Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 28

Author Topic: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 4, World 3, Day 2) New players welcome!  (Read 40511 times)

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 2, World 3, Day 3) New players welcome!
« Reply #180 on: August 02, 2011, 04:41:30 pm »

Current World:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Gallery:
Player List:
Hibernating Creators:

As the time for crafting grows near, Murdoc and Astor come to an agreement. One of Astor's singing toon swords is exchanged for around 8 gallons of Murdoc's gastric juice.

Capture more toons!
86-12=74
After your exchange is complete, you head out one last time into the world of toons. Walking around you find a large warehouse with crates labeled. 'ACME' Opening a few shows that these crates hold many packaged appliances. Toasters, vacuums, blenders, lamps, brooms, dustpans, egg beaters, etc. All complete with eyes, mouths, and sometimes even arms and legs. Most yawn a bit or yell loudly to close the lid when you open the crates. Deciding that this is good enough, you pick up more than a couple dozen of the crates with their toon cargo.
+186 Toon capture exp [levelup!]
+37 ACME toon appliance crates [12]

Murder the first Toon I see and gather its body!
58-20 (sorry, but I have to, read the description for why)
Rage fills your vision, you are determined to gather the corpse of a toon. Stomping through the portal you enter into toonworld and lash out with your powers. However, it is a simple fact of reality that toons are nigh impossible to kill. They bend, dodge, move unnaturally out of the way of everything you throw at them. But wait! You finally connect with a toon, it falls over on its back, and holds a flower against its chest while twitching a leg once, twice, or twelve times. However, once you approach to collect the 'corpse' it pops back up, giving you a huge sloppy kiss, then runs away happily. Frustration finally reaches the end point and moves past to simple depression, you slump your shoulders in defeat and move back to the ship. Praying to the lame god that a new world will end your gathering woes.
+38 Toon Hunting exp
(Don't give up man, just gather next turn, don't specify, and don't go let go of hope.)

Put the ring in the gallery.
Try AGAIN.
1 large corvette windshield [11]. Reshape it into a glass totem depicting a planet of some description.
You place the ring onto a pedestal in the gallery, and the routine blue light encapsules it.
~ Perfect Blue-Crystal Diamond Ring ~ [279] Tesson the Gemshaper (Zaerosz.cycle 2)
This is an elementally captured rain ring. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with a small and bright, diamond, and a blue crystal raindrop. it is encircled with bands of gold. This object is adorned with hanging rings of adamantine.
2 ... cRiTiCaL fAiL!
... Glass is not your thing dude. Trust me. The universe agrees. With a massive explosion the force fields of the Aglaia blink into existence to try and hold the collapse of the molecules released by the glass. You don't even remember what you did to cause such a thing, you were just trying to heat up the glass so it could be manipulated easier. The glass is now completely removed from existence as we know it, and a fine slip falls into your hands, sapping some of your powers before crumbling to dust.
-61 influence
+2 glass blowing exp
- 1 large corvette windshield [11]

Teach a dwarven ballad to one of the singing swords. Ballad is about legendary dwarven fortress - Boatmurdered
8+67+10=85
You take the singing sword out of it's boxed packaging and discard the box and packing. With some effort you manage to get the toon to stop singing long enough for it to listen and understand what you want. A bit of power behind your words and gaze and you begin to change the makeup of the toons behavior. Before long the rubber-like grey weapon is crooning out epic tales of burning elephants in magma, and billowing clouds of miasma.
+60 Mind Control exp
+ Boatmurdered(tm) toon songsword [85]
- boxed singing toon sword [20]

As the powers of the ship hum to life, every toon in the portal stops, looks in your direction and bursts out into one final goodbye song. Some of you are more than happy to say goodbye, but most of you find this last reaction quite creepy even as cheerful as it is. When the Aglaia finally shifts, you find a sigh of relief pass your lips.

New World:
Outside the portal you see a large vertical sink hole. Above you, the plant-covered cave walls extend up dozen feet or more, eventually opening to bright sky. A thin trail of water forms an impressive looking waterfall as a brook or stream empties into the darkness below you.

