Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28

Author Topic: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 4, World 3, Day 2) New players welcome!  (Read 40485 times)

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 1, World 4, Day 1)
« Reply #90 on: July 21, 2011, 04:10:23 pm »

Current World:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Gallery:
Player List:
Hibernating Creators:

Try to awake the cat.
Somehow it seems that making your sculptures alive is not your forte. You know that such is possible, your powers give you glimpses of others who may have done such before. However, being able to see someone else's result and replicating that result yourself are two different things. You pour power into the crystal cat, but no matter how much you put into it, the cat remains a lifeless piece of crystal. Even if carved into an interesting shape.
+20 golem animation exp

I'll high-five Toaster, put the glass back in group storage, and gather the crabs.
The broken window panes go back into group storage, and you head out through the portal that Titania opens up for you.
100 ... (I'm totally serious here:
78-80=1 (kinda not using this, due to crazy roll, but this is what it would have been)
You are tired of seeing animals and failing at capturing them. You are tired of getting only a few animals when you want to collect many for your own use. These thoughts spur your powers into an amazing feat. You chase a few of the crabs around a bit, and they burrow under the sand to escape. Irritated, you swear a few words, and form your powers into a massive scoop, and plan to just take them out of the sand. However, your powers overflow at that moment, and you black out.
When you wake up you are back in the ship, laying on a slab of the rock-metal that you first woke up on, a worried Fae flitters around your head, and seems very relieved that you are awake. She tells you that after you 'gathered' you returned to the ship and promptly collapsed. You arn't sure what happened, but looking at your station and the mirad of items there, makes you wonder. You also feel lingering power left over from your adventure.
+200 forage exp [levelup, twice]
+ 1 colony of neon blue crabs(about a dozen crabs of various ages and sizes) [80]
+ around 2 metric tons of white beach sand [67]
+ 17 broken and bleached sea shells [24]
+ 62 gallons of salty seawater [91]
+ 9 tropical clownfish [76]
+ 77 assorted jungle plants (vines, groundcover, trees) [64]
+ 1 metric ton of black topsoil [8]
+ 1 very surprised looking jaguar [48]
+89 bonus influence!
NOTE: Your inventory is now full, you must give some items to other people, or to group storage to gather. Anything extra you obtain until then, will automatically go into group storage.

Get both 2x4s, give one to Eagle, and craft the other into an intricate wooden holder for the gauntlets.Something like a pair of forearms to display them on.
You purchase the 2x4's from group storage and plan to give one to Eldmor as thanks for helping you last turn, however the inventory of the breeder is full, so the item overflows back into group storage. He does however gain the 17 influence for putting it in there.
Working with wood requires skill with tools, and good quality lumber to create what you wish to make. A single 2x4 is good for making simple projects, however, the material of pine is a rather light wood. And you thought it might be a good idea to try and reinforce it somehow. Planning over your cuts and measurements in your head before you do anything seems like the best plan. However, it seems that some of the lingering effect of being lost in the gravitational pull of a black hole has muddied your mind some, and it takes far to long to get yourself focused on your work, and time runs out before you make the first cut.
+19 carpentry exp
+ one pine 2x4 [17]

Group Inventory:

-----

Damn that was a nice roll. XD
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 1, World 4, Day 2)
« Reply #91 on: July 21, 2011, 04:14:53 pm »

Try again.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 21, 2011, 04:31:09 pm »

:o

I'll design a comedy act for a mammoth, 3 geckos, a bunch of crabs, and a jaguar, and teach it to them. I'll call them "Eldmor's Vertebrates And A Bunch Of Crabs"

I'll also sell all non-animal stuff.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 21, 2011, 08:23:27 pm »

I'm preparing a character, as the cycle is nearing it's end.
Ok, here it is!
------------------------
Name: GE-6S3-B82
Bio: A crafter from the planet D'Cartu 15, the homeworld of a race of highly-advanced space plants know as M'Culoo to other civilizations. His designation is a Bio-crafter, a genetic-engineer of sorts. He is to create organisms needed to assist the work & security of his local Novaship port. He is loyal to the Hydro-lords, the government of the M'Culoo, but is rather mischievous at times.
------------------------

How'd I do?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 08:40:12 pm by Geen »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 21, 2011, 09:51:00 pm »

Blech.

Gather.

I'll think of something.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Now accepting Players for Cycle 1)
« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2011, 09:51:53 pm »

Damn. I was about to join. Can I still join? If so:

Name: Dr. Geen McFuturton
profession: Served as a medic in the great war of 2345, afterwards became a scientist. He invented an extremely successful medicine which ended the Gurfernitis epidemic of 2380. In 400, he started his own company, Geenco.The company mainly does work for the military and the transport industries.

I'll put you down for the next cycle Geen. I hope you'll still read and post thoughts from time to time. If no one drops out, the 2nd cycle should be in about 2 weeks.

Geen:
Dr. Geen McFuturton the Medic.
Apothecary [5/100]

Gather metal would have a small modifier, because any specifics on a gather action cause such. But since this world got a 99 on the roll, it's going to be very VERY easy to find what you want. So I doubt I will add it this time around.

