Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 669 670 [671] 672 673 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1486617 times)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile

Can we ever get a view of minumus eclipsing the Mun eclipsing Kerbin, all eclipsing Kerbol?
Because that would be awesome.

No, because minmus is outside mun orbit, duh

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

I don't think it's possible.  Minmus is on a tilted orbit, and I don't think that tilt lets it line up with the sun.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

Sure it is. It's just less often.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

Even the most eccentric orbit of a single body must at least twice line up with any other orbit that body is involved in, whether it's something orbiting that body or something that body is orbiting.

It could easily take quite a while if you've got a lot of orbits that don't have harmonic frequencies (or could, potentially, be impossible if they are almost harmonic but don't actually line up with one another) but it's nearly always possible given that harmonic orbits are extremely rare.
Nothing important here, move along.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

"At least" is more like "either exactly twice or all the time"

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

You know its a good mod when your first reaction is "oh, the devs did an update already?"

Anyway, I just discovered the best thing. I no longer have to reposition all those toolbars in every new save! WOOTS.

EDIT: Ok, I think I have officially failed KSP. Down to 3000 kerbucks, lost Jeb on the first flight, then lost Bill and Bob to other shenanigans with a cursed test craft. Did I mention I haven't reached orbit yet?

Yeah, FAR is REALLY hardcore on IRONKERBAL mode.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 10:03:32 pm by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

You ever get module manager fucking up, saying something is in the wrong spot?

Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just lost my two veteran Kerbals trying to complete two of the aerial observation missions from that mod that was just linked. I had just completed one mission and had to perform a 90 degree turn at mach 4.5 to move on to the next one. The plane had proven pretty stable while performing high g turns in the past but I guess I was flying too low or going too fast this time. I just saw the g-force meter jump as the plane really cut into the air, and then it disintegrated. I may have been able to save one of the pilots if they were falling over land, but it was over water and nothing could prevent total destruction.

One of the kerbals was the first to land on the Mun, the other the first on Minmus. They were my only real veterans after all the others died even more stupid deaths. They weren't even supposed to be on this mission, I just made some small adjustments to the plane and forgot to reset the crew. They were flying over the North pole before I noticed.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

At least they died doing what they loved.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

rip in peace neverforget ;_;7

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Two veteran hotshot space pilots, on a boring mission to the middle of nowhere, crash their plane due to accidentally exceeding its structural limits?

It may be tragic, but written out like that it sounds like a case of "hold my beer and watch this". :P
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bleh, still having problems with B9. Now there are duplicate parts and if I try to use any of them, they refuse to attach and get the game stuck in the VAB, unable to place any parts or leave. I tried taking out the whole B9 folder but somehow a set of the glitched parts remained, still with their models and everything. I have no idea where the game is storing them if not there.
                        - Random human lord

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Use a new ksp install and start over.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's not that much of an issue, certainly not worth the effort of restarting and re-installing all of my mods. I just have to avoid using the glitched parts.
                        - Random human lord
Pages: 1 ... 669 670 [671] 672 673 ... 848