Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28

Author Topic: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 4, World 3, Day 2) New players welcome!  (Read 40607 times)

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 1, World 1, Day 1)
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2011, 10:49:11 am »

Go into the building and acquire some pineapples, strawberries, dark chocolate, lemons, sugar and cream. Also claim the Cool Whip.

This is one of the few worlds in which I have the advantage.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2011, 12:56:42 pm »

Go into the building and acquire some pineapples, strawberries, dark chocolate, lemons, sugar and cream. Also claim the Cool Whip.

This is one of the few worlds in which I have the advantage.

I'm going to give you the option to change this action. As, while it is possible to request so much out of a single gather action. I will tack on a negative for each specific item you request. When you request a single item it is usually a -10, the first one will probably be skipped in this world, but the next one after that would be -10, after that, -15, after that -20, so with multiple requested items in you quickly reach the point of no possible success. At first I thought maybe I would just say no, under the rule about making multiple items, but I think this is probably a fairer way for people to request a couple things gathered at a time.

I'm not sure if I had high world numbers as good, or low ones before. But when I got a 99 I knew I needed something special, so this time around I went with it being good, just like an attempt roll.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2011, 01:28:54 pm »

I will find out if the shop sells pets, and acquire one in any way possible.
Gather pets
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2011, 03:26:04 pm »

Fine, I'll settle for the general term Gather food.

But I still want my Cool Whip.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Now accepting Players for Cycle 1)
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2011, 04:35:12 pm »

Ok starting up the rolls now. Also mcclay you added to the next cycle.

mcclay:
Regaulius the techmarine.
Exoskeleton Engineer [5/100]

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2011, 05:16:15 pm »

Current World:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Gallery:
Player List:

The four of you prepare yourselve to leave, but notice something that feels off to your newly empowered senses. Many parts of the ship seem to have been set up to emit light, and other control panels and such are dim and powerless. Parts of the ship seem cold and empty. You briefly worry about the portal itself when a small voice echoes from behind the portal itself.

Two tiny eyes peek out from behind the black material support near the portal, "Umm... you should hurry." A slim girl the size of a squirrel stands with an unsteady look on her face. She is wearing what looks to be a dress made of liquid glass, and four transparent butterfly-like wings are attached to her back. Closing her eyes for a moment, each one of you catch a small packet of what looks like green slips of paper that suddenly appears before you. "Use these... to buy... things." She opens her eyes again, "I can only power the portal for about two hours each day... so um... it would be better if you come back before then."

Not sure what to make of the tiny faerie, your senses tell you she can be trusted, so you enter the portal and begin your various searches.

Put me down for simple Gather Metal for the first turn, I guess.
Venturing into the store, you set your sights on trying to find some metal. Not really knowing what works, you find it very hard to find anything in a usable state, most of the materials like the carts being used by people are finished goods, and something inside tells you that they arn't good for crafting with as a base material. You wander about for a bit, then return to the portal worried that it might close behind you.
+26 scrapyard exp

Gather stone.
You find yourself in an even worse situation. While Dylar at least can see metal around him, finding something that looks like rock is very difficult. The ground outside is black and might be a rock, but you can find no way to split off a useable piece. Inside the store is even more confusing to you, with the many lights and bright packaging. Eventually you give up, and return to the ship as well.
+13 quarry exp

I will find out if the shop sells pets, and acquire one in any way possible. Gather pets
24+5
Most of the wares of the shop seem to be inanimate objects. Food, clothing, strange substances you've never seen before. Thinking about animals, you search for a bit, trying to use your empathic powers, but the chaos and noise of so many people disrupts your thoughts, and you also have trouble finding anything.
+24 trapping exp

Fine, I'll settle for the general term Gather food. But I still want my Cool Whip.
56-25=31
Food has to be the easiest item to find. As right inside the store a large section of the area is set aside to what looks to be vegetables. Not wanting to waste this chance, you copy the others shopping in the store by pushing one of the metal carts over to a large pyramid of displayed pineapples. You reach for one at the bottom of the pyramid not realizing how unsteady the support is. With a loud rumble, close to three dozen pineapples cover you as the display collapses. You sheepishly crawl out of the mess as one of the employees with a blue shirt comes over and shouts something in a language you don't understand. What he is probably saying is obvious though, so you try to appease him with the stack of green papers the fairy gave you before you entered this world. The man instantly stops yelling and smiles apologetically, and helps you gather all the pineapples up into your cart. He leads you over to a small desk with a machine of some sort on it, and pushing a few buttons he takes some of your green paper and waves a couple other people wearing the same blue shirts over, and they put the pineapples into plastic sacks. After the whole ordeal, you waddle back to the ship holding numerous of these bags, looking like a rather strange walking grape cluster.
+31 Pineapples [25]
+15 plasting shopping bags [42]
+90 foraging exp.
Finally back aboard the ship, you deposit your haul at your small station, and claim the 'coolwhip' from the group inventory. A small bit of your power is exchanged with the strange circular plate that holds the group items, and you feel a little weaker.

Once the last person returns through the portal, it shimmers and blinks out of existance like an old TV set turning off. You hear a tiny sigh, and notice the little fae slump down against the now empty archway and begin to tiredly sleep. It seems holding the portal open without the powers of the god is a tremendous strain.

Group Inventory:

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 1, World 1, Day 2)
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2011, 05:33:16 pm »

Question: Can we (players) trade items with each other?

Make a statue of human* as big as I can with all the stone I have.

*Which I will later (hopefully) wake alive with magic.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2011, 05:39:02 pm »

Yes you can trade with each other, but you need to put it as a sub action, from both parties, and then the items will be moved the next turn.

Also, you have no stone at all, so can't make any statues. The only one who successfully gathered anything was Kirby. Unless you want to spend some influence and use something from group storage.

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2011, 06:35:54 pm »

::) I don't know what was I thinking.

Try to get some stone again.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2011, 10:31:23 pm »

Egh.  I kind of hate to try again, but I guess I don't have any other great choice.

Gather Metal.

I was hoping for at least a little something.  Oh well.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2011, 11:30:14 pm »

Watching.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2011, 01:36:41 am »

More food, leaning for more berry-esque fruits this time.

Also shove the bags into group storage. I have no use for them.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2011, 05:06:27 am »

Name: Astor
Profession: weaponsmith
Bio: Just a generic dwarven weaponsmith
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 05:08:04 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2011, 10:27:08 am »

Well, on a world with no animals, I'll have to do with whatever I can find. Gather Anything
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2011, 12:58:30 pm »

I never said there wern't any animals, just that you didn't find any(because of the roll). :)

Ok, rolls coming soon, Ranger you're in.

Ukrainian Ranger
Astor the weaponsmith
Bladesmithing 1 [0/100]

Note: I'm retro-actively changing the introductory skills, so that you get at least a +1 from them. 5/100 exp was a bit too low methinks.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28