Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 670 671 [672] 673 674 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1486622 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kick up the debug menu and look for null refs as you build and as you launch. You're likely to get them with duped parts and 1 year into a mission your ship will explode. It is a big deal. Save yourself time and just make a proper install.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Even if I don't use any of the duped parts? I literally cannot use them at all. Trying to place them anywhere results in the game getting stuck and requiring a restart.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

Did you also delete the ships folder and the etc folders that came with B9? It gives like 3 or 4 last I checked.

Yeah, I avoid B9 simply because its stupidly hard to get the shit to actually work as intended. No idea what is up with that.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Theres a few things I love about B9.  I love the heavy duty landing gears and how hugely customizable they are reverse motor? Check, Steering? Check, variable lengths? Check... I love the absolutely beautiful intakes, and I love the cargo bays.

I hate the wings (the smallest B9 wing is too big for almost anything I want to build, and the procedural wings mod pretty much obsoletes any wing, vanilla or not anyway), there's only 2 cockpits in the pack I like, and only one of them actually has an interior, The dual mode engine is broken and obsoleted by vanilla now anyway, while pretty the intakes seem a bit overpowered, and since the project had basically been abandoned for more than one major update outside of a few compatibility patches, a lot of stuff behaves oddly.

If somebody knows of any good alternatives to B9 for spaceplane parts it would be appreciated.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I doubt the craft files have anything to do with it. They can't store part definitions and certainly can't store models.

I only get null refs after attempting to place a glitched part and after that I need to restart the game. I've already gone through most of the tech tree in career mode and nothing bad has happened yet. I don't intend to make a fresh install unless things get unplayable.

Greigor: you can try spaceplane+. It hasn't got quite the variety of B9 but it does have some pretty good (and good looking) parts.
                        - Random human lord

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Ohhh pretty, It's even my favorite fuselage size.  Thankees.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

And get ALCOR with some of the Raster prop changing things, notonly does Raster work with spaceplane+ but the ALCOR is sexy as fuck.

If I can find a manual on the thing I may even go and try doing IVA missions...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well I just wasted two large scale launches while trying to replace my old remotetech communications network. The first one because I forgot that angles don't get larger over longer distances and the second because I forgot that 90 degrees is bigger than 60 degrees. Apparently I can handle rocket science and orbital dynamics but not grade school geometry.
                        - Random human lord

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Edit: Nevermind, I am dumb.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 01:23:14 pm by nogoodnames »
                        - Random human lord

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So yesterday I tried out DarkMultiPlayer on a private server and it worked pretty well. There were no crashes and only a few noticeable bugs. The biggest problem I encountered was a bug where the game wouldn't allow me to return to the space center or recover the craft after landing, but that happened rarely and switching craft or reconnecting solved it.

Granted this was on a LAN with two players, but things seem to be working well enough that it might be worth it to set up a Bay 12 server.
                        - Random human lord

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Mother of chrome...Bay12 multiplayer KSP? Could you imagine the carnage and the overly dwarven rockets? May science have mercy on the heavens.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, I can picture the chaos. The skies rent by the fire of a hundred over-engineered booster stages. It will be glorious and terrible to behold.

If there's enough interest I could potentially host a server, but I don't have any experience managing these things. Preferably the host would be someone who actually knows what they're doing. It seems really easy to set a server up, though. And it doesn't require many system resources since almost everything is client-side by necessity.
                        - Random human lord

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, from what I've seen DMP is a lot better than that. You can actually do things like fly in formation.
                        - Random human lord

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

We could have huge naval battles.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile

Is... That actually a mod?
Pages: 1 ... 670 671 [672] 673 674 ... 848