Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1487824 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

well, I finally gave up on the gargantua launcher, and moved to a smaller but more efficent design, called niohoggr ( or, rather, nidhogg. the first spelling would require a couple of fancy letters I don't have).
which allowed me to bring back the first 2 kerbonauts from the mun! ( for those who don't know, I had 10+ kerbonauts stranded from previous attempts to rescue the first crew/deliver a car ( I so far failed all my attempts to build a car with standard parts.)

still, success!

and now I might start crew swap missions, to resupply my improvised colony with food and fresh kerbonauts :D

now, to other planets!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

you get fancy letters from alt and the numpad.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Techhead

• Bay Watcher
  • Former Minister of Technological Heads
    • View Profile

I'll do you one better. For Níðhöggr you need the following:
í Alt-0237
ð Alt-0240
ö Alt-0246
If you aren't going to use alt codes, you should at least convert 'ð' into a 'd' instead of an 'o'. It's not any kind of o, it's a curvy d with a cross-stroke.
Engineering Dwarves' unfortunate demises since '08
WHAT?  WE DEMAND OUR FREE THINGS NOW DESPITE THE HARDSHIPS IT MAY CAUSE IN YOUR LIFE
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

in my defense, in wikipedia it looked like an o. I guess I should take a closer look next time.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you aren't going to use alt codes, you should at least convert 'ð' into a 'd' instead of an 'o'. It's not any kind of o, it's a curvy d with a cross-stroke.

I'd tend to convert it phonetically, to a 'th'.  It's what gave us 'th'e, 'th'at, 'th'is and so forth, after all.  :)  Unless I'm mixing my letters again.

Seems a case of "suddenly,land"

It was - I didn't realise how close I was to ground (and how fast I was going, both horizontally and, uh, negative-vertically, until it was too late - my small engine didn't have enough oomph to take the edge off.  :(
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

im on a laptop so no numpad for me! but otherwise i wood have given a example.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yea, usually I plow my camera down if I'm on the dark side of the moon. Descend slowly, keep the camera below the craft, and when the camera hits the terrain, you know your ship is going to soon.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would recommend getting mechjeb just for surface info. It tells you your horizontal and vertical speeds.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games

FINALLY landed on Mun! My lander legs were just a little too short so the thruster asploded and the lil Kerbal is stranded. So far all of my attempts to rescue him have resulted in 10+ failure to orbit with 5 of those resulting in me sending letters via limousine to widows. I think this calls for moar rockets!
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

im on a laptop so no numpad for me! but otherwise i wood have given a example.

Laptops don't come with Numpads? Mine does?
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

its a good laptop then. they all come with the squirlly numpad-in-the-keyboard thing, but thats just a pain.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yea, most laptops don't have numpads. Sucks, but what can you do.

Still, I'd imagine a laptop that could run KSP decently would, but eh.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It mostly depends on the size of the monitor. the 14 inch version of my laptop(i have 15,5 inch) does not have a numpad, but mine does, indentical components otherwise.

On the subject of norse letters:
Technically "þ" is pronounced like TH,
and ð is like a soft D(which you don't have in english).
But all that said, I don't think an english speaker could hear the diffrence between ð and þ.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Yea, most laptops don't have numpads. Sucks, but what can you do.

Still, I'd imagine a laptop that could run KSP decently would, but eh.
http://www.amazon.com/MillionAccessories-Numeric-Keyboard-Notebook-Computer/dp/B007DVM39A/

Thats what I did when I was using a laptop with no numpad.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can just see someone trying to fiddle with that while laying on their bed :P
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 848