Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1488189 times)

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #1980 on: September 19, 2012, 11:46:03 pm »

Game won't even launch the autopatcher for me :(

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #1981 on: September 19, 2012, 11:48:36 pm »

I had to actually download the patcher from the KSP store. My copy of .16 didn't come with a patcher. Not sure if that's true for everyone or just some.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: September 19, 2012, 11:51:30 pm »

yea, after 5 minutes i got to the front page of KSP!
Now i just need to go like 5 pages deeper.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: September 19, 2012, 11:53:27 pm »

I'm just trying to buy it D:

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: September 19, 2012, 11:53:38 pm »

yea, after 5 minutes i got to the front page of KSP!
Now i just need to go like 5 pages deeper.
I know, logging into the site was even more of a pain  ::)
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: September 20, 2012, 12:10:18 am »

Plz screenshot I'm without for ten hours  ::)

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: September 20, 2012, 12:40:39 am »

Spoiler: not mine (click to show/hide)
Those black tanks aren't the right colour, but apart from that, damn that's one sexy rocket.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: September 20, 2012, 01:07:18 am »

anyways,
Spoiler: mach2 (click to show/hide)
top speed as of posting is 750m/s
Edit: reached 800m/s before it ran out of fuel a bit later.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 01:12:33 am by Roboboy33 »

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: September 20, 2012, 01:21:29 am »

There were a few mishaps but congratulations to Rodfry Kerman. My first Kerbonaut to land on another planet. Also notably, the first Kerbonaut to permanently settle Duna... at least for the time being. It ended up being a one way trip. For one, I didn't plan enough fuel to get back anyway, but what I did have was cut short due to an engine falling off my transit stage and having to use the lander and return engines for the last bit of the Duna rendezvous. 450+ days in that capsule trying to meet up with Duna, I'm sure he's glad to stretch his legs.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I got very lucky in the initial orbit situation. If I'd been really good I'd have been able to do it in 60 days. There was almost no excuse for me to not have it done in 180, but it ended up being 450. I also intended to have a ladder that stretched all the way to the ground, but that was another casualty of the engine falling off. Luckily, Duna's gravity is JUST light enough that with a jump to launch him up, he can jetpack up to the top if need be and certainly up to the ladder.

As it is, I have about a tank and a half total of fuel left. That MIGHT be enough to get me into orbit, but certainly not enough to get me back home... Oh well. Maybe I"ll plan a rescue mission some day.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: September 20, 2012, 01:25:09 am »

Oooo, the new version is out? I'll have to try downloading it next week, when we have a computer that can actually run it :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: September 20, 2012, 01:51:11 am »

I cannot fathom why the heck they host the forums on the same server as the downloads (seemingly), and why they haven't moved downloads to something like the amazon cloud.

edit: finally got through to the store to get the patcher, took about half an hour. Now its downloading nicely at 200kbs, which isn't bad at all. So i dunno.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 02:03:42 am by sneakey pete »
Magma is overrated.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1991 on: September 20, 2012, 02:09:55 am »

So, I just came out of 100000x time compression and snap, my craft broke apart.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In case you cant see it, theres my command pod, parachute, and radial decoupler.
The time compression still has some bugs it seems.

Space Cuthulhu. He ate the Space Kracken, and now he's the boss.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: September 20, 2012, 02:35:10 am »

I cannot fathom why the heck they host the forums on the same server as the downloads (seemingly), and why they haven't moved downloads to something like the amazon cloud.

or greeenlight  ::)

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: September 20, 2012, 02:57:25 am »

From my experience of of third parties using steam (paradox), if it was on greenlight we'd get the update Monday, not today, at earliest :p

oh, and the patcher stopped the download early and just spend an hour or so trying to install. trying to start it again, looks like that will take a few goes also.
Magma is overrated.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: September 20, 2012, 03:13:18 am »

From my experience of of third parties using steam (paradox), if it was on greenlight we'd get the update Monday, not today, at earliest :p

oh, and the patcher stopped the download early and just spend an hour or so trying to install. trying to start it again, looks like that will take a few goes also.

I still can't download the update. I tried with the patcher so much times yesterday only to find that the bugger, at 89mb, contains only the program and requires another 150mb download.

Now I've to get the full one, but the site is still wonky.
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 848