Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28

Author Topic: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 4, World 3, Day 2) New players welcome!  (Read 40650 times)

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 3, World 2, Day 2) New players welcome!
« Reply #255 on: August 11, 2011, 04:01:36 pm »

I must still be dizzy from hibernation. I'll gather any animal, and make sure I get some fresh air.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 3, World 2, Day 2) New players welcome!
« Reply #256 on: August 12, 2011, 02:08:27 pm »

Current World:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Gallery:
Player List:
Hibernating Creators:

Take the I-Beams and form a steel golem out of them, using the lead gauntlets as its fists.
Taking a page out of Fuji's book, you attempt to make yourself an iron golem. Still feeling a bit worried about deadly huts attacking you, you find it hard to concentrate. Bending some of the I-beams is difficult as well, they are quite strong. Eventually you become convinced that the I-beams and huts are working together to oppose you, so you stop your work to plan a counter offensive.
+34 Golem Animation exp

Dump the blue dust, yellow cactus, small twig nest, blue and green spotted eggs, and spotted red bellied finch into the group inventory, then go gathering again.
The assorted items go into group inventory, and your powers increase in response. (+160 influence)
- 10lbs of blue dust [30]
- 1 yellow cactus [31]
- 1 small twig nest [9]
- 3 blue and green spotted eggs [44]
- 1 spotted red bellied finch [46]
34 (o.O must be today's magic number)
Out in the village, you see nothing of interest. The roads and huts all seem deserted, and some of the huts even have clothes and pieces of food laying out untouched. As if whomever was here just suddenly disappeared. You suddenly get a very bad feeling, and decide to leave this place NOW. You run back to the ship, and when you arrive back within the safety of the metal/rock walls, you wonder what exactly you were thinking. However, it is too late to go gathering again, so you wait until tomorrow.
+34 forage exp

Try to make a golem out of the glass i have.
8+80+24=112
The key to working with glass is heat and gentle pressure. Melting the bowls you begin to reshape it to meet your needs. Making a small bellows type thing with your powers, you pump air into the glass, as you create bodyparts for your golem. The end result is a very fragile but impressive looking glass construct. Animated by magic, with two legs, and two arms. A glowing red rune is etched into the forhead, while the empty yellow eyes shine dully ready for it's master's commands.
+190 Glass Shaping exp (levelup!)
+1 fragile glass golem [112]
- 3 ornamental glass bowls [48]

I must still be dizzy from hibernation. I'll gather any animal, and make sure I get some fresh air.
65+1
14-9=1
Asking James where he found the bird and eggs, you decide to try looking for that canyon. After a bit of searching you manage to find what is left of the area. A massive crater mars the center of what was once a majestic canyon cutting through an open plain. It looks like a bomb exploded. There isn't much left within the rubble, but you extend your mind anyway in search. You manage to find one small scorpion who was trapped under a rock to one side. You calm it with your empathy, and heal the broken leg the rock crushed. It crawls up onto your arm peacefully and you walk back to the portal.
+66 animal empath exp (levelup!)
+1 tiny pink scorpion [9]

Group Inventory:
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 3, World 2, Day 3) New players welcome!
« Reply #257 on: August 12, 2011, 03:27:19 pm »

Turn change failure!  Oh well- I can just do it now!

Sell potatoes.  Buy blue dust.  Craft I-Beams into steel golem.  Use the blue dust to fleck the steel, and use the gauntlets for the golem's hands.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 12, 2011, 03:35:20 pm »

I pit the scorpion and the clownfish against each other, rewarding the scorpion whenever he attacks. When all the clownfish are dead, I dispose of the bodies and crown the scorpion 'Tiny Underwater Battlescorpion.'

In gaming terms: Craft scuba battlescorpion from scorpion and fish
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 12, 2011, 03:58:36 pm »

Gather some wood dood!!!!!
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 12, 2011, 04:36:56 pm »

Buy the gold bars from group inventory, then combine them with the blocks and boulders to make a wall with a landscape mural carved into it.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 12, 2011, 05:01:03 pm »

Sell potatoes.  Buy blue dust.  Craft I-Beams into steel golem.  Use the blue dust to fleck the steel, and use the gauntlets for the golem's hands.

