Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 28

Author Topic: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 4, World 3, Day 2) New players welcome!  (Read 40431 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 2, World 1, Day 2)
« Reply #120 on: July 24, 2011, 03:26:56 am »

Gather again
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 24, 2011, 03:35:58 pm »

Still waiting on actions from Geen, and Mcclay.

If geen dosen't post something by midnight tonight when I do the rolls, he will be set into hibernation, then Zae will get a chance if he wants to join.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 24, 2011, 05:00:33 pm »

Sorry about the missed turn. :(

Get cicadas, then craft them into a cicada with 10 heads and a massive body

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 25, 2011, 08:04:09 am »

Yeah, funny story, I forgot all about this game until like five minutes ago, and then I thought it was my turn. Panic averted but holy shit I thought I was about to miss my chance.
くコ:彡

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 25, 2011, 12:33:31 pm »

Yeah, funny story, I forgot all about this game until like five minutes ago, and then I thought it was my turn. Panic averted but holy shit I thought I was about to miss my chance.

Glad to see you're still active at least. :) And hold onto that thought. Since Mcclay is now on thin ice as well. We could still have someone get removed and leave an open spot for you.

Rolls soon. :)

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 25, 2011, 12:57:27 pm »

Current World:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Gallery:
Player List:
Hibernating Creators:

Pick out the space corpse in the best shape. Rip the entrails out of all the other stiffs and meld them as tentacles to the main subject. Animate as a constriction based hunter.
You decide to put your corpses into an new creation. Firstly you need one of them that is decent enough to augment with the others. However this is a difficult task. The corpses you collected are heavily frozen, and have been in outer space far too long for easy entrail removal. You spend most of the crafting time, heating your bodies up to room temperature to find out wich ones are in the best shape. The smell is quite lovely....
+29 abomination construction exp

Gather again
38+10
You head out into the ship again, thinking that there must be more to find and bring back to the Aglaia. However upon leaving the portal something feels strange. The giant semi-transparent being floating in the 'sky' of the beach room has taken notice of you. The echo of whale song fills your head, confusing your senses. You stand in a dumbfounded state as the space whale tries to communicate with you. Eventually the creature gives up and returns to swiming idly in it's room, but you feel so shaken from the experience that you forget about gathering and return to the safety of the Aglaia.
+48 forage exp

Get cicadas, then craft them into a cicada with 10 heads and a massive body
You purchase the cicadas from group storage, and feel some of your power being taken in exchange.
4+39+48=91
Taking your newly bought insects you bring your mind, and your powers to bear. The strange humming noise they create is dulled briefly as you begin to fuse the bodies of each creatue together. Using the parts from several of them, you inflate the creature like a balloon, keeping each individual head intact as you increase its size. The final product is a 10 headed creature, about the size of a small hippo. You happily return your creation to your inventory, and start thinking about your next project.
+81 bio fusion exp
+ one 10-headed giant cicada [91]
- 10 live Cicadas [96]

Regaulius meanwhile is quite surprised at seeing Astor bring back a Laser Rifle. It may not be the same type as the space marine tech is used to, but it's still far more familiar than anything else he's seen since waking up. His mind reels at the possibility that this ship may one day connect to his own world and time. The implications of being able to have these godlike powers in your home world, leave him stunned and unmoving. Eventually a small klaxon reverberates from his work station, and the Aglaia takes some of his powers to compensate for the lack of activity.
-66 influence.

Group Inventory:

Ok guys, that's 2 of you one thin ice now. Neither Mcclay or Geen can miss another day, or I will be dropping them from the game. I have to be strict about this, so as to keep things moving nicely, and giving everyone a chance to play multiple cycles.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 2, World 1, Day 3)
« Reply #126 on: July 25, 2011, 01:20:51 pm »

Gather any nearby materials.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 25, 2011, 01:26:22 pm »

Gather.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 25, 2011, 01:40:41 pm »

sell 1 steel mesh window screen [17]
Buy  1 pristine cherry red '79 corvette [100]
Disassemble pristine cherry red '79 corvette for useful parts
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 25, 2011, 09:54:33 pm »

Don't know if this is necessary, but BUMP!

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 25, 2011, 10:29:28 pm »

Don't know if this is necessary, but BUMP!

Heh, if you wanted to play, you probably should have let this run fallow a bit longer. In any case, feel free to give me an action. If I don't get something from Mcclay by around noon tomorrow he's dropped, and you are in.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 25, 2011, 10:31:06 pm »

Alrighty then, in case mcclay is out, I'd like to buy the crystal raindrops and form them into a ring.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 26, 2011, 04:42:20 pm »

Current World:
Gallery:
Player List:
Hibernating Creators:

As the time to activate your powers draw near, you notice that while more stable, it seems your powers are still limited to only a couple hours each day. The systems of the ship may have been refuled, but your strength comes from a missing divine. You wonder how many cycles will be able to survive without him.

At that moment, an alarm sounds in Regaulius' work area, and a thin white mist covers the techmarine, and everything in his possession. A computerized female voice announces that he will be put into hibernation due to 'Power Apathy Failure' Whatever that means.

A small portal opens up in one wall, and Regaulius slides through it, as another crafter replaces him on a black metal-stone slab.

