Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 28

Author Topic: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 4, World 3, Day 2) New players welcome!  (Read 40595 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 3, World 3, Day 1) New players welcome!
« Reply #270 on: August 14, 2011, 08:25:41 pm »

Fallout world and I am not here :(
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 3, World 3, Day 1) New players welcome!
« Reply #271 on: August 15, 2011, 08:48:30 am »

Current World:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Gallery:
Player List:
Hibernating Creators:

Try making a statue of a monkey with golden eyes out of the bars, blocks, and boulders instead.
16+25+46+27+42=156
Stacking your blocks in a square, you pile the boulders around them, and begin to apply pressure. Fusing the stones together, you then start to carve out the form of a monkey. Vaguely humanoid with longer arms, and a long thin tail wrapped around the creature eventually comes into view. The skill isn't extremely impressive, but it pulls off the look. You melt your gold into the shape of a couple bright gold eyes, and adorn the statue with them in the proper location.
+64 Statue Creation exp
+1 golden eye-ed, blue stone monkey statue [156]
- 4 massive blue boulders [91]
- 2 sharp cut aqua blocks [55]
- 6 pure gold bars [84]

Try to animate my glass golem.
94 !!
37+87+56=180
Your golem is by nature of being a golem, already 'animated' in most senses. It will walk around, respond to commands, and move like a servant. However, that's not good enough for you. You ponder the difficulty of animating it further. Straining, you stare at the fragile glass construct and something bursts forth in your brain. Your body begins to move on its own. With a huge grin, and a very VERY creepy laugh, you leap from your seat and yell, "EUREKA! I hab done eet!" Reaching behind you, you pull out a glowing paintbrush from absolutely nowhere. Advancing on the golem with a dark grin, you begin to 'paint' the glass. Every stroke adjusts the very base structure of the golem, and before long, a sheen of a plastic like finish appears on the golem. A goofy smile appears on it's now very animated and expressive face. The golem is now a Toon, bringing all the zanyness and indestructibility that comes with it.
+188 Artistic Animation exp (levelup!)
+1 smiling glass golem toon [180]
- 1 fragile glass golem [112]

Gather broken down vehicles.
42+10+2
28-58=1
Walking out through the portal, you decide to gather the first thing that comes in sight. These broken down hulls used to be atomic cars. For whatever reason they have been abandoned, and the weather has begun to rust and decay the metal. Choosing one that seems more or less intact, you drag it back to the ship, happily noting that the atomic engine remains complete in the metal frame.
+54 scrapyard exp
+1 rusted atomic car [28]

I will search for roaches or other surviving insects.
The wasteland before you is vast. Small ruined buildings dot the landscape, and strange creatures do seem to roam. However, there is no sign of insects of any type. You wander for a long time searching the empty and broken land for any sign of the most successful type of animal ever known. Yet you eventually come up empty handed, you get the feeling they are there, you just don't know where. Perhaps you should try again tomorrow.
+13 bug collection exp

Group Inventory:

The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 3, World 3, Day 2) New players welcome!
« Reply #272 on: August 15, 2011, 09:18:01 am »

Fine, I'll catch one of the roaming creatures.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 15, 2011, 09:44:55 am »

Disassemble the atomic car.

There is absolutely no way this can end badly.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 15, 2011, 12:42:04 pm »

Put the statue in the gallery, then go gathering.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 2, World 2, Day 1)
« Reply #275 on: August 15, 2011, 02:08:38 pm »

I'll BUY the piston engine.
I'll DISASSEMBLE the piston engine for parts (specifically looking for spark plugs, battery, and metal)
Shaking off the fog in your mind from hibernation, you quickly adapt to your new surroundings. Purchasing the engine from group inventory, you drag it back to your work station with your divine powers. (-49 influence)
1 ... ;O
diss-assemble. dissassemble. Dissassemble. DISSASSEMBLE. DiSsAsSeMbLe! DiSsAsSeMbLe!!  DiSsAsSeMbLeDiSsAsSeMbLeDiSsAsSeMbLeDiSsAsSeMbLe!!!
Your world turns white. The engine that was before you splits at the atomic level as your powers go out of control. You have no idea what caused it, perhaps trying something so different from what you were used to so early after waking up. When you return to consciousness, you find yourself laying in a massive crater where the engine used to be. Alarm lights are shining all over the place, and several automated systems are cleaning up wreckage and trying to restore the damaged parts of the Aglaia. A large red ticket is printed out from a slot near what is left of your work station. As you pick it up, an amount of your power is sucked out from it. You quickly drop the fine slip, but it is too late, the strange paper crumbles into dust, and you realize that part of your divine self has been warped, and will never work quite the same again.
+1 Reverse Engineer exp
-65 influence
Congradulations, welcome to the world of extreme critical crafting fail. From now on, any dissassemble actions you attempt will come with a -20 modifier due to power malfunction.
- 1 large piston-based engine [49]

