Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28

Author Topic: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 4, World 3, Day 2) New players welcome!  (Read 40619 times)

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 4, World 1, Day 3) New players welcome!
« Reply #330 on: August 26, 2011, 01:36:46 am »

hooooooooly crap two crits in a row. Awesome.

Separate the lumber saw into its component elements.
くコ:彡

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 26, 2011, 05:41:24 am »

try again
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 26, 2011, 05:42:13 am »

Try again on alloying the copper and aluminium.

I know what that alloy is, and it is better than either one on their own.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 28, 2011, 12:57:54 am »

(b-b-b-BUMP)

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 28, 2011, 01:37:29 am »

Current World:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Gallery:
Player List:
Hibernating Creators:

Drop the new toon fish zombies in the gallery.

Treat the Gore Being's external gore flesh with Shriveled Toon Residue and wrap in red tissue paper to create a Toon Gorebeing Mummy!
~ Four Floating Zombie Halibut Toons ~ [81] Murdoc the Necromancer (Weirdsound.cycle 4)
These smiling Halibut float about gazing lifelessly at you. The eyes of the toons are large and  occasionally pop out of the sockets to hang from nerve endings. The fish ooze plastic-looking toon goo from all over their bodies. This is of course the standard for toon zombies. They fly just as easily as if they were swimming in the ocean, but tend to hum or sing happy little tunes about death and slaughter as they float.
71+15+46+18+10=160
The Shriveled toon residue is just a little bit of powder left over from disassembling a toon sword. A little bit is all you need though. Sprinkling the dust over the gore being, it begins to warp and transform. Quickly you add the red tissue paper and some of your powers to even out everything together, and soon you find yourself standing before a toon mummy. It's wrappings are dark red, and it only vaguely has a humanoid shape, but it is most definitely a toon, as it is attempting to 'walk like an Egyptian'. And the tune seems to be playing wherever it is.
+82 toon mummification exp
+ Red Toon Mummy [160]
- 1 Inverted Gore Humanoid [92]
- red tissue paper [35]
- shriveled toon residue [21]

Separate the lumber saw into its component elements.
Donning protective eyewear you begin to take the lumber saw apart. The old and rusty pieces tend to break easily, and there isn't much left of the electronic parts. However, the blade while a bit rusty is still sharp, and there is quite a bit of scrap metal for later use, along with a spare conveyer belt you find hidden in a sealed compartment. And there's quite a bit of what you can only assume is petrified sawdust, as it is very soft dust.
+88 Mechanical Separation exp
+ rusty sawblade [45]
+ scattered mess of scrap metal [33]
+ conveyer belt [34]
+ pile of petrified sawdust [7]

disassemble the washing machine
try again
18+2
These machines are really well put together arn't they? Did you know that the first washing machine was introduced in 1908. I wonder if they made them as well as they do today. Either way, this machine is once again resisting your attempts to take it apart. Even with all your mighty powers you cannot seem to figure out how to use them without breaking something important. A piece of metal sheet here, a screw there. It's all very complicated. Perhaps trying something else for a bit will help you focus the next time.
+20 Mechanical Separation exp

Try again on alloying the copper and aluminum.

I know what that alloy is, and it is better than either one on their own.
(Does this mean I can't just make up what the alloy is? Darn.)
42 (looks like I don't have to. XD )
Just like with Astor you are having difficulty doing the same creation from yesterday. The copper is very soft, but the Aluminum is very hard. There's a very bad dirty joke there someplace, but I think I'll leave it at that. For now, I suggest trying another action and letting your powers relax a bit before you try again.
+42 metallurgy exp

It's that time again. The engines rumble it's quiet hum and the ship moves to a new world.
The portal this time shows a busy city street. Guards wearing chainmail and holding polearms are stationed every few feet. Large tent-like stalls are set up as merchants hawk their wares to the various looking armed people who walk down the street. In less than a moment, you see swords, bows, maces, daggers, staves, even a whip or two. Tall pointed eared humanoids trade with small stocky ones. Other small ones run through the street, but are thin and fleet of foot. Some wear robes, others heavy armor. In the distance is a rather large medieval castle.

Group Inventory:

Gah, no bumping while I'm writing the turn. XD It hasn't even been 2 days here yet.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 4, World 2, Day 1) New players welcome!
« Reply #335 on: August 28, 2011, 02:35:43 am »

What are the rules on gathering sentience? I know we are not allowed to make it ourselves... but I did bring back Bugs Bunny who certainly ain't dumb.

If Allowed: Gather Elves Humanoids
Otherwise: Gather Corpses
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 02:40:07 am by Weirdsound »

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 28, 2011, 02:37:38 am »

And now I'll reveal; what I actually meant: Separate the lumber saw into its component ELEMENTS. Iron, carbon etc.

But whatever. I'll separate the scrap metal into its component ELEMENTS.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 28, 2011, 05:11:08 am »

Gather weapons
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 28, 2011, 12:00:01 pm »

Gather metal. It can be in any form, from scrap to ore to weapons, it just needs to be metal.

(And, yes, it is a real alloy. It's called Duralumin.)

