Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28

Author Topic: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 4, World 3, Day 2) New players welcome!  (Read 40446 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 2, World 2, Day 3)
« Reply #150 on: July 29, 2011, 03:10:14 pm »

Try again, but be sure to leave enough metal to make a plate that can cover the bottom of the tube, plus a small pin.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 2, World 2, Day 2)
« Reply #151 on: July 29, 2011, 03:16:05 pm »

Shape one into a mortar tube, making sure to fold it 2 times over itself...

Forgot to clarify this last time, since you failed the roll anyway. But did you still want to use only one of the 2 plates? It would half the amount of influence listed for use with the plates if you seperate them.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 29, 2011, 04:43:16 pm »

1 and a half, probably, leaving the other half for the baseplate and firing pin.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 29, 2011, 07:09:10 pm »

Try AGAIN. I refuse to be foiled by anything even vaguely crystalline!
くコ:彡

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 30, 2011, 01:17:34 am »

Lets go with a plain old gather this time.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 30, 2011, 03:54:55 am »

Put both weapons into the gallery

Buy  4 chrome rims [99]

Craft a set of serrated chrome discs
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 30, 2011, 10:09:05 am »

Current World:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Gallery:
Player List:
Hibernating Creators:

Try again,
Shape one into a mortar tube, making sure to fold it 2 times over itself...
9 ... I think ranger has pictures of you with the RNG's daughter, and it is taking things out on you.
You dream that you make the greatest mortar tube you can imagine, but for some reason you thought it was a good idea to try it out, using a power formed missile. The resulting explosion destroys the metal you used to make the mortar, and throws you a good 30 feet away into the wall of your work station. When you wake up, you feel some of your power waning, and the liscense plates are gone. It takes you a moment to realize that at least part of the dream was real, since the plates are no longer in existance.
+9 metal shaping exp
-93 (... see above about hate from the RNG, the only time you roll high, and it's for an influence fine. ouch man, ouch. )
- 2 metal license plates [47]

Try AGAIN.
1 large corvette windshield [11]. Reshape it into a glass totem depicting a planet of some description.
Maybe if you hit the glass with a stronger hammer?? Of course all this does is shatter the glass into many small shards. Whatever it was you were missing, this isn't it. You carefully return the shards together with your powers, and ponder the issue at hand. You actually seemed to do better last time, but this 'glassworking' stuff, is frustrating. Maybe it's time to take a look elsewhere for a project while you think over your plans.
+37 glass blower exp

Put both weapons into the gallery, Buy  4 chrome rims [99], Craft a set of serrated chrome discs
Into the gallery go the two crafted weapons. The blue stasis light encapsules each one.
~ Molded Gasoline Flame Thrower ~ [195] Astor the weaponsmith (Ukrainian Ranger.cycle 2)
This flame thrower is made from reformed and molded pieces of disected car parts. The main of the tank is a gastank from the vehicle, and the hose leading to the metal nossle is a long fuel line. Complete with straps to hold the tank on the back of it's user, this weapon is great for roasting marshmallows with only a small amount of gasoline flavor.
~ Heavy Laser Tripod Mounted Little ol' Number ~ [262] Astor the weaponsmith (Ukrainian Ranger.cycle 2)
This automated defense turret is mounted on a two foot tall three-legged tripod. The main body is a red box, with a weapon muzzle sticking out of one side. The turret has a guidance system that rivals the best tracking ever invented, and somehow it was made from a simple laser rifle, and a car radiator. You should be very glad it is safely here in the gallery, where it cannot be pointed at you.
+457 influence
You then purchase the chrome rims from the corvette. (-99 influence)
91+82+50=223
Lining your middle and index finger with your powers, you carefully begin to cut along the edges of the rims. A snip here, and a snip there, produces a very sharp serrated edge. A little smooth tweaking of the hole in the center, and the newly sharpened and cut blades are ready to be thrown or installed into a weapon that could make good use of them. Or maybe one could trick out their rotating saw and do some fancy carpentry. Either way, the resulting chrome blades are rather impressive.
+80 metal cutting exp
+ 4 shiny chrome serrated blades [223]
- 4 chrome rims [99]

