Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 495 496 [497] 498 499 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1490164 times)

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #7440 on: November 23, 2013, 05:18:56 pm »

Actually, I think I saw on the dev page a post about him fixing a bug that sounds suspiciously like that...

http://kerbaldevteam.tumblr.com/post/67097045812/devnote-tuesdays-bonus-editon

That might be it.  Was there a docking port there?
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #7441 on: November 23, 2013, 05:54:33 pm »

I'm pretty sure it's the "Rocket is not rigid, distribution of force is not instant" bug/feature.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7442 on: November 23, 2013, 08:32:45 pm »

So! I've been spending entirely too much time playing this game lately, and decided that - since I'm restarting career mode with mods - I'd check to see if there was any interest into me making a sort of forum game out of it. More specifically:
-Everyone playing gets one Astronaut renamed however they like.
-Every player also gets one Kerbal scientist, who gets to propose missions and where to take research next. (The more kerbal-like the mission and research descriptions the better, of course. :P)
-Astronauts can pick which missions they want to go on (first come first serve, though a 3-man command module can always be used) from the list of those proposed... But can't vote to go on one from the same player's scientist.
-I'll do a couple missions a day and post the results. I take no responsibility for Jeb's actions.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #7443 on: November 23, 2013, 08:36:34 pm »

So! I've been spending entirely too much time playing this game lately, and decided that - since I'm restarting career mode with mods - I'd check to see if there was any interest into me making a sort of forum game out of it. More specifically:
-Everyone playing gets one Astronaut renamed however they like.
-Every player also gets one Kerbal scientist, who gets to propose missions and where to take research next. (The more kerbal-like the mission and research descriptions the better, of course. :P)
-Astronauts can pick which missions they want to go on (first come first serve, though a 3-man command module can always be used) from the list of those proposed... But can't vote to go on one from the same player's scientist.
-I'll do a couple missions a day and post the results. I take no responsibility for Jeb's actions.
My scientist votes you plant a flag on the sun :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

BigFatStupidHead

• Bay Watcher
  • obscure to the point of being cryptic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7444 on: November 23, 2013, 09:55:37 pm »

So I'm just flying my rocket into orbit like a boss.
When, suddenly, MY BOTTOM STAGE PHASES TROUGH HALF OF MY ROCKET AND EXPLODES MIDWAY, BLOWING UP EVERYTHING AND RESULTING IN THIS.
WHAT THE FUCK, KSP?
So, if you're tired of your rockets flying like a wet noodle, and would much rather them to fly like one of the uncooked variety, try Kerbal Joint Reinforcement. I haven't had to do vertical strutting since I installed it.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7445 on: November 24, 2013, 04:52:21 am »

No docking port. The orange tank was connected directly to the rockomax adapter you see on the picture.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7446 on: November 24, 2013, 09:27:11 am »

Turn on no clip and strut right through the lip of connected parts.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #7447 on: November 24, 2013, 03:42:26 pm »

There's a new challenge on the subreddit.

I'm thinking of going for Manley mode by landing on the innermost planet, then on the outermost planet. Probably going to need ions for that...
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7448 on: November 24, 2013, 03:46:16 pm »

There's a new challenge on the subreddit.

I'm thinking of going for Manley mode by landing on the innermost planet, then on the outermost planet. Probably going to need ions for that...
Inb4 Scott does every planet in a SSTO.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #7449 on: November 24, 2013, 05:57:09 pm »

There's a guy who did ALL THE PLANETS. In one launch.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #7450 on: November 24, 2013, 07:47:51 pm »

There's a guy who did ALL THE PLANETS. In one launch.

remember that. some of it was very clever, like bringing only a small vehicle around instead of the full ship to every planet - he moved just the lander around each system

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7451 on: November 25, 2013, 04:41:40 am »

How to get rid of Jebediah, forever.

On my his trip to Jool, I did some nifty pathing to visit all its moons. However, if you timewarp up and down, your trajectory can change, minutely. So in my impatience I went out of timewarp, to find I wasn't nicely gravitybreaking off of vall, I was headed straight for its center at about 3000 m/s. I managed to deflect my trajectory, missing Vall by hundreds of meters, with 157dV to spare. The new trajectory would crash me into Jool, and I spent the last of that to get my periapsis just in the safe zone. 5 dV left (aka 5 drops of fuel).

At the second orbit I cleanly crashed straight into Laythe, at a speed of about 3500 m/s. Dumped the rocket, parachute worked, and Jeb is now floating in Laythe's ocean. Getting him back (getting a lander to Laythe, land on the ocean at a specific spot, then return to Kerbin) is going to be quite the challenge...

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7452 on: November 25, 2013, 05:45:37 am »

He could just commit suicide and reincarnate back at KSC like a cosmic horror.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7453 on: November 25, 2013, 06:17:52 am »

You can suicide Kerbals? I haven't tried, but I think the gravity on Laythe is too big to get him to kill himself with his jetpack... Also, if doing it the easy way was my thing, I wouldn't be playing DF and KSP :P

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7454 on: November 25, 2013, 03:38:53 pm »

its called flight termination.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 495 496 [497] 498 499 ... 848