Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 758 759 [760] 761 762 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1489739 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

* Doing science at the flagPOLe, the north POLe, or the south POLe, will no longer mark Pol as visited with the progress tracker.
hehehehe

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

http://www.dropbox.com/s/2jyyrqyxqfb9yn0/tour.jpg
If I have to do these in order....I hate you.
"Suborbital flight on the Sun", yeah... something tells me your pilots aren't getting paid enough to put up with this .
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Well maybe with enough heat shields....
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh yeah, you're right.  The "Explore this.." contracts don't seem to work in the same way anymore.

I can confirm that Level 1 scientists are currently not providing a bonus.  Just brought Bob and 5 tourists on a trip around Kerbin / Mun / Minmus, each one needed flyby, suborbital, and orbit.  That was a pretty fancy tour without a skilled pilot.

Of note is that orbits do not need to be a complete orbit, you just need to be in SOI at orbital altitude with a valid orbital trajectory.  Same with Suborbital, all you need to do is sit at Apoapsis and lower your PA below the surface until it registers the trajectory, and then raise it back up.

And THANK HEAVENS I pulled off that contract before they turned on parachute burning.  Haha!  It's cheap, but I'll take it.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

> Made physics-less part mass effect KB mass value.

> mass effect

What.

<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

> Made physics-less part mass effect KB mass value.

> mass effect

What.

The mass now effects (which is a positive-change variation of "affects") the KB mass value.

A better question would be "What is the "KB" in "KB mass value"?".
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile

...Okay, so apparently there's also a 1.0.2 patch which fixes a couple of additional bugs, but I can't even get 1.0.1 because the patcher just says some stuff about "file not found" and then does nothing. Is the update not for the non-steam version yet or something?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You're not using the steam version? Steam patches automagically!
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile

You're not using the steam version? Steam patches automagically!
I've been playing the game since before I actually understood what Steam was.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well I went back to that Tier 0 ship I was working on and managed to get it up to over 31km, but that appears to be the limit unless I figure out a better way to get rid of spent stages. As it is now, I have two SRBs attached to the side of each stage to burn it off, which naturally takes up a lot of precious mass.

Also, the new thermal warning thing is kind of obnoxious and I can't find a way to turn it off. They didn't include an option in the 1.0.2 patch by any chance, did they?

Edit: Nevermind, it's F10 to toggle.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 03:50:59 pm by nogoodnames »
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile

...Okay, so apparently there's also a 1.0.2 patch which fixes a couple of additional bugs, but I can't even get 1.0.1 because the patcher just says some stuff about "file not found" and then does nothing. Is the update not for the non-steam version yet or something?
It appears that 1.0.1 is on their website, so you could probably download it there. 'course that's not 1.0.2.

As for the patcher itself, I don't recall that ever really working for me...
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

Some of these changes are terrifying. Like parachutes being able to burn off.
EDIT: Yep....that's going to be a problem. Gonna have to rely on atmospheric braking and deploy at much lower altitudes.

Yeah that's certainly gonna be an issue with some of the aerodynamic problems I had with trying to re-enter anything more than a heatshielded pod.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Some of these changes are terrifying. Like parachutes being able to burn off.
EDIT: Yep....that's going to be a problem. Gonna have to rely on atmospheric braking and deploy at much lower altitudes.

Yeah that's certainly gonna be an issue with some of the aerodynamic problems I had with trying to re-enter anything more than a heatshielded pod.
I have had a lot of success dropping craft back in using an engine as a heatshield as well. Some outer equipment burned off but they survived just fine.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile

It appears that 1.0.1 is on their website, so you could probably download it there. 'course that's not 1.0.2.

It's always worked for me, except for since 1.0 was released. Probably has something to do with the server migration.

Also, I've already downloaded 1.0 from scratch this month, I can't afford to do the same for 1.0.1 because it'll use too much of my data cap.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's always worked for me, except for since 1.0 was released. Probably has something to do with the server migration.

Also, I've already downloaded 1.0 from scratch this month, I can't afford to do the same for 1.0.1 because it'll use too much of my data cap.

1.0.2 is on the ksp website. Half a GB is a lot for some people. Most of the changes are probably just in the exe, which is small. I'd help you if I could but that would be redistributing.
Pages: 1 ... 758 759 [760] 761 762 ... 848