Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28

Author Topic: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 4, World 3, Day 2) New players welcome!  (Read 40525 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 4, World 2, Day 2) New players welcome!
« Reply #360 on: September 02, 2011, 08:07:46 pm »

Meh, I don't time it precisely, I just bump it after 2 days of 0 activity.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 02, 2011, 08:18:37 pm »

Sorry guys, been feeling very unwell lately. I'll get around to updating eventually. :) I am still here though.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 02, 2011, 09:16:20 pm »

Hope you start feeling better!

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 03, 2011, 04:11:40 am »

Current World:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Gallery:
Player List:
Hibernating Creators:

I like my price better... How about we ask Haika to roll for our haggling? I win you get the 3 Vials and 40, you roll higher 3 vials and 50. I neither want to back down nor start a huge fight over 10 influence, so I think this would be a good way to settle it.
Weird Haggle Roll 1: 65
Pyro Haggle Roll 1: 65
o.O
Weird Haggle Roll 2: 78
Pyro Haggle Roll 2: 50
Therefore, Weird's Price is accepted. The necromancer gets the amulet for 3 vials of pain, and 40 influence.

Gather more humanoids. Buy the AM Radio.
Am Radio Got. -22 influence.
Heading back out into the world, you find there are quite a few more guards there today. It's hard to find a good spot to capture another humanoid, so you try and blend into the crowd. You catch a glimpse of one of the guard's carrying a sketch. On it, it has the picture of the elf woman you grabbed yesterday. With the realization that the guards are on the look out for kidnappers, even if they don't know it was you, you decide that now is not the time to be harvesting humanoids, and you return to the ship empty handed.
+12 kidnapping exp.

Gather
2 :o
Walking the market you search for that special something to bring back to the Aglaia. The stalls have many sorts of items, most focused on adventurers, but others with luxuries like silks, art, and clothing. One such stall catches you eye. Ornate frames hold expansive landscape paintings. Looking around, you see one such frame set aside, and facing the back of the stall, instead of up front with the others. Wondering what painting it holds, you pick it up, and turn it around. Your world spins with the painting, and you feel yourself slipping into a dark hole. You shake your head to clear your thoughts and find yourself in an odd room. No exits are visible, and one wall of the very simple square room seems to be a mirror, looking out up at the roof of the stall where you once stood. You expend your powers as best you can, pushing and pulling trying to teleport yourself away from this room but do nothing but feel weaker. With growing realization you figure out that you are INSIDE the painting somehow, and are unable to return to the Aglaia, perhaps at all without help...
+2 forage exp
-52 influence
You are LOST! Next action is to return to the ship. Others may help you with their actions.

Buy the Tungsten.

Craft Duralumin with the copper and aluminium, but leaving some copper/aluminium left untouched, at least 5 same-sized ingots worth of each. (I learned well about being careful about how specific my orders are, in case it all blows up in my face. Literally. Thanks for the lesson on that, Haika!)
Tungsten Got. -21 influence.
49(ouch... that's got to hurt)
Dura... Duralumininum... That copper with aluminium thing. It just dose NOT seem to want to be. As much as you might imagine it is easy to bring them together. The fates just seem to be against you. I suppose you could try again once more. Even the RNG takes pity on folks sometimes right?
+49 metallurgy exp! (Levelup! - fat lot of good it does now...)

Deposit the oxygen, carbon, and manganese. Then Gather: meditate and collect ethereal images of worlds. I'm looking for Earth in particular.
Elements deposted, 109 influence gained.
96!!
42-34=8
You take a few steps out into the world and sit down in the middle of the street cross-legged. Casting out with your mind and your powers you search the area for images. Not an easy task by most means, but your powers are feeling especially strong today. You delve into the minds of those around the street, and bring forth several images of earth-like worlds. The tricky part is getting those images into the material world. Focusing your powers, you condense it all before you. Several large crystaline plates slowly grow from nothing. Each plate shows the image of an Earth-like world. They are mirror-like on all other surfaces, and look very other-worldly. You carefully carry the plates back to the ship.
+192 ethreal coalescence exp
+ 8 Earth-like Crystal World Plates [34]

Group Inventory:

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 4, World 2, Day 3) New players welcome!
« Reply #364 on: September 03, 2011, 05:12:00 am »

how the hell do i keep doing this

Okay, here we go. Big craft action:

Reshape the Huge Navy Bean Facet Crystal in such a way that it forms a suit of plate armour. Platemail body, greaves, gauntlets, helmet. Use the 11 units of FE to form intricate spiraling inlays on the gauntlets and arms. Purify the blue jaspers, keeping the impurities for later use, and use them to make an inlay on the chest of the armour in this design. Form a longsword out of 1 Earth-like Crystal World Plate, a scabbard out of another, a shield from a third and a cloak from a fourth.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 07:13:02 am by Zaerosz »
くコ:彡

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 03, 2011, 12:23:43 pm »

I'm a nice guy, so:

Ukrainian Ranger, I'll HELP you get out of that picture.

