Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 28

Author Topic: FRSC TBS 2(Turn 22 Live, and WHY DID YOU PISS IT OFF?!)  (Read 36820 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: FRSC TBS 2(Turn 17 Live)
« Reply #270 on: August 26, 2011, 08:25:52 am »

Surrender the planet and I may consider mercy on your other planet.

Also, I didn't realize multiple weapons on a ship worked that way- interesting.  Question:  Do multiple weapons of different types all fire at once at the same target?  Would, say, five lasers attacking one target at once count as one attack or five for purposes of engines?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 26, 2011, 08:32:13 am »

Also, I didn't realize multiple weapons on a ship worked that way- interesting.  Question:  Do multiple weapons of different types all fire at once at the same target?  Would, say, five lasers attacking one target at once count as one attack or five for purposes of engines?
Engine evasion triggers for each individual weapon, so if a ship had 4 lasers and attacked one of your bulwarks, all of the evasion would be consumed from that one attack.

And yes, when a ship attacks it focuses EVERYTHING on that one ship it targets. Notable exception is the effect from the Nucleon Flechette cannon.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 08:33:55 am by SHAD0Wdump »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 26, 2011, 08:33:33 am »

How come only one drone attacked each turn?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 26, 2011, 08:34:53 am »

How come only one drone attacked each turn?
To conserve my sanity in simulating battle, only 6 ships may participate in a round's worth of combat. It sadly puts a cap on zerg masses, but without it, those zerg masses would break me.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 26, 2011, 08:49:25 am »

Shadow:  Noted.  How do you pick which ships participate?

Sheb:  It really wouldn't have mattered- the shields would have taken (and regenerated) any spillover damage. 
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 26, 2011, 08:50:12 am »

Well, that make drone module useless. :/

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 26, 2011, 08:53:47 am »

Depending on how ships are selected.  If the drones attack as well as defend first, it's not as good.  If it's random, then it's actually pretty good- the big guns in the back can fire on the enemy ships while the enemy is tied up with drones.

Drone-on-Drone battles would just get silly, though, unless someone brings flechette cannons.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 26, 2011, 08:55:29 am »

Biggest, baddest ships get into the combat. They also fire first, which means they suffer the opponent's evasion first.

Not really, you may have noticed the bulwarks fired on the drones first, that's because they HAVE to. And if the Shiva survived this turn, it would have deployed another round of drones next turn.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 26, 2011, 08:58:17 am »

Biggest, baddest ships get into the combat. They also fire first, which means they suffer the opponent's evasion first.

Nice.  See- far from useless.

Not really, you may have noticed the bulwarks fired on the drones first, that's because they HAVE to. And if the Shiva survived this turn, it would have deployed another round of drones next turn.

And that would have sucked.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 26, 2011, 09:10:00 am »

So basically, if he uses his 5 drones bay inr eserve to build a carrier, he can screw you totally (well, until you get Nucleon Flechette Cannon).

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 26, 2011, 09:18:06 am »

Right, though with his lack of high power options, it'd just be a standoff.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 26, 2011, 09:20:17 am »

It'd still mean you couldn't colonize his planet. I actually like the way each defense got its weaknesses: your shields wouldn't help much against Railguns, and his drones are useless against flechettes.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 26, 2011, 09:25:21 am »

It'd still mean you couldn't colonize his planet. I actually like the way each defense got its weaknesses: your shields wouldn't help much against Railguns, and his drones are useless against flechettes.
If the colonizer manages to not get hit during the turn of combat, it will run by and colonize.

DFnewb has informed me that he's making a new detail with the three way alliance, if one member of that alliance attacks another in the same alliance, he'll break it off with the attacker.
 No, this wouldn't happen normally.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 09:27:19 am by SHAD0Wdump »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 26, 2011, 09:31:28 am »

So you can just colonize any other planet if you can run through?

That could make for a good use of drones: shield a colony ship and let it colonize other planets.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 26, 2011, 09:32:26 am »

Question, would I be allowed to fit more weapons and equipment into a already build hull (AKA Retrofit them)?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 28