Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1485020 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

Yeah, your Kerbonauts have randomized names now.  Jebidiah has retired to mission control, and now you've got a whole crop of faceless astronauts with incredibly hillbilly names to throw skyward.

They still basically react like Bill, Jeb, and Bob did.  The personalities are tied to the portrait slot.  I'm sure that's going to change.  But I know Jebidiah will always loom large in KSP's legend.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

it has lot of fuel, but because of bad assembly, it get some right yawing attitude
(and whatever james say, it landed safely)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Now, who'll be the first one to land on the moon and come back with a plane? I'd suggest using a massive plane, carrying a rocket (for interplanetary stuff), itself carryin a smaller plane/glider (for landing).

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

you should better define plane, because I see at least a dozen way to cheat at this  :P

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Well, it should use athmospheric engines while in the athmospher, look like a plane and take off and land from the runway.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Huh. Either real-world physics confuse me, or KSP doesnt model some things right. I run out of fuel at 900m and slow down to ~30m/s. About a half hour later I'm gliding at 1200m up and 35m/s. How is that possible? I can glide indefinitely.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Huh. Either real-world physics confuse me, or KSP doesnt model some things right. I run out of fuel at 900m and slow down to ~30m/s. About a half hour later I'm gliding at 1200m up and 35m/s. How is that possible? I can glide indefinitely.
Sorcery.
Also what kind of vessel is this?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This one:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Without the boosters on the wings, since they come off when they run out of fuel.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

I wont buy this game if i cant have the good ol' Jeb D:

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

You can, he's just not there all the time.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Not entirely sure, but if it's altitude above the ground, maybe you were 900 m over a 600 m hill, and now you're 1200 m over the ocean. That, or it's the wing flapping and powering you for free.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

If I'm not mistaken, altitude is actually measured from ocean-top level.  I know I crashed into the ground at an "altitude" of 64m, but that might just be meter ignoring the Space Center object.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yea, altitude is from sea level, not the current land elevation.

It could be flapping the wings. I wasnt there actively trying to flap them a ton, but I had to be constantly adjusting my plane to stay straight. That mighta done it.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

There was that bug where winglets used by a SAS would propel the craft, because the SAS would continuously flap them to direct the craft. And since the SAS don't use power, you get free propulsion. Try to see how high you can climb in this fashion.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

I think it has been decided that cones or spheres are better than winged objects for space craft. or so NASA thinks. i think.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 848