Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Dwarven Optometry...  (Read 15258 times)

Moosey

• Bay Watcher
  • [moose brute extract]
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Optometry...
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2011, 11:04:36 pm »

What have you done.  WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!  I read this thread yesterday, and it gave my computer ideas.

So, I'm playing along in my subterranean fort, and a forgotten beast arrives.
"The Forgotten Beast Disuth Rakustzagith has come!  A towering humanoid composed of ice, blah blah blah, beware its poisonous vapors."

So I send my military over and they kill him, but not before getting breathed on.  Then each soldier reports to sickbay, lies down for a few seconds, and then goes about their business.

But now, each guy that got hit with the breath now has the following data in their health pages:
  Completely Numb
  Vision Lost
Wounds:
  right eye, eye tissue
    function totally impaired
  right eye, eye tissue
    function totally impaired

So yes, now I have a few dwarves who are trained for battle, completely blind, and I'm guessing (remember, "completely numb") immune to pain.
Backs to the wheel
There's granite to shove

Moosey

• Bay Watcher
  • [moose brute extract]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2011, 11:13:07 pm »

Peh, false alarm.  Their "totally impaired" optic nerves somehow healed themselves.
Backs to the wheel
There's granite to shove

Tallefred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2011, 12:42:17 am »

If this syndrome could be removed from the elves and placed into, say, a new breed of mushroom that grows only in the bottom cavern layer, I would be really happy. Could it be done, or does the sacrifice require elven blood?
This is to make me recognizable.

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2011, 07:01:21 am »

Could it be done, or does the sacrifice require elven blood?
1.) of course is does
2.) why wouldnt it?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2011, 08:17:51 am »

There are currently no edible syndromes.  In the next update, we'll be able to make poisonous mushrooms that cause blindness when eaten.  You could, currently, make a mushroom that causes blindness when you touch it, but it would only occur during hauling jobs.

That's right - eating something doesn't involve actually touching it.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2011, 09:24:46 am »

Bringing it to the table does, doesn't it?

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Lezard

• Bay Watcher
  • Detests !!Caravans!! for their terrifing antics.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2011, 11:29:51 am »

mini update . I've moved the syndrome to caste level so now the female elves have the syndrome that effects male dwarfs and the male elves have the fat necrosis-Dwarven Liposuction ,Facial features paralysis - Dwarven Botox and Extreme swelling of lungs- Dwarven breast enhancement (I do not know why I did this!) 

I tried paralysis of only the head just to see what would happen and people just started suffocating, I wasn't aware that the head actually took part in respiration.

@Tallefred if you want a more controllable version you could try the workshop/inhalation method mentioned earlier in the thread

@Girlinhat That is a very pleasing collection of words.
Currently I have "The Breached Anus of brides"  sounds like a disastrous honey moon.
Exactly. Ethics in DF are very realistic - trivial and pointlessly selectively ex/inclusive.

Mount

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2011, 03:05:21 am »

A thought -- since it's possible for a syndrome to be inhaled, could you mod a stone to have a lower-than-room-temp boiling point and include a syndrome?  I remember long ago trying to mod a rock that would have an AOE freeze effect like certain things  have an AOE heat effect (i.e. flaming coal in a metal bin).  What I got was rock that would boil away into a cloud of vapor when mined...  It could be amusing to have certain minerals on your map that gave you, say, "projectile leprosy" when you dig 'em out. 

elitepastafa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2011, 04:52:49 am »

yes. A few mods use this to simulate black lung, that disease coal miners get. Basically a stone that boils at 100 urists or so below room temp, and the miners would inhale the cloud, receiving the syndrome. I do seem to remember there being an issue with it sending the miners flying though, but I'm not sure. haven't messed with modding, much less syndromes, in a while.
Quote from: Gnauga date=1287448036
Quote from: SkyRender date=1287438955
no-quality training spears are about as effective as a limp noodle at doing damage
You forget that a limp noodle has a wobbly attribute to it. In fact, its characteristics and shape may liken it to a small whip made out of food.
In this sense, the limp noodle is a dangerous thing and should be slurped with extreme caution, lest your lips go flying off in an arc.

Lezard

• Bay Watcher
  • Detests !!Caravans!! for their terrifing antics.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2011, 04:36:37 pm »

I've decided to donate and try to get a drawing of the exploding elf incedent ! will scan and post when and if it arrives, I believe there is quite a back log.
Currently I have "The Breached Anus of brides"  sounds like a disastrous honey moon.
Exactly. Ethics in DF are very realistic - trivial and pointlessly selectively ex/inclusive.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]