You didn't actually change anything. XD You just asked if you could. But either way, wow, everyone's posted already. right then, new actions later tonight after I play some fallout NV. *nodself*

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 12, 2011, 11:17:17 pm »

Ok guys, No turn yet, but I'll get to it in due time. Until then, for any of you missing that crafting game feel. I'd like to invite you over here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=90599.0

That's a discussion thread for a maptools game I'd like to run weekly or so, once I get enough players. What I'd like to do, is combine this game, with a Dungeons and Dragon's type element. Where there's a gather stage, that has the 'adventure' element to it, as you head out into these unknown worlds and explore for resources, and possibly deal with combat situations.

If I get enough people interested, I want to add in a build and advance type session onto the crafting stage, where you increase the Aglaia's work area, and can build places for npcs/slaves/pets to stay, sort of like building your own castle or something.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 12, 2011, 11:36:48 pm »

You didn't actually change anything. XD You just asked if you could. But either way, wow, everyone's posted already. right then, new actions later tonight after I play some fallout NV. *nodself*

I know- that's what I meant.  No real difference anyhow, what with failing.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 14, 2011, 02:13:59 am »

Current World:
Gallery:
Player List:
Hibernating Creators:

You sell your potatoes and purchase the dust, and then return to the thought of making this gauntleted iron golem. The same issue with the strength of the iron remains. As much as adding the blue dust might help, it really just sort of sits there, and makes the iron harder to hold onto. By the time you think about using heat to change the iron first, your crafting time has run out. For now, you decide to do something else.
+33 Golem Animation exp
+ 10lbs of blue dust [30]

I pit the scorpion and the clownfish against each other, rewarding the scorpion whenever he attacks. When all the clownfish are dead, I dispose of the bodies and crown the scorpion 'Tiny Underwater Battlescorpion.'

In gaming terms: Craft scuba battlescorpion from scorpion and fish
You attempt to teach your scorpion how to swim. Until you realize the fish are floating outside of water in a stasis field. For the scorpion to truely become aquatic ready, you need some source of water to train it in. Not to mention if you awaken the clownfish without a controled liquid state around it, they will probably die instantly. A new plan is probably in order, or at least a new outlook on this one.
+34 animal training exp

Gather some wood dood!!!!!
You head out into the world of huts and dirt roads. A deep forest is visible in the distance, and you decide that finding wood there is probably more likely than randomly looking around in the village. So a short walk away and you will find some trees. Just a little walk. Maybe after a longer walk. Ok this is taking far too long, after a couple hours you seem to be no closer to the forest in the distance than before. Perhaps it is quite a distance from the village. You will have to rethink your transportation plans the next time you choose a destination. Eventually you return to the Aglaia empty handed.
+40 lumberjack exp

Buy the gold bars from group inventory, then combine them with the blocks and boulders to make a wall with a landscape mural carved into it.
Something must be in the air tonight, as you have difficulty with your own creation as well. The gold is maleable enough, but fusing it with the boulders and blocks is more difficult than you first expected. Trying a different tactic, you begin to plot out your mural, but cannot seem to decide if you want a gazebo to one side, or a small volcano. Eventually the time has expired, and your wall remains unbuilt.
+32 Masonry exp

Perhaps a new world will unlock more positive results:
A large ruined parking lot extends beyond the portal. A dull, oppresive haze covers the ruins of broken down vehicles. A long dead skeleton is stretched out over one car shell, the ribbons of a blue outfit barely remain bearing the number 13 in yellow on its back.

Group Inventory:

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 3, World 3, Day 1) New players welcome!
« Reply #265 on: August 14, 2011, 09:13:36 am »

Try making a statue of a monkey with golden eyes out of the bars, blocks, and boulders instead.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 14, 2011, 09:33:42 am »

Try to animate my glass golem.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 14, 2011, 02:29:38 pm »

Gather broken down vehicles.

Can't be too hard to get them if they're right there in the description!

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 14, 2011, 03:04:25 pm »

I bet you'll get in one to inspect it, and it will turn on and drive off with you still in it.

"Toaster is LOST!"
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 14, 2011, 03:29:21 pm »

I will search for roaches or other surviving insects.
*WHACK*
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28