Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 411 412 [413] 414 415 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1489395 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Why do mods update for .22 and not include tech levels in the parts?  They cannot actually be unlocked in career mode...

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

Just let mechjeb play the whole game for you. Saves so much time and trouble.
Because losing a probe you invested tons of time in due to a mechanic that's not realistic is fun!

Because bringing a rocket you've brought into orbit 5000 times before is super fun!
*cough*quicksave*cough*
Thanks! :)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile

Alright, question time again, kiddos!

This spaceplane is pissing me off. It can go at frigging hypersonic speeds but I can't complete orbit because the rocket engine uses up too much oxidizer. I tried others and they do the same thing. Fuel isn't a problem.

Is there any way to fix this besides making more fuel tanks?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Use jet engine fuselages for jet engines; they don't have oxidizer because they don't need oxidizer, while rockets require both.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Why do mods update for .22 and not include tech levels in the parts?  They cannot actually be unlocked in career mode...
Possibly so that you can use it in Sandbox without screwing literally everything up and they haven't had time to go through all the files and techify them.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile

Use jet engine fuselages for jet engines; they don't have oxidizer because they don't need oxidizer, while rockets require both.
...Oh.

>.<

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here's mechjeb. http://jenkins.mumech.com/job/MechJeb2/

I got it and even modified the part to be researched in basic rocketry, but it still doesn't show up.

Theo whole "MechJeb2_AR202" goes in the parts folder and the MechJeb2.dll goes in the plugins folder right?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

No. All mods are installed into the GameData folder now. The folder and the DLL go into the same folder. At least that's how all other mods I installed work.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No. All mods are installed into the GameData folder now. The folder and the DLL go into the same folder. At least that's how all other mods I installed work.

So "\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\MechJeb2\Parts"?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Let's put a space station hub around Jool for moon trips.

Let's forget comms on said hub entirely.

The station orbital speed is 6660.6 m/s and it's pointing at Jool. I think I recreated the conditions for Event Horizon. Tom Kermin is freaking out. I await the day I link up a power hub and Tom gouges out his own eyes.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

So I have a kerbalnaut currently on an escape velocity from Minmus and am not quite sure how to get him home.  I have a metric buttload of fuel on board but I only have 1.82 electric charge left (out of 1150, very wasteful of me) so I don't have the luxury of experimenting around with a lot of different thrust vectors.  What's the best way to get on a collision course with the atmosphere?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

You can manually deploy parachutes?  That's insane.  Can you deploy them outside the atmosphere?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 06:02:51 pm by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

Glad to say he made it home safe but that was my personal Apollo 13.  Although we landed on the moon (and left an engine there!) so I guess I'm better then NASA at this.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Play with maneuver nodes, you've got time.  The -basic- idea is to put your maneuver node on the dark side of Minmus, and to tweak the thrust until you get an escape that sends you under 65km peri to Kerbin.  Kerbin atmosphere is 70km edge, so aim below that.  If you can get a direct collision with no peri, then just deploy chutes and wait.
Pages: 1 ... 411 412 [413] 414 415 ... 848