This is what happened with a simple piston engine, Toaster. Imagine what will happen if you get a crit fail, man.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 15, 2011, 02:39:35 pm »

Well, the RNG only likes sending me into black holes and evil plants, so hopefully I can avoid blowing a hole in the ship.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 15, 2011, 02:57:12 pm »

Well, the RNG only likes sending me into black holes and evil plants, so hopefully I can avoid blowing a hole in the ship.
Well, the RNG only likes sending me into black holes and evil plants, so hopefully I can avoid Destroying the ship.

Fix'd.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 15, 2011, 04:10:38 pm »

Gather the skeleton.

(hopefully I wont get LOST like last time)
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 16, 2011, 06:02:00 pm »

Current World:
Gallery:
Player List:
Hibernating Creators:

Fine, I'll catch one of the roaming creatures.
22-13=9
The wasteland expands out before you. Destroyed buildings and wilted plants seem to be the normal of this landscape. Searching around, you find several creatures warped by mutation. You're not quite sure what these things were before whatever happened, but they are very strange now. Like massive hairless moles, about the size of large sheep. These creatures have large buck teeth, and seem very aggressive to most living things. You of course, are not most living things. Applying a touch of your powers to change your sent, you manage to get close enough to capture several of the creatures. Placing them in a stasis field, you bring them back to the ship.
+86 mutant capture exp
+9 giant molerat [13]

Disassemble the atomic car.
90 (soo close to critical, but thems the breaks)
Wth a flick of your wrist, you are wearing greasmonky overalls, complete with toolbelt and glowing power filled wrench. Taking apart the car, piece by piece, you begin to assemble the seperate parts into various piles and segmented areas in your workshop. the atomic engine in particular you take special care to seperate into technalogical parts, and atomic fuel.
+90 nuclear mechanic exp
+ 1 rusted metal car frame  [16]
+ 4 decayed wheels  [31]
+ 2 dutsy plas-leather seats  [31]
+ 1 atomic engine block  [45]
+ 2 canisters of atomic fuel [55]
- 1 rusted atomic car [28]

Put the statue in the gallery, then go gathering.
99 !!!
44-79=1
Putting the statue into the gallery, you bask in the glow of your increased powers for a moment before heading out into the ruined world. The wasteland is an empty place. But one building calls to you. A large sign outside reads 'Vault-tec' in massive yellow letters. The building itself has been ransacked. Metal rooms in the construction bay remain unfinished, and several suits of the same blue leather that must have been worn by that skeleton near the portal hang in various states of completion. You head to the top floor, in the center of the building you find a secure safe and easily use your powers to crack the security. Inside you find a very small item sitting in the large walk-in vault. It seems to be a large wrist computer. You strap it onto your arm, and boot it up, a computerized voice rings out, 'Welcome to the PipGirl 9000, I am your experimental computer companion, codenamed H.O.T.T.I, Helpful Operations and Technical Talking Inventory.' You astonishingly find that wearing this item and putting a little bit of your devine powers through it give you the ability to hold more items. Hotti also gives you a slight bonus to further gather rolls.
- 1 golden eye-ed, blue stone monkey statue [156]
+156 influence
+1 HOTTI PipGirl 9000
   * +5 inventory slots while wearing Hotti
   * +5 to all gather rolls while wearing Hotti
+198 electronics salvage exp (levelup!)