Gather any nearby materials.
88-95=1
You exit the ship planning to gather something nearby. There's plenty of what seems to be artificial sand in the beach room, along with water. But there is something much more interesting floating up above. However, confronting the telepathic space whale head on, seems rather dangerous, as it was shown yesterday. You however, are determined, and quietly creep along towards the massive beast. Blending your plant-like body into the foliage growing in the room, you get very close. Right before the strike with your powers you feel your mind gripped in an iron fist. One tiny eye swivels to focus, and the whale song echoes in the room. Whatever this whale is, it is not something to be trifled with. Your plant-like body shakes with primal fear, and for a moment you begin to doubt that you will survive this encounter. The gaze then softens, and a small purple thing latches onto your shoulder. Looking next to you, a small purple whale sits next to you with a happy little smile like expression. You are not sure what just happened, but it seems to want to go with you, so you return to the ship with it.
+58 collection exp
+1 baby purple space whale [95]

Gather.
31+10
You also head out into the ship. Looking around you walk through the hallways filled with female crew members. The spaceship seems to be on high alert. Something about a 'black moon' having just destroyed a planet outside, hence the wreckage you were able to gather corpses from. However, other than that, this ship doesn't seem to have a morgue, and you can't find anything useful like a storage room. Eventually you decide to return to the Aglaia, and perhaps fiddle with some of the corpses you already have.
+41 forage exp

sell 1 steel mesh window screen [17]
Buy  1 pristine cherry red '79 corvette [100]
Disassemble pristine cherry red '79 corvette for useful parts
You return the screen to the group storage, and turn your sites to the corvette. There are many parts that are usable on a car like this, and with the quality of it, you decide that taking it apart should give you a good amount of usable materials.
92 (woot, crit, hope you like car parts)
You snap your fingers and your clothing turns into a typical mechanic's overalls, and a large power-fueled metal saw appears in your hands. With a wicked grin, you attack the red vehicle. Parts go flying everywhere. You skillfully and elegantly disassemble the car like a bad nightmare of Johhny 5. Your body seems to almost move on it's own. Smoothly and effortlessly you sort of fade from consciousness and when you return, every part of the car is laid out before you. Even more than you can carry, and several items spill over into group storage.
+184 mechanical separation exp [levelup!]
+4 rubber goodyear tires
+4 chrome rims [99]
+4 wheel hubs [50]
+4 vehicle breaks [36]
+1 gallon brake fluid [65]
+one steering column [64]
+one steering wheel [98]
+1 large corvette windshield [11]
two windshield wipers [79]
2 car door windows [41]
2 car doors [41]
1 large bent rear window [70]
two headlights [45]
2 metal license plates [47]
2 side view mirrors [37]
one cherry red hood [43]
1 large piston-based engine [49]
1/2 gallon of windshield wiper fluid [68]
1 large gas tank [80]
10 gallons of premium gasoline. [13]
2 red brake lights [49]
12 various tubes and plastic parts [90]
2 leather covered seats [99]
1 am radio [22]
1 large metal radiator [91]
about 3/4 of a gallon of radiator fluid [39]
1 steel corvette frame [50]
3 pieces of cherry red fiberglass car body [34]
25 various scrap pieces of unknown use [42]
You are able to retain 8 items in your personal inventory, filling it. While the rest go into group storage, and you glow powerfully with the amount of energy it produces for you.
+ 1129 influence :o (This is rather extreme even for me, but I decided before this turn that anyone who takes the car apart would get an overflow like this, and you did roll a crit. Since the car got a perfect 100 for it's influence roll, all the influences of the parts can be almost as good. And I'm sure there are more parts I didn't list, not really a car expert, but figured this was plenty.)
Note: your inventory is full, you need to either craft or remove items into group storage to gain any new items.

Alrighty then, in case mcclay is out, I'd like to buy the crystal raindrops and form them into a ring.
Waking up from hibernation you groggily look around. It doesn't take you long to figure out what's going on, and you get right to work. Purchasing the crystal raindrops from group storage, you feel a bit of your powers wane, and you start work.
What seemed so simple before, is much more difficult than you thought. These raindrops are no ordinary crystal. Looking at them closely, each one swirls with a glow of internal power. Looking deep inside gives the impression of being swallowed up by a massive whirlpool. They almost seem fluid and move a bit in your hands as you hold them. The whole experience is fascinating. You end up spending your time for crafting today experimenting and enjoying the strange raindrops.
+47 elemental jeweler exp

As the time for this world ends, the portal shimmers and shifts. And a new world is visible through the gateway.
Through the portal you see a room that at first glance seems like a typical school classroom. With one big difference. Every surface is covered with gore. More than just covered, every surface is made out of these things. Blood. Guts. Putrid yellow pus. Bulging stomachs and bladders. Various pumping organs. Occasional gouts of disturbingly vague fluid. The shape of the room is still there. Desks, chairs, chalkboard, door to the hallway, walls, floor, ceiling, but they are barely recognizable in the mess. The scene is disgusting, and a bright orange light appears above the portal, signifying that the ship is containing the stench.

Group Inventory:

Whew, what a turn. Not sure what mcclay was thinking, he posted yesterday in the Eagle's thread. But either way, we have to move on. :) Enjoy the new world, heh.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 04:49:47 pm by Haika »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 2, World 2, Day 1)
« Reply #133 on: July 26, 2011, 06:15:41 pm »

Gather nasty stuff

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 2, World 2, Day 1)
« Reply #134 on: July 26, 2011, 07:33:16 pm »

Eeeeeeeeugh. No way in hell am I going out there. Try again.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 28