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 30, 2011, 09:50:09 am »

Current World:
Gallery:
Player List:
Hibernating Creators:

If Allowed: Gather Elves Humanoids
41-62=1
Heading out into the croud, you move into a small allyway between buildings near the portal, and use your powers to begin to pry at the minds of those around you. You broadcast an image of a wounded child, to prey on the sympathy of the adventurers browsing the street stalls. One of the tall pointed-ear types is drawn into the allyway. She has short blonde hair, and is dressed in green studded leather, a longbow and quiver full of arrows are attached to her back. The elf kneels before you, and you let your powers lash out and cover her in the stasis field. Hiding her in your inventory out of sight, you return to the Aglaia with your catch.
+55 Kidnapping exp
+ 1 female elven ranger [62]

separate the scrap metal into its component ELEMENTS.
It's time for some chemistry students, Gather round. The first, and primary element in the metal is Iron. (Fe) On the table of elements. The rust on the metal comes from oxygen (O) that has fused with the iron of the metal, So you get some of that as well. You also get a little lucky, and manage to find some pieces of Steel in the scrap. This is a bonanza of elements. Primarily Iron(Fe), you also get some Carbon(C) and then small amounts of Manganese(Mn), Chromium(Cr), Vanadium(V), and Tungsten(W). It seems the saw used several different types of steel, each with those seperate alloy materials. You seperate everything into pure elements and return it to your inventory.
+76 Chemical Seperation exp
+ 11 units of FE [72]
+ 9 units of O [51]
+ 8 units of C [38]
+ 5 units of Mn [20]
+ 3 units of Cr [14]
+ 2 units of V [4]
+ 1 unit of W [21]
- scattered mess of scrap metal [33]
INVENTORY FULL. Your actions make your inventory spill over into group storage. The last three elements fall there, and you gain 39 influence. Any further gain of items will follow this same pattern until your inventory has space.

Gather weapons
15-70=1
It's a fairly simple matter to copy the coins the adventurers are using in the stalls, so you concentrate a bit on your powers, and create a pouch filled of the whitish looking coins that you imagine are the most valueable. They will probably dissolve into nothingness after you are gone, but it makes the gathering less abrupt, and you don't have to fight off any guards. Finding a short stocky humanoid with a shop near the market, you begin to examine his weapons. Unlike the weapons you saw in the market, these are of higher quality.
Your eyes are drawn to a glowing sword hanging in a small spot behind the main counter of the shop. The dwarf notices your gaze and walks over, "Auch lad, ye have a good eye. That be me best piece. Enchanted by a full blown Maenid Psion it be." He takes it down off the display and shows the reflective mirror sheen on the blade, he activates the magic, and you see the main street, and notice yourself walking in it, back to where the portal is. You realize this must be the future! Then the dwarf swings the sword, and it seems to cut a hole into the air, he steps into the hole, and then you hear from behind you, "Even has a short range teleoport magik to it. That mental crystal guy did quite a nice job on it. Makes me even feel better givin em fourty percent." The dwarf laughs a deep rumble, "But do ye have enough to pay fer it?" You show him your pouch of created Platinum coins, and his eyes go wide. He stammers an apology for his rudeness, and announces a huge sum for the sword, that seems pitiful compared to how much is in your pouch, and you can always make more. You take the large sword from the dwarf, and hum slightly to yourself as you walk back to the ship.
+55 Divine Haggle exp
+1 Mirrored Bastard Sword of Mental Prowess [70]

Gather metal. It can be in any form, from scrap to ore to weapons, it just needs to be metal.
55-65=1
You walk around the market thinking 'metal' 'ore' 'weapon' 'scrap'. There are several choices, but nothing seems to catch your eye. You feel yourself being drawn into a side building. No signs adorn this 'shop' and only a couple dark red candles burn to provide light inside. The shelves are covered in strange bottles, and various items. Lizards in ochre fluid, Humanoid looking skulls with gemstone snakes curling through the eye sockets, even the occasional cage with small imp who jeers at you. A shopkeep that seems more corpse than old woman greets you without looking up from her book as you enter the building. She cackles a bit when you ask about metal items, but she brings out a small talisman that is shaped like a skull with tiny blood red gemstones for eyes, and a simple silverish chain through the forehead. Her cryptic words say the item is indeed metal, and called a 'talisman of undead mastery'. She explains that someone wearing it can both create and control undead, and makes a few handsigns. You purchase the item with a bit of conjured coin, and quickly return to the ship with your prize before you even realize the purchase wasn't an action of your own. Oh well, you still got some metal at least.
+61 Divine Haggle
+1 Talisman of undead mastery [65]

Group Inventory:

All successful rolls. Congrats. Hope you like the items, putting those D&D pdfs to use here. :)

Also, I think weird may mug Pyro in the ally for his random loots. XD
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 4, World 2, Day 2) New players welcome!
« Reply #340 on: August 30, 2011, 10:18:32 am »

Also, I think weird may mug Pyro in the ally for his random loots. XD

Nah. I know better than to mug a PC. If there is anything he wants in my inventory though I'd trade him anything except Bugs.

- 9 gallons of gastric Acid [28]
- 1 Bugs Bunny Toon [98]
- 37 ACME toon appliance crates [12]
- 12 vials of swirling black smoke labeled: Distilled Pain [29]
- Red Toon Mummy [160]
- 1 female elven ranger [62]

Gather more humanoids. Buy the AM Radio.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 30, 2011, 11:48:36 am »

Gather

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 30, 2011, 02:10:29 pm »

Sell the Talisman back to group storage. Or for 3 vials of pain and some influence.
Buy the Tungsten.

Craft Duralumin with the copper and aluminium, but leaving some copper/aluminium left untouched, at least 5 same-sized ingots worth of each. (I learned well about being careful about how specific my orders are, in case it all blows up in my face. Literally. Thanks for the lesson on that, Haika!)

(Crazy crystal guy? I sense a sword, a dwarf, and a medieval city in my Maptools future...)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 09:16:04 pm by PyroDesu »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 30, 2011, 02:13:19 pm »

I'll just buy it from storage then. I think Haika says that there needs to be a disassemble action for breaking up stacks of stuff.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 02:15:04 pm by Weirdsound »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 30, 2011, 04:44:10 pm »

No, I don't think so...
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28