Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 480 481 [482] 483 484 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1489674 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #7215 on: November 13, 2013, 11:54:58 am »

Apparently, if you have a kerbal EVA and hold onto the ladder of the hatch when it crashes, survival rate goes WAY up.  Try combining airhogging lithobrake with ladder survival jumps.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #7216 on: November 13, 2013, 12:04:45 pm »

Greiger, you should totally try landing over water.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7217 on: November 13, 2013, 01:54:12 pm »

Trying to play interplanetary career with deathly consequences.  No easy reverts.  But I do revert because goddam Jeb keeps wiggling his way into EVERY capsule.
Get the three Immortals into capsules and walk them off the launchpad and leave them there. That way, they'll be active, and won't be the default choice. Just make sure you don't crash your spent fuel tanks onto them. :P
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7218 on: November 13, 2013, 02:29:54 pm »

I sent a manned mission to Ike. It is currently in low orbit, ready to go home.

Wish me luck in getting a refuel pod over there. That Leander's carrying like 800 sciences.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7219 on: November 13, 2013, 02:54:35 pm »

Restarting career mode with mods, I land on the Mun in my second voyage.

But then...
Spoiler: Possible spoiler? (click to show/hide)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7220 on: November 13, 2013, 03:10:00 pm »

Lucky sod. You found it without looking?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #7221 on: November 13, 2013, 03:31:57 pm »

Trying to play interplanetary career with deathly consequences.  No easy reverts.  But I do revert because goddam Jeb keeps wiggling his way into EVERY capsule.
Get the three Immortals into capsules and walk them off the launchpad and leave them there. That way, they'll be active, and won't be the default choice. Just make sure you don't crash your spent fuel tanks onto them. :P

Or go into your save file and delete the three immortals. I believe that takes care of them.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7222 on: November 13, 2013, 03:35:30 pm »

I'm working under the assumption that Jeb is just an asshole for getting in the pod.
"Alder Kerbin you are clear for launch."
"Th-Thank you command."
"Are you alright Alder, you sound... funny."
"Y-Yes everything is fine thank you command."
"...Jeb is that you?"
"THIS IS MY ROCKET!"
"Jeb you've been on 17 consecutive missions, you actually need medical care!"

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7223 on: November 13, 2013, 03:39:15 pm »

You can load everything from the VAB.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7224 on: November 13, 2013, 03:44:26 pm »

Lucky sod. You found it without looking?
Yep. I spotted a weird shadow while doing my descent but was so low on fuel that I couldn't get closer. The fact that it's on (or near) the equator probably helps with finding it, though.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7225 on: November 13, 2013, 03:49:08 pm »

Only easter egg I know is
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
;_;
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7226 on: November 13, 2013, 04:33:06 pm »

Everyone that's arguing over the details of medieval siege weaponry in this thread is missing the point and promptly needs to be scheduled for the next available rocket flight out of atmosphere.
Yes it fainly worked!!! Now put me on the next flight with jeb :D
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7227 on: November 13, 2013, 04:40:07 pm »

Spoiler: jool shenanigans (click to show/hide)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7228 on: November 13, 2013, 04:53:39 pm »

Greiger, you should totally try landing over water.
Just did.  If the intakes have any weight above them they just immediately crash into the water and are destroyed presumably crushed by the weight.  It seems even A lone single kerbal command pod is too much weight.

However when placed along the side of something they will happily break off and bounce to their hearts content. But landing on water actually seemed less survivable, as the lithobraking rig that showed promise on the ground showed no signs of slowing at all when it hit water.

P.S. I wish I got science for preforming this science.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 04:57:29 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7229 on: November 13, 2013, 05:00:44 pm »

As any accomplished space-person will remind you, water is the most dangerous force in the system, and it's fortunately not found on many other planets.
Pages: 1 ... 480 481 [482] 483 484 ... 848