Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Slaughtersprayed - Ominously Named Community Succession Fort - Now Active  (Read 2959 times)

Charismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Year is 750. In the Planes of Soul,no goblin armies muster. No dark and twisted demons rise from the infernal depths. No great battles rage. The world is flat, and calm, and dwarves and elves live in peace. Do you see the problem? Of course you do. Enter Kubuk Asttitthal. Along with six strangers, Kubuk struck out into the wilds, with a goal of eradicating the elves. Are you ready to enter Slaughtersprayed?

My first succession game, so simple rules:
1.Don't intentionally screw the fort to the point that it can't be saved unless things are getting boring.
1a.If the fortress, voluntarily or not, descends into unplayable fps or omnicidal madness, savescum is approved.
1b.Similarly, if anyone stops their turn because they find the fort unsalvageable, they can get a free turn whenever they want.
2.Keep the stone down to reasonable levels. If it's shredding the framerate it's being done wrong. Atom-smash, craft or magma what you don't need.
3. Notes are not required but appreciated, especially on important stuff (i.e. lava flood switch, critical supports, etc.).
4.Standard succession rules: 1 week for 1 year in-game. If you need more time, you can get a few extra days. Play until the 1st of Granite. If you get the save and it is on a different date, play until either 1st Granite or one year from the new date.

Turnlist:
1. Charismatic
2. HorridOwn4ge
3. Conan
4. electriger
5. RabidAnubis
6. Katana
7. The Master
8. Drifter
9. Karakzon
10. BodyGripper

Starting my turn now. There might be a bit of delay, as I'm switching over to a new computer within a week.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 12:07:17 am by Charismatic »
Oh, and I also found a second continent, "The Released Syrup-Continents". It houses "The Finger of Silkness". I think I died a little inside.

Conan

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm running out of stone!
    • View Profile

I want the third turn.

I'll be our sole axedwarf and broker.

Also I suggest trading wooden goods to the elves to add some more fun.

Charismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, putting you on the turn list now.Of course i'm going to give them wood. They're elves. I invented Slaughtersprayed to piss off, capture, execute, and generally destroy the elves. That is, after the world failed to create any terrifying sand deserts, which was my original plan.
Oh, and I also found a second continent, "The Released Syrup-Continents". It houses "The Finger of Silkness". I think I died a little inside.

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Look.  I'm the god of Egyptian embalming.  My tomb WILL be bigger than everyone elses.

But can I ask, how would I post the story.

To clarify a few things.

First off, will we write a story out of the game, like headshoots or boatmurdered did?

Second off, How would I send the replays to the next person.

Third off, as the god of embalmation I see it fitting that I be the mason, so I can make my tomb great.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 12:15:36 am by RabidAnubis »
Dwarf Fortress: Your game is working on giving NPC's lives. Our game is working on giving them a working nervous system.
Aahhh I can't find the fish cakes in the bunny level, they keep getting enraged and I don't have any holy hand grenades
The Age of Myth: Goldenhold

Conan

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm running out of stone!
    • View Profile

The replays? What do you mean?

Saves can be uploaded to mediafire.com or dffd.com.

electriger

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I'd like to take a turn.

HorridOwn4ge

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is average nowadays...
    • View Profile

I'll go second if you son't mind and I'll dorf myself.
Quote from: SmileyMan
I got fed up with my fortress, so I decided to kill everyone (abandon is for elves) with a cave-in.

OK, cave-ins were always pretty deadly, but with the new falling object damage they are downright brutal.  As far as I can make out from the logs, many people were killed by the flying bodies of other victims.  One baby's corpse ricocheted off three other people, two walls and the floor.

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah.  I meant saves.  -Facepalm-

Hopefully this fort turns out to be great!  I guess I'll go fifth. 
Dwarf Fortress: Your game is working on giving NPC's lives. Our game is working on giving them a working nervous system.
Aahhh I can't find the fish cakes in the bunny level, they keep getting enraged and I don't have any holy hand grenades

Charismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Any preference for your dwarf's profession, HorridOwn4ge?

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is 5 enough for a start?

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile

Katana, bone carver + swordsdwarf (skilled bone carver, skilled swordsdwarf, novice fighter, novice dodger) MALE please. I'll have a turn too.
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

WE ARE GOING TO END THIS FORTRESS WITH VALOR!

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

I'll have a go for sixth.

I'd like my dwarf if possible to be a miner, male.
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh yes, my dwarf will be named Anubis.

So what do we have so far?

Miner- (Master)
Mason- (Anubis)
Bonecarver and swordsdarf- (Katana)
Conan- Axedwarf & Broker

Drifter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would like a turn plz. This could be EPIC!
Quote from: saltmummy626
adamantine, the only material that can be honed to an edge so fine it can cut light, cleave steel like butter, and sever heads with the enthusiasm of a deranged bloodthirsty child.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4