And I'll BUY the Magnesium.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 08:10:19 pm by PyroDesu »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 03, 2011, 09:54:11 pm »

Gallery the Toon Mummy. Help UR.

Edit: If UR doesn't post by the time Haika is ready to roll the turn, I'm not going to help him. In that case Extract the Elves Feats/Powers/Skills whatever the hell you call em in D&D.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 03:11:01 pm by Weirdsound »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 04, 2011, 06:59:52 pm »

Get home
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 04, 2011, 07:53:39 pm »

Okay. He posted, I'll help him.

Hmm... I wonder if him being animated in a picture justifies the use of my Toon Capture skill...

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 04, 2011, 08:12:00 pm »

I wonder if I can blow the picture apart with a power mortar to release him, using my artillery engineer skill.

(Joking)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 11:03:36 pm by PyroDesu »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 05, 2011, 08:08:13 pm »

*prod*

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 06, 2011, 02:16:00 am »

Current World:
Gallery:
Player List:
Hibernating Creators:

Reshape the Huge Navy Bean Facet Crystal in such a way that it forms a suit of plate armour. Platemail body, greaves, gauntlets, helmet. Use the 11 units of FE to form intricate spiraling inlays on the gauntlets and arms. Purify the blue jaspers, keeping the impurities for later use, and use them to make an inlay on the chest of the armour in this design. Form a longsword out of 1 Earth-like Crystal World Plate, a scabbard out of another, a shield from a third and a cloak from a fourth.
Feeling bolstered by a string of powerful successes, you attempt a grand design from the items you have. And promptly confuse yourself. The FE is in a fine dust, pure as any chemist's workshop, and trying to fuse it together with a life form turned crystal is difficult in itself. Let alone being able to turn said life form into a base for armor. That aside, the jaspers resist your powers in your confused state, and you basically struggle all around. However, you do learn a bit about organization and how you might try this sort of construction again later.
+26 complex armor assemby exp

Ukrainian Ranger, I'll HELP you get out of that picture.

And I'll BUY the Magnesium.
Gallery the Toon Mummy. Help UR.
Get home
Pryo: 72
Weird: 26
UR: 89
Murdoc and Neco decide to attempt to help their missing comrade Astor. They send out their powers from the safety of the ship trying to locate the lost creator. Murdoc only manages to find glimpses of the many varied minds on the planet, but Neco finds an odd echo pointing to one of the stalls in the art district of the market. He3 reaches out to the echo and makes a connection with Astor, though it seems it wasn't needed, as the weaponsmith has just managed to get out of his trap by himself. He staggers back to the ship weakened, but intact. The painting took a massive burst of his powers to get himself free from the magical trap, but it's nothing a little rest aboard the Aglaia wouldn't cure.

As soon as he is safely on board, you hear the gentle hum of the ship that indicates the transferance to a new world.
Grass extends as far as the eye can see. The ground is flat, with fluffy white clouds in a deep blue sky. There is no sign of human habitation. In the distance a huge herd of what look to be bison graze on the grass, you estimate at least a hundred in this natural looking group of all ages. Occasionally a small squirrel-like rodent darts from one tunnel to the next underneath the heavy hooves of the bison.

Group Inventory:

Decided not to give exp for the rescue this time around. Not sure why I did last time, but I'll leave it be for now. Enjoy the new world. :)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 4, World 3, Day 1) New players welcome!
« Reply #372 on: September 06, 2011, 03:38:47 am »

Sell orange liquid, buy the dog and butcher it violently... It's a bad. bad cycle and I am in a bad mood

Also, gift 25 influence to Neco Ferratum, and 25 influence to Murdoc for helping me
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 07:30:34 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 06, 2011, 04:01:56 am »

Buy 3 fist-sized Jet gemstones.

Gather: gems or crystalline objects. Dig! Dig for greed and dig for glory!
くコ:彡

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 06, 2011, 10:23:47 am »

Awww.... I was just gonna buy the dog. Aw well. I'm sure I'll find Dog Parts for sale in group storage soon.

Gallery the Toon Mummy.
In that case Extract the Elve's Feats/Powers/Skills whatever the hell you call em in D&D.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28