Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Slaughtersprayed - Ominously Named Community Succession Fort - Now Active  (Read 2962 times)

Charismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry about leaving everyone hanging, but I am having computer issues. First, I moved over to a new computer after I realized mine probably would'nt be out of place in a museum, as it was incapable of running Ironhand's tileset. ??? Anyway, settled in yesterday, got acquainted, but alas I f-ed up and forgot to get a motherboard with wi-fi built in. Just today I got a functioning adapter for my router, but it is currently 11:04 PM my time, and because where I live it's mid-June and about 80° in the shade, I can't use the computer because my family decided that the computer desk shares a room with the bastard child of a wind tunnel and blast chiller swamp cooler, I really don't want to go down there. That thing seriously drops the temperature about 20°.

If I don't start tomorrow, I'll gen the world, rewrite the OP, dorf those who claimed one first, and hand the save off to HorridOwn4ge. Sorry about delays.

EDIT:I'm going to let HorridOwn4ge swap turns with me- not used to dealing with aquifers. Save should be up as soon as I set up the world and dorf people.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 12:20:20 pm by Charismatic »
Oh, and I also found a second continent, "The Released Syrup-Continents". It houses "The Finger of Silkness". I think I died a little inside.

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sounds like the best way to do it XD
Dwarf Fortress: Your game is working on giving NPC's lives. Our game is working on giving them a working nervous system.
Aahhh I can't find the fish cakes in the bunny level, they keep getting enraged and I don't have any holy hand grenades
The Age of Myth: Goldenhold

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

:-[

Hell, it's about time.
Dwarf Fortress: Your game is working on giving NPC's lives. Our game is working on giving them a working nervous system.
Aahhh I can't find the fish cakes in the bunny level, they keep getting enraged and I don't have any holy hand grenades

Charismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't feel bad, Anubis, the embark has been picked, the dwarves have been dwarfed, the save is... well... saving, and Slaughtersprayed is in business! HorridOwn4ge will be getting it first, although you guys can check out the embark for later- Scorching Tropical Shrubland, Untamed Wilds, Little Soil, Shallow and Deep Metals. Should be !!FUN!!

EDIT: You silly goose, you've kept these people waiting long enough. Now link the file before they get the torches and pitchforks.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4687

EDITEDIT: Save is now clear of any weird raw file glitches.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 02:23:35 pm by Charismatic »
Oh, and I also found a second continent, "The Released Syrup-Continents". It houses "The Finger of Silkness". I think I died a little inside.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

*cracks knuckles* Let's get this show on the road!  :D
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

HorridOwn4ge

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is average nowadays...
    • View Profile

I'll start it up looks like a hella lot of fun.

Every time I tell it to start it says missing body definition TREELIKE how do I fix this?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 04:16:38 am by HorridOwn4ge »
Quote from: SmileyMan
I got fed up with my fortress, so I decided to kill everyone (abandon is for elves) with a cave-in.

OK, cave-ins were always pretty deadly, but with the new falling object damage they are downright brutal.  As far as I can make out from the logs, many people were killed by the flying bodies of other victims.  One baby's corpse ricocheted off three other people, two walls and the floor.

Charismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

:-[ Oops. I was toying with the raws and forgot to remove all my experimental crap. I was trying to create a body for a carnivorous tree... Sorry man, I'll remove that ASAP and reupload the save. [/facepalm]

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile

Those elves are just standing around living while we wait!

:P
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Charismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, folks. This save should work.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*glares at elves, who are presently hugging a tree and each other, while smiling*
EDIT: Sadly, I'm having the same problem as HorridOwn4ge.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 04:48:31 pm by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

HorridOwn4ge

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is average nowadays...
    • View Profile

Okay, folks. This save should work.

Is it your turn or my turn now, I'm confused.
Quote from: SmileyMan
I got fed up with my fortress, so I decided to kill everyone (abandon is for elves) with a cave-in.

OK, cave-ins were always pretty deadly, but with the new falling object damage they are downright brutal.  As far as I can make out from the logs, many people were killed by the flying bodies of other victims.  One baby's corpse ricocheted off three other people, two walls and the floor.

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think it would be best if we made another thread for the IC, and all the OOC would be here.  Also, do updates often, at every season at least.

For any of you who have read Syrupleaf (The sequel to headshoots)  The dwarves often wrote their own diaries from the non-overseer perspective.  So be sure to list any job changes!

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think it would be best if we made another thread for the IC, and all the OOC would be here.  Also, do updates often, at every season at least.

For any of you who have read Syrupleaf (The sequel to headshoots)  The dwarves often wrote their own diaries from the non-overseer perspective.  So be sure to list any job changes!
I agree, but the save is still messed up. I recommend that we just redo it from the beginning.  :-[
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Best way to send it is take the world file and send it in two parts by email.

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay.  We could get the story started.  I will post the IC, but in what section?

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=89188.0
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 07:33:48 pm by RabidAnubis »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4