Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 28

Author Topic: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 4, World 3, Day 2) New players welcome!  (Read 40628 times)

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 3, World 1, Day 2) New players welcome!
« Reply #225 on: August 07, 2011, 03:09:18 pm »

I think it's slightly unfair that I am in 5th cycle now, because I was sure that it's  possible to resign only after the end of cycle.

Hmm, I tend to agree with you. So here's what I'm going to do, if any of the other three want to volunteer to move to cycle 5, I will move you to their spot. Otherwise, I will make a contested d100 roll for each of the three, lowest roll switches with UR because of impatience.

And remember those of you in this and future cycles, you cannot sign back up until after I post that last day.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 07, 2011, 03:35:29 pm »

I think it's slightly unfair that I am in 5th cycle now, because I was sure that it's  possible to resign only after the end of cycle.

Hmm, I tend to agree with you. So here's what I'm going to do, if any of the other three want to volunteer to move to cycle 5, I will move you to their spot. Otherwise, I will make a contested d100 roll for each of the three, lowest roll switches with UR because of impatience.

And remember those of you in this and future cycles, you cannot sign back up until after I post that last day.

I guess you can have my spot. If you promise not to get too much influence, I want to beat you in the next cycle  ;)
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 07, 2011, 03:40:41 pm »

I guess you can have my spot. If you promise not to get too much influence, I want to beat you in the next cycle  ;)

You are in the current Cycle. XD not one of the three in cycle 4. I'd be wary to let anyone play in the same cycle twice in a row. I'm hoping I have enough active players to keep switching through.

The three this involves:
PyroDesu
Zaerosz
Weirdsound

Since they posted before the end they wanted back into the rotation.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 07, 2011, 03:48:19 pm »

Oh, right, wasn't really paying attention, sorry 'bout that.
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 07, 2011, 09:06:54 pm »

Buy the Philco 1950's Black and White Television with red mahogany stand and disassemble it.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 07, 2011, 09:47:03 pm »

Seriously?  Again?

Get out!

Thanks again Eagle!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 08, 2011, 11:17:26 am »

Yes, again. Was rather amused that you seem to be the one who gets lost quite a bit. x.X And Pyro thought his rolls were bad, heh.

Couple more hours waiting on firelordsky, He has until around 3pm my time today to post an action before he is skipped and fined this turn.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 08, 2011, 11:31:39 am »

Couple more hours waiting on firelordsky, He has until around 3pm my time today to post an action before he is skipped and fined this turn helps Toaster as his action.

Fixed that for you.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 08, 2011, 08:08:48 pm »

Oh sorry I had school

Gather
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 2, World 4, Day 3) New players welcome!
« Reply #234 on: August 08, 2011, 08:45:11 pm »

Holy crap, we can claim spots now, thought we had to wait until cycle was over. Put me back on the list.

I only jumped the gun because you didn't say no to the others and I didn't want to get stuck in UR's current positon. I think I should be excused from the roll-off, or at least get a bonus to my roll.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 08, 2011, 09:13:26 pm »

Hey, I didn't know and just wanted to get put back in! You never said no, so...
I only jumped the gun because you didn't say no and I didn't want to get stuck in UR's current positon. I think I should be excused from the roll-off, or at least get a bonus to my roll.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 09, 2011, 12:06:51 pm »

I think rolls is the best way and I think it should be used everytime between the cycles. By default every player will reenter and it's not very good to give better spots to the ones that read the ending post first.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 09, 2011, 02:42:02 pm »

Current World:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Gallery:
Player List:
Hibernating Creators:

Hibernation shuffle rolls: Pyro:59, Zaerosz:2, Weird:81
Therefore, Zaerosz moves to Cycle 5.

I help Toaster. Seriously, stop getting lost.
Sitting safely in the ship, you begin to meditate. Seeking out the lost Dylar with your powers you subtly tug him back towards the portal.
+23 to Toaster's escape roll.

Buy the Philco 1950's Black and White Television with red mahogany stand and disassemble it.
4 ( wow, people need to stop these critical fails on dissassembly. )
Purchasing the T.V. you stand it in the center of your work station. Clapping your hands, you begin to pull at the parts of the machine, in order to seperate it. Err, I mean you form a crowbar with your powers, and begin to pry open the box. ... Ok that's not working, it's sledge hammer time. With a massive crash, you smash into the T.V. Not even thinking that this might destroy it. Whatever gases and electrionics inside are destroyed, and for some reason you feel extremely euphoric, and continue to smash every last piece you find, pulverizing it into a fine dust, and leaving dents from your power created hammer in the floor of the ship. Afterwards you breathe heavily and feel a bit weaker from the exertion, but for some reason you think it might have been worth it.
+4 electrionics deconstruction exp
- a Philco 1950's Black and White Television with red mahogany stand [98]
- 95 influence (ouch that's a horrible roll for a fine )

Get out!
69-20+23=72
Ahh, it is so nice in here. You float in this calm and pleasurable liquid and gaze at the slightly greenish light filtering down through the plant walls above you. You could stay here forever. Hmm? What's that ringing in the back of your mind. Go away, I want to float and relax. Get out? Why? Wait... Where am I? You suddenly realize what has happened and where you are from Eldmor's Telepathic support. Anger bursts through you. You are a demigod. No mere plant will hold you. Shoving power outward you shoot from the plant like a rocket. Blasting the digestive juices everywhere and destroying most of the plant when you fly outward. Of course as soon as you are outside, the planet's lifeforms turn their anamosity towards you, cloaked in your powers, you burn everything that comes towards you and quickly retreat to the portal. You finally make it back dripping of plant goo, and covered with ashes of many different types of biological attack. But hey, at least you're alive and free.
+72 rocketeering exp

Gather
24 -20 (You didn't read what happened to toaster did you?)
As the other two finally rescue Dylar, you bravely head out into the world before you. The attacks begin instantly, thorns fly, a random bug the size of a large cow leaps at your head, and several porcupine looking things shoot two foot long needles at your neck that drip with poison. You desperately fend them off, trying to find something to gather, when you notice that something seems odd. Your vision is starting to blur, too late you realize you didn't filter your air with your powers, Some sort of see is growing inside your bloodstream, and you begin to quickly fight it off, but the result is almost instantanious. Your skin turns thicker, becomes a dark brown, and your feet sink into the ground, as your hands reach up and sproud leaves. Strong wooden structure replaces flesh and bone, and a massive Ironwood stands where Fuji Kawamura once did. You're mind is still there to try and revert with your powers, but your body is weakened from the transformation, and it may take a day or two to combat this, if it is even possible.
+4 forage exp
You are LOST! Your next turn will be to attempt to return to the ship. You may ask others to help you return with their actions. Note: if you are lost after the 3rd day on a world and the Aglaia leaves without you, you will be unable to return with this creator and will have to roll a new character.
-14 influence

Group Inventory:

Well, at least you got Toaster back. XD

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 3, World 1, Day 3) New players welcome!
« Reply #238 on: August 09, 2011, 05:32:33 pm »

Well, at least I won't have to help anyone next turn, new world and all.

Sigh, and help Fuji
*WHACK*

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 3, World 1, Day 3) New players welcome!
« Reply #239 on: August 09, 2011, 05:35:40 pm »

Well, nuts.

Help Fuji and put the turquoise pillar in the gallery.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 05:39:35 pm by TherosPherae »
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 28