Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 686 687 [688] 689 690 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1486344 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #10305 on: September 20, 2014, 06:50:45 pm »

New Kerbals who run aspects of your system
Anyone else think its kinda odd that the guy who is in charge of your reputation walks about in a biosuit?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #10306 on: September 20, 2014, 07:08:29 pm »

why do you find it odd? You need proper equipment to handle toxic stuff.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10307 on: September 20, 2014, 07:15:57 pm »

Well, it might lead someone to think that all those NERVAs that we explode on the pad arent helping the environment.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #10308 on: September 20, 2014, 09:42:11 pm »

The general consensus is that it's destroyable (and possibly repairable) structures for the space center, and/or craterable terrain.

If that's the case, the next-gen feature it's tied to would presumably be constructing new bases, which would certainly be interesting.
Based on what?

Absolutely nothing!

Well, we know it's something no mod has ever done before, which rules out a lot of things, but not that, and it was said that a good player will never see the new feature, and a bad one will see it a lot.

So, not nothing, but definitely not a lot.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10309 on: September 20, 2014, 11:33:36 pm »

That, and we know they've been preparing new content for it. So if you think about it, it kinda makes sense. Destructible KSC terrain and buildings.

Alternatively.... and this is possibly much more awesome...

Individual part damage. Crumpling, bending, one way or another being damaged without outright exploding.
I mean, we already know they've been making new explosion effects. This kinda seems related.

The reveal's next week. I wonder what other theories everyone will come up with.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #10310 on: September 21, 2014, 01:51:27 am »

Loans fit the description as well and are close to the administrative building topic

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10311 on: September 21, 2014, 03:37:05 am »

I dont see why they would be all hush-hush about loans, thats a fairly normal feature.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #10312 on: September 21, 2014, 01:23:18 pm »

I created a supersonic plane with twin jet engines and tiny fuel tanks. Turns out I have a knack for fuel-efficient planes, because it barely took a drop out of it in 17 minutes spent flying. I skipped off the atmosphere repeatedly, waited until the craft was engulfed in flames, and made Bill jump out.
I am a terrible person.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10313 on: September 21, 2014, 04:09:43 pm »

http://imgur.com/a/B1BFN#12
Just found this again after almost a year. Someone had said it couldn't be done. I went and did it.
For the record, that's a manned Mun landing on 1200 units of fuel, or 3 T-400 tanks, the default 1.25m tank.
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10314 on: September 23, 2014, 11:02:59 pm »

The contract mod wants me to kick an E class asteroid on an escape trajectory from the sun and pays 2.4 million. No thanks. I'm not up for planning that.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #10315 on: September 24, 2014, 08:14:58 am »

>The contract mod wants me to kick an E class asteroid on an
escape trajectory from the sun and pays 2.4 million. No
thanks. I'm not up for planning that.

That gave me an idea for an addon to multiplayer: the ability to transfer or subcontract contracts. Balancing would be a pain in the patookus, though.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #10316 on: September 24, 2014, 09:19:54 pm »

The contract mod wants me to kick an E class asteroid on an escape trajectory from the sun and pays 2.4 million. No thanks. I'm not up for planning that.
Yeah, that is just silly. Making a ship with the amount of Dv needed for that would probably cost more then the payout.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10317 on: September 24, 2014, 11:10:16 pm »

Yeah, that is just silly. Making a ship with the amount of Dv needed for that would probably cost more then the payout.

I guess I could always fund it with silliness like this 60 ton B9 engine tested in orbit that pays 4 million or so. Then I landed it back at KSC because it costs hundreds of thousands.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

edit: I love the Fine Print mod. It gives great contracts. One of them wants an orbital station around Gilly built into a newly discovered class C asteroid. All for one million bucks. I hate you, Fine Print.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 02:53:20 pm by BigD145 »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10318 on: September 26, 2014, 04:41:35 pm »

Probable 0.25 new feature reveal in 2-3 hours.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #10319 on: September 26, 2014, 06:16:30 pm »

Probable 0.25 new feature reveal in 2-3 hours.

Do you have a link?

EDIT: Nevermind, I realized it would just be on their twitch channel. Derp. For all those interested: http://www.twitch.tv/ksptv

EDIT2: It's starting, I'll summarize it here afterwards.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 06:32:11 pm by Glloyd »
Pages: 1 ... 686 687 [688] 689 690 ... 848