Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: My third forgotten beast in my first truly good fort...  (Read 3486 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
My third forgotten beast in my first truly good fort...
« on: July 09, 2011, 12:50:34 am »

This fort has it all. Waterfall generator, happiness all around, two FBs killed, one siege averted singlehandedly by a dwarf.

Then came the third forgotten beast.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13790475/Shesam.png

I laughed it off at first. "Vomit? Haha! That's a liquid! It'll go down easy!"

My best fighter, Sigun Fencesounds the Rough Neutrality of Subtlety, was the only one caught in its vapors. It was then that I learned that it would not go down without taking someone with it.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13790475/Sigun.png

Oddly enough, Sigun isn't showing any sign of damage on the w screen when viewing; only when viewing with Z does all this show up.

The real question is, is my dwarf done for, is there anything that can be done? That's full-body necrosis there, combined with swelling. so I don't think it'll go so well :( This is my first syndrome FB, so it's new to me.

Note that the miasma listed with the things that have affected her mood is from her; also note that I didn't worry until I saw that miasma.

This is the worst that I could have feared D:
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 12:52:44 am by Putnam »

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: My third forgotten beast in my first truly good fort...
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 12:55:11 am »

I would suggest locking that dorf in a room and examining the effects of the disease for !!SCIENCE!!. Also, I heard vomit may contain the disease, thus spreading it amongst your dorfs *not 100% sure on that one*
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 01:01:32 am »

I would suggest locking that dorf in a room and examining the effects of the disease for !!SCIENCE!!. Also, I heard vomit may contain the disease, thus spreading it amongst your dorfs *not 100% sure on that one*

I don't think she'll survive long enough to lock her in the room, and I think there's some GCS looming over the corner to finish her off anyway :P

EDIT: Surviving, but unfortunately, the syndrome had a delayed effect on the axedwarf. Thankfully, the diagnoser is all over him.

The badass is standing outside as if she's going to start killing rhesus macaques any second

EDIT 2: Okay so it's not that bad, it doesn't seem to be too contagious at all

EDIT 3: The badass just killed a mountain titan, I think she's fine, though she has hilariously bad teeth now, and, looking at her wounds, she's apparently nothing but bones with a brain now, unless unspecified wounds on every body part means nothing
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 02:01:42 am by Putnam »

MrShovelFace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 02:14:39 am »

you do know that you could of sent anybody after that guy, even a kitten is just as good as a valuable trained dorf

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 03:26:44 am »

you do know that you could of sent anybody after that guy, even a kitten is just as good as a valuable trained dorf

yep

I just didn't quite expect the syndrome to be so necrotizing

I also didn't expect dwarven medicine to be so advanced

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 03:34:51 am »

yep

I suddenly thought of a line from Meet the Medic when you posted that.
"Oh don't be such a baby, ribs grow back!" *turns around* "No they don't..."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2011, 04:04:33 am »

yep

I suddenly thought of a line from Meet the Medic when you posted that.
"Oh don't be such a baby, ribs grow back!" *turns around* "No they don't..."

Indeed zey don't. Note also that teeth don't, either.

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2011, 04:11:14 am »

I think teeth grow back (well , only once after the milk teeth fell )
Desu

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2011, 07:00:04 am »

I would assume that her entire body was covered in the rot-goo.
Since she survived, congrats. As far as I remember, having a full-body rotten tissue removal surgery done and successfully recovering from it causes "things" to your units, especially so to military. Of the first part I'm not sure, but I recall someone said that the soldiers suffering similar rot-disease had all their skin removed(as well as their top-most eye tissue layers) ended up being unable to feel pain. That and blind. Because they no longer had functional eyes.

I've had these "super-soldiers" once as well, the biggest bunch of bad-asses in the entire military got caught in rot-substance, ended up on the surgery table and came out blind. They still did their job like I told them to, move to station, walk like normal. There was just ONE thing. They were blind. So, when the enemy came, all I could do was move them in position and let the enemy take the first swing. They were skilled enough to dodge such puny attacks and start fighting like normal afterwards, but yeah.

Not sure if Kill orders would make blind dorfs chase targets like normal.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2011, 07:08:43 am »

This is where 40d's follow-the-leader squad style could come in handy. They could be like a non-mute Yala and an army of Pans.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2011, 07:54:50 pm »

Nickname her General Grievous and give her a whip.

At any rate, you now know who to send out first if a dragon shows up; no body fat makes her fireproof.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 07:56:56 pm by Ubiq »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2011, 09:15:51 pm »

I would assume that her entire body was covered in the rot-goo.
Since she survived, congrats. As far as I remember, having a full-body rotten tissue removal surgery done and successfully recovering from it causes "things" to your units, especially so to military. Of the first part I'm not sure, but I recall someone said that the soldiers suffering similar rot-disease had all their skin removed(as well as their top-most eye tissue layers) ended up being unable to feel pain. That and blind. Because they no longer had functional eyes.

I've had these "super-soldiers" once as well, the biggest bunch of bad-asses in the entire military got caught in rot-substance, ended up on the surgery table and came out blind. They still did their job like I told them to, move to station, walk like normal. There was just ONE thing. They were blind. So, when the enemy came, all I could do was move them in position and let the enemy take the first swing. They were skilled enough to dodge such puny attacks and start fighting like normal afterwards, but yeah.

Not sure if Kill orders would make blind dorfs chase targets like normal.

Oh, so is that what it means when it lists every part of her body under "wounds" and doesn't give any details? That she is now a walking skeleton with intact internal organs?

AWESOME. And my axedwarf is the same way, too! Oh man, I hope she gets married and has a kid. Just the mental image is... hilariously scary.

Angry Bob

• Bay Watcher
  • Prone to catastrophic apathy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2011, 09:59:03 pm »

AWESOME. And my axedwarf is the same way, too! Oh man, I hope she gets married and has a kid. Just the mental image is... hilariously scary.

I'm going to quote something I heard once.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
---
huff pant gasp
---
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
FUN FOR THE FUN GOD

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2011, 12:37:41 am »

Also, there won't be any dragons, I think, since the world just passed into the golden age  :(

EDIT: ALSO, my Speardwarf's name is "Lorbam Bronzepuzzling the Cooperative Blanketed Gulf of Biting". I just checked, and she seems to have been hit by the dust as well. More importantly, however, I didn't know that there could be 2 adjectives to a title. Also, the textbox is moving the WYSIWYG over to the left like a typewriter O_o. Also, it appears that the dust makes these dwarves incapable of killing people with their weapons, instead using shields. I now have two semi-artifact shields.

Siege. Clown leader. Invasion. Entered through mist generator (bastards). Lost.

Fun!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 01:07:20 am by Putnam »

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2011, 01:09:32 am »

some "golden age" if there are still goblins being openly led into battle by clowns.

oh well, time to design a better mist generator, huh? =D
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time
Pages: [1] 2