Gather the skeleton.
22-59=1
Simple Actions produce simple results. Walking just outside the portal, you lift up the remains of whomever the skeleton once was, and bring them back to the ship. You notice that the clothing they are wearing comes with a small pouch of some sort, along with a couple hidden pockets that may have items in them of use when sorted(dissassemble action)
+58 grave robbery exp
+1 Vault Dweller Skeleton [22]

Group Inventory:

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 3, World 3, Day 3) New players welcome!
« Reply #280 on: August 16, 2011, 06:42:09 pm »

Smash the skeleton into usable bones 
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 16, 2011, 08:50:38 pm »

Ooo... even better idea now, but it'll take two or three stages, I believe.

Use two I-Beams to restore the car frame to remove rust and restore to good shape.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 16, 2011, 09:02:55 pm »

Pff. Like I need more bonus for gather rolls. :P

Gather some more!
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 17, 2011, 01:52:42 am »

Well, time for some real action.

I'll take the fish, the mole rats and the scorpion, kill them painlessly, and extract their DNA, which I will then combine into one string of super-DNA. I will use the leftover bodies as biomass to create the creature the super-DNA represents, and implant it again.

Craft clownfish-scorpion-molerat hybrid
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 18, 2011, 11:22:18 am »

Current World:
Gallery:
Player List:
Hibernating Creators:

Smash the skeleton into usable bones 
10 ...cRiTiCaL fAiL!
You encase your fists with your power, take a couple shadow punches, then begin to pummel the statue. However after the first couple of hits, you begin to hear a beeping from one of the bags hidden on the skeleton. The beeping becomes stronger, and seems to beep faster. It doesn't take long until there is a large explosion on the skeleton and you are thrown back several feet. You are unharmed, but the Skeleton and whatever goodies it might have had on it, are destroyed. A red slip is printed out at your station, and you feel yourself weaken slightly as well.
10 Bone Crusher exp
- 1 Vault Dweller Skeleton [22]
-39 influence

Use two I-Beams to restore the car frame to remove rust and restore to good shape.
29+3+3+8=53
Flipping a welding shield(that you pulled out from nowhere) down over your eyes, you begin to focus your powers into a small concentrated point at the tips of your fingers. Moving this 'flame' close, you begin to fuse the metal of the I-beams to the rusted car frame, flaking off the rust as you do, and patching any holes or breaks you find as you go. Then end result isn't exactly pretty, but it seems much more servicable than before.
+62 steel welder exp
+ 1 restored steel car frame [53]
- 2 Steel I-beams [6]
- 1 rusted metal car frame  [16]

Gather some more!
41+5=46
Heading out into the portal, Hotti begins to talk idly as you search. She asks about where you came from, what colors do you like, do you like warm or cold weather? What about favorite food, drink, shoe type, weapon type, type of enemies, pets, materials.... The endless questioning really distracts you from trying to find anything out in the wasteland. After about an hour or so, you find yourself back at the portal, and realize she distracted you so much you walked in a massive circle and ended up right back where you started. With a sigh, you return to the Aglaia.
+46 forage exp

I'll take the fish, the mole rats and the scorpion, kill them painlessly, and extract their DNA, which I will then combine into one string of super-DNA. I will use the leftover bodies as biomass to create the creature the super-DNA represents, and implant it again.

Craft clownfish-scorpion-molerat hybrid
8 ooh boy...
Taking all your animals together, you administer a seditive, and then some to painlessly kill the creatures. Then with a careful power-created scalpel you carefully cut each one open, thinking that the 'DNA' must be in the spines... right? An hour later you are covered in blood, there is blood and ichor all over your station, and what little remains of the animals is barely noticeable as remains. Who knew that finding the DNA of an animal could be so hard. You let the ship take care of clean up, but find it charges you a bit for the convinence.
+8 Genetic engineering exp
-59 influence
- 9 tropical clownfish [76]
- 1 tiny pink scorpion [9]
- 9 giant molerat [13]

With a quiet lurch, and a silent hum, the dimensional ship moves on to it's next world. The portal flickers to a new location and you see:
Outside the portal is a large dark room, the only light you find is from the interrior of the Aglaia. Four large collums support a celing around two stories high. Several stone coffins are placed along each wall, and a carved stone door leads out of the room. The strong looking rock walls are carved with strange symbols, pictures of short humanoids, something that looks like elephants on fire... and cheese.

Note: Last world before Cycle change, hopefully you can do better than some of you did this turn. XD

Group Inventory:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 28