Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 734 735 [736] 737 738 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1486225 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

"It's still an SSTO! The other twelve stages don't count I swear!"
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile

Are you sending it up with the amount of fuel it would have on rentry?  If not you  could be testing it wrong.  The biggest problem I have with SSTOs is fuel rebalancing.  It shifts the center of mass enough to make the whole thing unstable.  While I can land my planes beautifully on the ground after flying around for a few minutes, going to orbit makes the whole thing impossible to fly safely. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

Well reentry test highlighted a tendency on backflipping between 30k and 10k, but with some added wing parts on the rear it can be recovered.

Reentry is now a death spiral up until 10000m then you turn engine on and by 5000 you're level again.

I'll leave it like that, for the dramatic and comedy effect.

edit: the last wing configuration:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

when the JATO gets removed, I'll add a elevator between the two tail rudder at the same height of the external elevators.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 03:33:21 am by LoSboccacc »

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

TIL
You can reparent to the payload clampotron and have the whole spaceplane as assembly

You can finally select multiple fuel tanks and transfer fuel one to many and one from many

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

Been playing around with the kOS mod lately; it's really nice. It especially comes into its own when playing hard mode, since being able to launch lots of satellites easily and repeatably is essential.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I tried to get off of Eve and was 2000 dV short. Of course, I launched from about 1500m; there are places that are far higher and that I probably could have launched from. I might have also benefited from a better launch profile.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Finally got my 5t payload ssto working

It actually can go with the payload up to the moon.

http://m.imgur.com/a/ukwJf

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile

1.0 is in experimentals now, so that means there's likely only a couple weeks at most left before it goes live.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

1.0 is in experimentals now, so that means there's likely only a couple weeks at most left before it goes live.
Excellent. I have been holding off starting a new game until 1.0

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I keep starting games of this and then stopping, since I don't have a huge amount of play time and hate restarting for updates. So I too have been holding off since I bought this game years ago, waiting for 1.0 so I could finally start a career. Also just got a joystick, so that'll make it even more fun!

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

wow, you have not started a career in previous versions?  They were worth doing.

I played most major versions on career mode long enough to fill out most of the tech tree, which is maybe 10-20 hours or so at a time.  Might play for a week or two, and then stop and wait for the next major change.

This practice has prolonged my enjoyment of the game.  I think I'll probably continue to play for a brief time after each subsequent update and major feature change, but this isnt the kind of game that I can just play endlessly.  I need something new to hook my attention, and so far it has been each new feature addition that has done it.

If I'd just waited for 1.0, I'd end up playing for a bit and then shelving it.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've started a few careers, just never gotten too deep in.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile

Why do building upgrades gotta be so goddamn expensive :'c

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

Why do building upgrades gotta be so goddamn expensive :'c
Because if they were cheap it the game would turn into the same thing as science mode too quickly?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Personally I've always only gotten less than halfway through the tech tree (I think?) and never made it to any other planets (because they're never aligned and I don't want to just fast forward for months while my space program does nothing). But it gets boring just flying to the same moons over and over so I lose interest.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 734 735 [736] 737 738 ... 848