Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1489340 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Unless you are actually a capable (read: paranoid) designer and have added powerful air brakes for just such an occasion. Kill throttle, deploy air brakes, and pray you have enough altitude to pull up.

That, or control surfaces with enough deflection to retain some control even in a flat spin.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile

My friend is trying to get a KMP server up and running, to no avail so far. I'm getting a "trying to connect to [IP address]" then "disconnected", nothing else. He's reinstalling the server now. :/

EDIT: we reversed the roles, it doesn't work either.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 10:40:22 am by kaian-a-coel »
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My friend is trying to get a KMP server up and running, to no avail so far. I'm getting a "trying to connect to [IP address]" then "disconnected", nothing else. He's reinstalling the server now. :/

firewalls

ports and forwarding thereof

internet connection too slow

all of these can be a factor in your failure to multispace

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

If you've never hosted a server before, it's probably just a question of forwarding ports from your router. Make sure you forward 2076, or a new port you agree on.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just step back for a moment and think about this:
They modded multiplayer into a singleplayer game...

Is this the greatest mod of history? my memory?

EDIT: Fixed
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 03:41:52 pm by ank »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That sort of thing is done all the time. Like the MMO mod for Fallout 2.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

I'm pretty sure that's an entirely standalone game with an engine built from the ground up that happens to play exactly like Fallout 2, which is... also pretty damn impressive.

There's a multiplayer mod for Oblivion, though, which is, in fact, really, really impressive. However, it stopped being supported a while back.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And the time they made gta (3 or san andreas) multiplayer

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Or the multiplayer mod for San Andreas... (edit: ninja'd)

Really, any game where it's possible to write external plugins for game mechanics is susceptible to this.
I'm somewhat more impressed at shader injection that was done with the "Tatnium" project for Oblivion, enabling it to function on GeForce 4 Ti videocards. Which is how I initially played the damn thing.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Didn't Just Cause 2 get a multiplayer mod too?

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It was too bugged to live when I checked.

Btw, the amazing part is that you can actually collide and eventually dock, which require exceptional inesse in position calculation

We aren't even talking about cars, but things doing 3km/s

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile

Indeed, and if I remember right the entire thing devolved into chaos, mayhem, and spawn camping.

So obviously the game is about twenty times better now.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

Looking for a bit of advice. I'm using protractor to help get to other planets and it's working fine, but I'm having trouble tweaking my approach once in transit. Before leaving Kerbin's SOI I place a maneuver node at the descending and I lower the periapsis as desired. Once leaving Kerbin's SOI the node doesn't appear to be on the path any more and performing the maneuver doesn't do what it should. If I wait and place the maneuver node after leaving Kerbin's SOI no altered periapsis information comes up. Am I making some obvious mistake?
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #6824 on: November 01, 2013, 01:55:23 am »

If you transit soi at high warp you will get a big error on your flight path
Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 848