 10:08:51 am »

I think I am most excited about the RAPIER engine.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7564 on: December 14, 2013, 11:41:16 am »

As a person who loves solid rockets, I am most excited about the fact that SRBs become even more useful with the ability to elongiate their burn time.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7565 on: December 14, 2013, 11:43:52 am »

As a person who loves solid rockets, I am most excited about the fact that SRBs become even more useful with the ability to elongiate their burn time.
You can do that?
So much energy is wasted fighting air resistance when you strap a giant stage of SRBs to a small craft.   
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7566 on: December 14, 2013, 11:46:37 am »

You can do that?
So much energy is wasted fighting air resistance when you strap a giant stage of SRBs to a small craft.
You can easily get around this by staging them intelligently though. It will be nice to tweak the burn times and TWR but just have only a few burn at once and you won't waste so much power.

I did an all-srb launch platform before which never exceeded terminal velocity.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #7567 on: December 14, 2013, 04:07:11 pm »

/rant
in their quest to appeal casual player (which will probably never happen, I don't see people casually learning orbital mechanics) they are going toward a dumber and dumber game.

I hate having to rely on mods. Mostly because every mod developer has to add a thousand of part to add just one feature, meaning to have a basig interesting game you have to clutter the menu with dozen useless parts that only works in combination with others.
/rant

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7568 on: December 14, 2013, 04:08:25 pm »

Reasoning?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7569 on: December 14, 2013, 04:13:01 pm »

How is the game becoming more casual? O_o

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7570 on: December 14, 2013, 04:15:01 pm »

Probably talking about the automatic swapover for the dual fuel source engine.
Highly Opinionated Fool

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #7571 on: December 14, 2013, 04:17:08 pm »

Reasoning?

to sum up:

science tree progression as a tutorial for new players
axing of feature too complex like resources (probably will sneak back later in a rewamped form but forget about this http://i.imgur.com/lGlWdyn.png)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7572 on: December 14, 2013, 04:18:39 pm »

Whats wrong with progression?

ANd they are getting rid of resources?!?!?!
Highly Opinionated Fool

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7573 on: December 14, 2013, 04:19:23 pm »

When did they say they are getting rid of resources? Do you have a source?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7574 on: December 14, 2013, 04:21:04 pm »

Was that flow chart even a thing acknowledged by the devs?

Further, what evidence is there that it's been axed?
And why is having a science tree a BAD thing?  Weren't we gunning for career mode?

MORE IMPORTANTLY why is this a bad thing even if it is a tutorial?  Do you... just not want more people playing?  The only reason to actively deny the inclusion of a tutorial is to actively bar new players from entering.
Pages: 1 ... 503 504 [505] 506 507 ... 848