Group Inventory:
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 04:47:04 pm by Haika »
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 2, World 4, Day 1) New players welcome!
« Reply #181 on: August 02, 2011, 05:30:56 pm »

Undeadify the gore being if it isn't undead already, combine with toon appliances to create Toon Zombie Gorebot! Don't use all the appliances, set a few boxes aside for future projects.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 05:33:45 pm by Weirdsound »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 02, 2011, 07:21:02 pm »

Esel!

GATHER METAL
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 09:05:13 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 02, 2011, 08:05:12 pm »

Undeadify the gore being if it isn't undead already, combine with toon appliances to create Toon Zombie Gorebot! Don't use all the appliances, set a few boxes aside for future projects.

Need to know a specific amount of crates you are and are not using. saying 'set a few aside' doesn't really help. I'll randomly choose a number, but the more you split the more the influence is split. Just keep that in mind.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 02, 2011, 08:09:08 pm »

I'll keep three then.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 02, 2011, 08:52:19 pm »

aaaaaaaaugh.

Gather - mine for anything metallic or crystalline. Or carbon-allotropic.
くコ:彡

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 02, 2011, 09:00:28 pm »

Dip Boatmurdered(tm) toon songsword into one gallon of gastric acid and make the sword permanently acidic
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 02, 2011, 09:21:07 pm »

I want to build a fortress in that world, centered right there.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 03, 2011, 10:39:06 am »

Current World:
[/spoiler]
Gallery:
Player List:
Hibernating Creators:

I'll keep three then.
Right then, Gore humanoid. Let's stab it here... hrm, not dead. How about here? Here?? It's hard to tell if the creature isn't just enjoying as you brutally try to kill it with blasts, slashes and blunt force from your powers. It just stands there blurbleing normally, spitting blood and goo and who knows what else all around your workstation. The creature is far from what you are normally used to, so after a few more attempts, you decide to give up, and try something else tomorrow.
+12 Undead Cyborg Assembly exp

GATHER METAL
97 !! (about time you get something decent...)
68-44=24
Peering out into the cave, you form your powers into the shape of a parachute backpack and leap forward. Floating down to the bottom, you examine the rocky walls in the darkness. You want metal, and nothing is going to stop you. Your eyes glow with pent up power from all the toon foolishness, and you lash out at the rock spraying it around you like it was nothing more than sand. Huge boulders crumble under your fingertips as you claw your way into the strata. Before long a reddish-orange metal appears, and you quickly excavate it, and feeling so happy to have finally found something, your power even smelts the ore into easily workable metal bars that you return with to the ship, you even end up bringing back a fair bit of rock and dust as a by-product.
+194 mining exp [levelup!]
+24 copper ingots [44]
+ 10 piles of limestone dust [54]
+ 5 limestone boulders [91]

Gather - mine for anything metallic or crystalline. Or carbon-allotropic.
You decide you want to go mining like Neco, but arn't really into base jumping. You decide to carefully climb down from the portal. However when you get down there, the blast of power and flinging rocks from Neco's digging really distracts you. So much that you spend most of the time shielding yourself from flung pieces of cave, and you return unhappily to the ship.
+43 mining exp

Dip Boatmurdered(tm) toon songsword into one gallon of gastric acid and make the sword permanently acidic
27+37+1+42=107
You ponder acidifying your songsword. Just dipping it into the acid wouldn't do much. Toons are pretty indestructable, but the screams at the very least would be disturbing. So you imbue both objects with your power, to try and force them to fuse. And it actually works the first time you try it, the acid is absorbed by the songsword, who turns a darker shade of brown-green. It's voice gets much MUCH deeper, and the face on the blade looks like it is starting to sweat nasty dropletts of what must be acid. It is now an even more formabitle weapon.
+76 chemical enhancement exp
+ 1 Boatmurdered(tm) acidic, toon songsword [107]
- 1 gallon of gastric Acid [3]
- Boatmurdered(tm) toon songsword [85]

Group Inventory:

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 2, World 4, Day 2) New players welcome!
« Reply #189 on: August 03, 2011, 11:09:29 am »

FINALLY! WORKABLE METAL!