Lets go with a plain old gather this time.
Being pleased with your other collections, you head back out into the gore infested disgusting world. You walk a ways, trying to find something just good enough to have more interest than random gore laying around. As you are wandering, something changes. All the humanoid gore stops, and turns to you. Several eyes within the gore, swivel, and focus on your location. Your senses as a mage are screaming at you to get out of here NOW. You race back to the ship, as everything around you begins to heave and move like a giant slug waking up. Bile, and acid spews everywhere as the very landscape begins to fold in on itself trying to trap you and disgest you as food for this abnormal world. You struggle to make it back, and manage to slip through the portal gasping for breath, and patting at acid etched holes in your clothing.
+34 forage exp

Just as Murdoc manages to return, large tentacles of blood and gore begin to reach for the portal. Dangerous sounding alarms and red lights flash all around, and a massive white laser cuts a gore tentacle off as it reaches through the portal to try and grab anything it can. Luckily the fleshy assult only lasts a bit longer, as the whole of the ship lurches, and you feel a powerful current run through the decks. The image in the portal flickers, and then changes, as the Agalia moves to a new dimension.

New World:
"Smile, darn ya, smile!
You know this old world is a great world after all,
Smile, darn ya, smile!
And right away watch lady luck pay you a call.
Things are never black as they are painted,
Time for you and joy to get acquainted.
So make life worthwhile
Come on and smile, darn ya, smile!"

The lyrics drift to your ears, and fit the scene in front of you quite well. Brightly colored objects move with extreme animation, every object has a face and is moving around singing this song. A large singing sign seems to dance in place, as the large bulky letters proudly exclaim: Welcome to ToonTown. Everything in this world looks like a cartoon, but seems to have physical mass.

Group Inventory:
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 10:11:32 am by Haika »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 2, World 3, Day 1) New players welcome!
« Reply #157 on: July 30, 2011, 10:18:59 am »

Aww crap. Not again. Emperor why have yo- screw that. He has no control over the random number gods... (Tzeentch, you will be crushed under the treads of a thousand Leman Russ tanks for this....)

Throw a pie into somebody's face then start gathering metal. Preferably STRONG metal.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 10:35:01 am by PyroDesu »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 30, 2011, 10:31:51 am »

I wish luck like this in my poker games :)

sell my serrated disks in group inventory

BTW shouldn't I get 457*2 influence for putting my precious machines of death in the gallery?

gather  weapons
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 30, 2011, 11:22:53 am »

Buy 1 steel corvette frame [50]. Use the space corpses as raw material to build around the frame and create an undead monster car!

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 30, 2011, 12:31:07 pm »

I wish luck like this in my poker games :)

sell my serrated disks in group inventory

BTW shouldn't I get 457*2 influence for putting my precious machines of death in the gallery?

gather  weapons

Yeah, I changed it to not give double, after I realized I hadn't been giving out double for like 3/4 worlds back in cycle 1. >.> So the gallery gives the same amount as group storage, but you get a description, it's there forever, and others cannot destroy it.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 30, 2011, 05:08:05 pm »

aaaaaaaaugh.

TRY AGAIN.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 30, 2011, 05:46:27 pm »

aaaaaaaaugh.

TRY AGAIN.

Sorry, but you can only repeat the same action once, then you must choose another action. Part of the rules.

5. Repeated attempts at failed items are only allowed once. After that the ship will become bored with you, and require a different action.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 30, 2011, 06:01:04 pm »

Dear RNG gods, I humbly ask you, please, be kind with PyroDesu. I want more cool weapons in the gallery even if some will be crafted by others. Also, I ask you to punish others who make things not used for mass destruction because it's a waste of crafting talents

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 30, 2011, 10:13:20 pm »

ugh.
fine.
Buy 1 gallon brake fluid, extract the carbon from it and make diamonds with it. Keep the leftovers.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28