Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do you guys want Magic, and Fantastical Creatures in this ?

Yes
- 5 (62.5%)
No
- 3 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Colonization:Colonizing the New World -Turn 8- Fields Completed, and Baskets!  (Read 6740 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Map of the Known World

Spoiler: Backstory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Starting Stocks (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Buildings (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Abbreviation Key (click to show/hide)

This post will be updated with future information.

This is a quick game I came up with that seemed like alot of fun, so come on, and join also you can name the 14 settlers that are here, but give them reasonable names please, and also this is a suggestion game keep that in mind also if you have any questions do ask.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 01:13:48 am by adwarf »

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Colonization: Story of Colonizing the New World
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 02:47:14 am »

Looks brilliant, count me in! especially as my one sucks so hard.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 02:48:33 am »

Looks brilliant, count me in! especially as my one sucks so hard.
I really don't want to make this a multiplayer game, but if people want me to I will. (Also I use ASCIIPaint for the maps since it is so much easier to make the maps with it)

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 02:52:35 am »

I always mistake suggestion games for multiplayer. Still i'll be involved :D

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 02:53:13 am »

I got some questions before I'd make a suggestion.
Sea water is probably undrinkable?
And those acronyms (probably) in the stocks spoiler are rather unclear.
Also, we might need shovels or pickaxes.
I suggest that we send 6 of them to plow 10 2x2 fields, so we could but stuff growing. It takes such a long time, that we'll need to start early.
The other 6 can go cut down some trees in the west.
Are we going to need water for these fields? They'll probably be have to made in the soil. So I think it'd be best if we'd place them in the largest area right north of the most west human.
EDIT: Damn... Three replies already. I see we have 2 more leftover. Perhaps make them set up tents in the northern clearing. On the grass.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 02:59:32 am »

I always mistake suggestion games for multiplayer. Still i'll be involved :D
Ah its fine since this will work as either, but I prefer suggestion since it will allow more freedom with building, and things like that.

I got some questions before I'd make a suggestion.
Sea water is probably undrinkable?
And those acronyms (probably) in the stocks spoiler are rather unclear.
Also, we might need shovels or pickaxes.
I suggest that we send 6 of them to plow 10 2x2 fields, so we could but stuff growing. It takes such a long time, that we'll need to start early.
The other 6 can go cut down some trees in the west.
Are we going to need water for these fields? They'll probably be have to made in the soil. So I think it'd be best if we'd place them in the largest area right north of the most west human.
1.) Sea Water is undrinkable
2.) A= Accuracy (That Number, and below are hits), D= Damage (This is definite so the number of the weapon, adn ammo (if there is some) combined is damage cause), GU= Gunpowder used per shot, SC= Shots Count (Number before empty), TC= Total Capacity (people wise), W= Warmth (Helps keep disease at bay), PR= People Required to carry it all ammo will have this, T= Turns Required before action is complete (Woodcutting, Plowing, ETC.)
3.)Ok adding now also their is a source of water in the forest somewhere (Only hint you will get)

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2011, 03:09:35 am »

Citizen Deadmeat volunteers to scout the forest! Westwards! for water and berries and such.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2011, 03:26:05 am »

Updating the map a bit right now I will have a turn up soon, and statuses for the civilians along with it.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2011, 04:05:25 am »

Turn - 1, Camp is Set, and Farming Begins

Not long after the settlers arrive on the New World the curious settler Dogmeat goes off to find a source of water, and other things for watering the fields that would soon be built. As he disappeared into the forest the women set off to plow fields for their grain, and to set up the tents for the camp. Meanwhile the men took their axes, adn set about felling some trees to use for various projects they would soon begin construction upon. As the settlers toil away four Hours pass, and the sun is higher in the sky than when the first arrived. (Two More Turns of Day left (Animals such as wolves prowl the forest at night beware))

Spoiler: Stocks (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Buildings (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Resource Gathering (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deadmeat, Settler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Settler 2 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Settler 3 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Settler 4 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Settler 5 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Settler 6 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Settler 7 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Settler 8 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Settler 9 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Settler 10 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Settler 11 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Settler 12 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Settler 13 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Settler 14 (click to show/hide)

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Excellent. I say we continue on doing what we are. Perhaps Deadmeat wants to return from the search and inform others of his discovery? I'd also like to claim a settler. Name him Ott.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok also I forgot to tell you that each forest tile contains 7 trees (So that you don't burn through them faster than light. If they get eaten throuhg to fast I will bump it to 12

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It seems the poll is 50 50 now (Who voted besides ott I wonder) so its a tie at the moment also I have added a couple of basic structures to the building list.

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think everyone's busy. Maybe inform if the current jobs are completed?
Also, I believe we could let Deadmeat, and that settler, who finished with the tents, find some flint on the beach, gather some sticks on the way back, and make a campfire in the middle of our tents.
Are multiple layers a possibility? I'm sure we'd need stone and metal and that can only be obtained through mining. Will there be a mine map, or just a hole on the main map to represent the mine?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 07:46:54 am by ottottott »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The logging, and plowing won't be done for a while as shown by their statuses, but yep Deadmeat, and the women who set up the tents are free also once you get some stuff thats tradeable you can send the ship back to sell stuff (Not sure how long I should make it take there)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think everyone's busy. Maybe inform if the current jobs are completed?
Also, I believe we could let Deadmeat, and that settler, who finished with the tents, find some flint on the beach, gather some sticks on the way back, and make a campfire in the middle of our tents.
Are multiple layers a possibility? I'm sure we'd need stone and metal and that can only be obtained through mining. Will there be a mine map, or just a hole on the main map to represent the mine?
Yep I will have multiple layers, so that building multiple floor buildings, or digging underground is possible (Please note though that you will need planks to make a porper mine, ro you risk it collapsing, and killing your miner.) Also working on a turn now.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5