Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1487955 times)

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #2235 on: September 29, 2012, 06:20:45 pm »

I now have 2 stranded kerbanauts in orbit around Kerbin. Both are in similar models of ship with slight differences. So far, with that model of ship I have exploded 5 ships on the launchpad, 1 ship midflight due to instability, and somehow didn't make orbit with another 10 of them :P So 2 alive, most dead or stranded in the ocean.

I have also been experimenting with the spaceplanes. They are so fun ^_^ I don't want to try any mods yet, just trying to get the hang of the new stuff in the game (just bought it yay!) and have finally landed a single plane out of about 30-40 models. I don't go exploring yet, just trying to get the hang of flyin around >.>
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #2236 on: September 29, 2012, 06:44:23 pm »

whish you can retreave the shit.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: September 29, 2012, 07:02:40 pm »

why?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2238 on: September 29, 2012, 07:46:32 pm »

whish you can retreave the shit.
What?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: September 29, 2012, 08:02:42 pm »

all the space junk.
Highly Opinionated Fool

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2240 on: September 29, 2012, 08:12:09 pm »

all the space junk.
You can retrieve space junk... you can use landing legs to make 'grippers' and then deorbit the junk so it hits the planet. Or use the robotics mod to make real grab-claws.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: September 29, 2012, 08:31:18 pm »

ah... thanks... and now to buy the game!
Highly Opinionated Fool

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: September 29, 2012, 09:22:19 pm »

all the space junk.

Space junk is a problem as intended. It's a very real problem in reality.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2243 on: September 29, 2012, 09:38:01 pm »

all the space junk.

Space junk is a problem as intended. It's a very real problem in reality.
Fortunately its fairly easy to deorbit debris in ksp.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: September 29, 2012, 09:40:00 pm »

Plus the game doesn't track the miscellaneous debris such as loose screws, bits of insulation, or human waste that ends up a hazard in orbit. Every bit of orbital debris in KSP is a large, trackable object that you can deal with, if you wish.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: September 29, 2012, 10:01:42 pm »

Or don't deal with to provide a lil bit of a bit of an extra hazard during orbits. :D
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: September 29, 2012, 10:24:57 pm »

maybe the "sepratron I" mini rockets could be used somehow to deorbit stages back down to kerbin after seperation...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2247 on: September 29, 2012, 10:31:58 pm »

maybe the "sepratron I" mini rockets could be used somehow to deorbit stages back down to kerbin after seperation...
Probably. I usually mount a solid booster backwards to do it.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: September 30, 2012, 12:13:45 am »

Yes, sepratrons can quite easily do that; they even activate if you put them in the same stage as a decoupler, so stuff pops off and flies away quite nicely.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #2249 on: September 30, 2012, 01:58:56 am »

I found out that the small hardpoint is just enough to provide space for eight 2m tanks around a central 2m tank. This has been a key part of the Duna Exploration Vessel and Orbiter, and the later Eve Arrival Spacecraft / Utility Craft: Kerbal System.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 848