Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 668 669 [670] 671 672 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1486874 times)

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am aware, which is why I used someone's compatibility pack which supposedly included everything required to make it work with the latest version, as well as a .cfg file to fix the part prices. Evidently something still isn't working correctly. I probably should have gone through the steps to make B9 compatible on my own but laziness got the best of me.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

From what I'm aware it has everything needed to work with the 'current version' 2 versions ago.  I wasn't aware the update was updated to the newest one.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

I'm being a little cheaty and using MechJeb as the control part (hence the fucked up navball in the picture, I put it on the bottom of the rockomax adapter). It's surprisingly stable, but the LV-909 just isn't enough to get it into orbit.
I'd say that that's the problem, or a part of it. SAS is less likely to work properly if it's not controlling the right axes. (what's the plural of "axis", anyway? I've been using "axes" since that seems to make grammatic sense, but what's the actual plural form?)
I moved the mechjeb thingie to be in a proper orientation. And this new lifter doesn't have any of the problems of the old one.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile

My new set of mods for the latest version seems to be causing issues. They can range from minor annoyances like the UI spazzing out whenever I deploy a new comsat, to potential disasters like things staging out of sequence. I've lost several kerbals to these bugs in my career game.

The major culprits seem to be B9 and remote tech. I think remote tech is causing the aforementioned UI and staging issues. On the other hand, B9 parts randomly cause craft to get their cost set to NaN and lose their CoM marker. I think they also have some glitch aerodynamics since my attempts at making an early SSTO for deploying satellites have resulted in planes unable to take off even when their CoL is in front of their CoM. I guess I shouldn't just pile on compatibility patches from random people and expect them to work.
This happens to me without using B9 or Remote Tech. What other mods are you using?
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

Am I the only person who has ALWAYS had problems with B9, regardless of new versions or etc.?

I downloaded it back before the ARM update and only got like 5 parts out of the thing, none of which I think were actual aerodynamic stuffs :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My new set of mods for the latest version seems to be causing issues. They can range from minor annoyances like the UI spazzing out whenever I deploy a new comsat, to potential disasters like things staging out of sequence. I've lost several kerbals to these bugs in my career game.

The major culprits seem to be B9 and remote tech. I think remote tech is causing the aforementioned UI and staging issues. On the other hand, B9 parts randomly cause craft to get their cost set to NaN and lose their CoM marker. I think they also have some glitch aerodynamics since my attempts at making an early SSTO for deploying satellites have resulted in planes unable to take off even when their CoL is in front of their CoM. I guess I shouldn't just pile on compatibility patches from random people and expect them to work.
This happens to me without using B9 or Remote Tech. What other mods are you using?

Tons of things: FAR, TAC life support, Scansat, spaceplane+, RealChute, Infernal Robotics, DebRefund, Environmental Visual Enhancements and probably some other stuff I forgot.

I just said B9 and Remote tech because they seemed like the most likely culprits. Which problems do we have in common?
                        - Random human lord

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You guys/gals are using the one updated on July 29th? http://www.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/220473-b9-aerospace-repack Are you using the newest Firespitter dll?

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You guys/gals are using the one updated on July 29th? http://www.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/220473-b9-aerospace-repack Are you using the newest Firespitter dll?

Yes I was using that. Is there a more recent Firespitter dll? I think I will just go through the steps of updating B9 myself and see if that fixes some of the issues.

Edit: Okay, re-installing seems to have fixed the pricing issues at least.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 12:10:28 pm by nogoodnames »
                        - Random human lord

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just check thelast 5 pages or so at the ksp forums. I've been away from ksp for a good 2 weeks. Just getting updated myself.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tons of things: FAR, TAC life support, Scansat, spaceplane+, RealChute, Infernal Robotics, DebRefund, Environmental Visual Enhancements and probably some other stuff I forgot.

I just said B9 and Remote tech because they seemed like the most likely culprits. Which problems do we have in common?
So wait, are FAR and TAC updated for the new version? :)

Indeed, I do this.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, they're both working for me in the latest version.

I was just messing around with some things when an unusual sight from the runway caught my eye.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That speck slightly to the right of my jet is Minmus.
                        - Random human lord

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

I had that happen too.  It's actually really neat.  (Also kinda annoying if yer engines can't generate electricity and yer depending on solar panels for SAS :P)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Can we ever get a view of minumus eclipsing the Mun eclipsing Kerbin, all eclipsing Kerbol?
Because that would be awesome.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can we ever get a view of minumus eclipsing the Mun eclipsing Kerbin, all eclipsing Kerbol?

Go ask Scott Manley. He probably knows the exact position and game date where that happens just off the top of his head :P

Indeed, I do this.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

Go ask Scott Manley. He probably knows the exact position and game date where that happens just off the top of his head :P
Though it should be possible to calculate exactly when every eclipse will be.
I have idea how you would so that but it should be doable. If it's possible IRL then it's possible in a simulation that is an awful lot simpler.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 668 669 [670] 671 672 ... 848