Did you want the new one or the Old one Geen?

awesome, all actions are in. However I'm going shopping here in a bit for foods, so rolls will be in a couple hours yet.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 21, 2011, 10:09:29 pm »

Oh, forgot I made one. Whoops. I'll take the new one.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 22, 2011, 12:12:43 am »

Your new character then Geen:

Geen:
GE-6S3-B82 the Bio-crafter
Genetic Engineering 1 [0/100]

Hope that suits. :) Rolls soon.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 22, 2011, 12:55:48 am »

Current World:
Gallery:
Player List:
Hibernating Creators:

Try again.
Try to awake the cat.
31+72+151
Eureka! It's not the amount of power, it's the flow! Why didn't you think of this before. A simple tweak of your powers, and you fill the crystal cat with life. The awaking of a new golem is impressive. Tiny pieces of crystal flake off at the joints every time it moves, but the magic of animation keeps the crystal being from loosing any mass. The only issue now is getting fuel to keep it alive. Like any life form it now has to consume some power source to survive in the form of food. For now however, you happily put it into stasis and beam at your success.
+72 golem animation exp [Levelup!]
+ Crystaline Cat Golem [151]
- Crystal Feline Figurine [97]

I'll design a comedy act for a mammoth, 3 geckos, a bunch of crabs, and a jaguar, and teach it to them. I'll call them "Eldmor's Vertebrates And A Bunch Of Crabs"

I'll also sell all non-animal stuff.
87+83+49+53+40+24=336
So, a Mammoth walks into a bar, and is greeted by the Jaguar bartender. "I'd like a ice age cooler please." The jaguar tells the mammoth they have a special promotion going on, that all groups of animals get their drinks half off. A group of three Gekos acting very drunk in a booth to one side is pointed out as an example. "Ok then, I'll take the discount." Says the Mammoth. The jaguar looks around puzzled and asks, "Where's your group?" The Mammoth lifts one large hairy leg and shows the neon-blue crabs clinging to it's hairy belly and says, "Looks like I've got crabs." ... The act ends with a ba dum tshh, from somewhere. Not the best joke in the world, but getting all the animals to act it out is a pretty impressive feat. However for it to truely work, the animals must always be together, like a bad reality show they all now live in one location.
+68 comedy director exp
+ 1 Eldmor's Vertebrates And A Bunch Of Crabs(EVAABOC for short) [336]
- one Male Wooly Mammoth [99]
- 3 tiny tetra gekos [106]
- 1 colony of neon blue crabs(about a dozen crabs of various ages and sizes) [80]
- 1 very surprised looking jaguar [48]
Afterwards, you dump everthing else except your animal routine and clownfish into group storage, netting you a huge influence boost.
- around 2 metric tons of white beach sand [67]
- 17 broken and bleached sea shells [24]
- 62 gallons of salty seawater [91]
- 77 assorted jungle plants (vines, groundcover, trees) [64]
- 1 metric ton of black topsoil [8]
(total influence gain = 254)

Gather.
69+10+1=80
58-43=15
You leave the ship, and walk along the beach. Avoiding the massive crater in the sand left by Eldmor's last excursion, you continue along looking for something that might catch your eye. Before long you see something in the distance that might be exactly what you are looking for. A small fishing boat has run aground and been left in a cove not far from the portal. It looks to be fairly stripped of anything useful, but the metal hull is in fine condition. Augmenting your strength, you tear apart the ship, and manage to salvage about a dozen large I-beams. You hum a happy little tune about a 3 hour tour as you bring them back to the ship.
+80 scrapyard exp [levelup!]
+ 15 Steel I-beams [43]

After Dylar returns, Titania closes the portal. She looks in on each of you in turn, and mentions that tomorrow is the last day they have for crafting this cycle. You are reminded that everything in group storage will be used for fuel, and items you have in personal inventory will stay with you until you awaken once more.

Group Inventory:
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 01:00:07 am by Haika »

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 1, World 4, Day 3)
« Reply #99 on: July 22, 2011, 03:51:25 am »

Get around 2 metric tons of white beach sand from group inventory to feed the cat and bring it to gallery. Call it "The Crystal Huntress." Try to wake the human up too* and if failing on that try to awake just one hand, so it can wave it.

*As a non-sentient being

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 22, 2011, 11:31:08 am »

Get around 2 metric tons of white beach sand from group inventory to feed the cat and bring it to gallery. Call it "The Crystal Huntress." Try to wake the human up too* and if failing on that try to awake just one hand, so it can wave it.

*As a non-sentient being

You don't actually need to feed the cat. that's just flavor text.

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 22, 2011, 12:21:12 pm »

*As a non-sentient being

You don't actually need to feed the cat. that's just flavor text.

Then just ignore that.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 22, 2011, 12:53:30 pm »

Does this game have Free Crabs?

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 22, 2011, 04:04:39 pm »

I'll put EVAABOC in the gallery, and let the clownfish breed till they die from exhaustion.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 22, 2011, 09:12:30 pm »

Just waiting on Toaster's action to finish up this cycle.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28