Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1487362 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #3060 on: December 13, 2012, 11:52:14 am »

Out of fuel? Or air?

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #3061 on: December 13, 2012, 11:54:00 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

See if you can spot the problem!
I don't see Jeb riding it like a boss, laughing maniacally as he flies it into the control tower...
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: December 13, 2012, 11:54:52 am »

I'll go with not enough scoops.

Pyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: December 13, 2012, 12:02:13 pm »

Neither actually(well, not directly). It likes to pitch unless ASAS is on, and you need to turn ASAS off in order to pitch down and level out for speed building. it decided to pitch down 180 degrees, causing a flame-out, leading to a spin, leading to an engine nacelle breaking off, leading to the closest equivalent of a tantrum spiral I have ever seen outside of DF. Was much fun, and Bill was pulling 4 Gs from the spin.
I agree, most of us can't make singing rockets either. Unless you count them screaming through the atmosphere towards a fiery doom as singing.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: December 13, 2012, 12:13:35 pm »

What's the mass/lift distribution?
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Pyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: December 13, 2012, 12:38:44 pm »

Com is about a third of a tank length ahead and a wing thickness above the CoL. Having the 2 engines out on the front wings was the least bad option, as anywhere else would have put their thrust off center. I was actually rather impressed with how it did, it was (barely) controllable until I was up to about 20km. I was expecting it to flip end over end the moment it left the runway.
I agree, most of us can't make singing rockets either. Unless you count them screaming through the atmosphere towards a fiery doom as singing.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: December 13, 2012, 01:22:13 pm »

I suppose it's design share time for me again.

Spoiler: I give you this. (click to show/hide)

And now for a question, how do I take this and stick it to my moonbase rocket? Rebuild from scratch?

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: December 13, 2012, 02:03:17 pm »

And now for a question, how do I take this and stick it to my moonbase rocket? Rebuild from scratch?
Find the .craft file of your probe (...\Kerbal Space Program\saves\{savegame name}\Ships\SPH) and copy it from the SPH folder to the VAB folder. That should probably work.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: December 13, 2012, 02:12:12 pm »

The avionics package is like an ASAS for airplanes.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: December 13, 2012, 04:32:42 pm »

im going to try a stock solar rocket.
if i can get KSP not to crash all the time.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3071 on: December 13, 2012, 09:26:36 pm »

230 tons of rocket required to put a 15.8 ton station hub into orbit.

But its there! Huzzah!

Next step... a nuclear reactor module.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 07:30:28 am by forsaken1111 »

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: December 13, 2012, 10:19:32 pm »

as it turns out a turbojet drag car is not safe but i have found out that you can rocket jump a kerbal a good 8.5km with one.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: December 14, 2012, 12:03:31 am »

At long last I have managed to get my two drones and their planetary transfer vehicle into orbit!
So many failures and redesigns with the launch vehicle. Mostly my fault because I was too stubborn to accept the drones having opposing orientations. I should have relized that it's almost impossible to keep a rocket going straight when there are two sets of wings that are trying to push it over. I guess I'll just have to accept one of the drones having inverted controls.
It didn't help that my laptop could only handle the thing at 2 fps.

But it's in orbit now! Yay! Now for the relatively easy challenge of interplanetary travel.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: December 14, 2012, 12:29:26 am »

Is this a enough scoops?

Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 848