Für die Liebe Gottes, dauerte es lange genug ...

GATHER again.

I'm not wasting a world that I know has mineral riches I can exploit! Besides, metal ain't the only thing I can use!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 06:48:34 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 03, 2011, 11:27:59 am »

Put Boatmurdered(tm) acidic, toon songsword in gallery.  (107 may be a bit low for the gallery, but I don't want to risk with further crafting)

Mix two gallons of gastric acid, 4qts of pastel lavender paint [89] and 1/2 gallon of windshield wiper fluid [68] in an attempt to make stronger acid
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 03, 2011, 11:48:21 am »

Eh. I've gotta try again. Don't want to finish the cycle with only one real creation.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 03, 2011, 02:32:37 pm »

Try again.
くコ:彡

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 03, 2011, 04:14:17 pm »

Haika, I think that current influence system doesn't reward crafting complex items, in fact it penalize complex creations with a lot of components.

Look, for example, player buys 1 influence item from the group storage and successfully crafts something out of it. He gets final item worth rolls + 1 influence, then he sells finished item to gallery\storage and his profit = -1+rolls+1 = rolls

Another situation: player buys 100 influence item(s), crafts something of it, he get final item worth rolls + 50, then he sells that item and his profit = -100 + rolls + 50 = rolls - 50

And another situation: players buys a lot of items with 500 influence worth, he crafts something cool out of it, then he sells it to the gallery. His profit = -500+rolls+250 = rolls - 250. But as far as I understand rolls can't get bigger then 200, so the player can't profit here

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 03, 2011, 06:44:55 pm »

I understand what you are saying here. To get truly complex items you need to craft them yourselves, and run the risk of lowering the value of your construction. My advice is to next cycle perhaps, start simple, and combine together one at a time, making smaller components into eventual large ones. But you don't want to add something with low influence to the item, as that increases your chances of lowering the influence of the final item.

For example, and advanced job would have been to disassemble that car, then reassembling it, with using something else from the group storage at the time, to put together the pieces. Like the paint, or the concrete. Take the hubs and wheels to put it together, then take the frame and paint it lavender, then add the lavender frame to the wheels, and so on, increasing your amount of influence with luck each time. You don't want to add the paint to the frame with one action, then add the wheels, then add the hubs, and so on, you want to build on each block you create, instead of just adding to a wall, you have to make a pyramid.

Also, the disassemble action alone is a great way to get multiple items from a single purchase or gather. Too many people search for base items or specify with 'metal' or 'rock' or 'corpses'. General Gather actions can end up finding much more varied things.

Note: disassemble does not mean spliting a stack of bars. It means taking an action to seperate an item into many smaller parts. This results in more items with usually more influence than the base amount. For example, you had 3 singing swords. at like 60 some influence. Just using one sword gives you 19-20 influence, so a crafting bonus of 10 for your item. However, if you had taken the sword items, and disassembled it you could have gotten some red tissue paper, cardboard boxes, possibly even hilts, crossguards, toon faces, blade edges, or if you were really getting abstract, the music from each sword. While each item can only have a max 60 influence set on it, once the rolls are determined for each item, the chances are the total will be more than the original item.

The current system does try to promote a pyramid method of crafting, instead of someone just gathering and keeping everything until they have 10 items, and then saying, I craft it all together. I think of it as being more realistic, as putting together something piece by piece over time, makes more sense than shoving everything together instantly.

Think of it like a house of cards. It's much easier to connect three cards together, then connect two sets of three and build up from there, than to try and set the whole house up from the start.

That's a bit wordy, and now I'm typing a novel, but hopefully this helps some. If you have ideas for how to change the system to make it better, I'm all for suggestions.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 28